MT4 Build 625

Hi, community. I recently downloaded the most recent Metatrader build (625) and when I place my custom indicators in the

C:Users/MQ4L/indicators folder nothing appears under custom indicators when I open the terminal. Also, I read you should try to access the custom indicators through the "Open data folder" but when I click on it, it doesn't open. Are there any solutions to these problems? If there's a way to revert back to a previous version, say build 509, that'd be great. Thanks in advanced.

Jaquanburton:
Hi, community. I recently downloaded the most recent Metatrader build (625) and when I place my custom indicators in the C:Users/MQ4L/indicators folder nothing appears under custom indicators when I open the terminal. Also, I read you should try to access the custom indicators through the "Open data folder" but when I click on it, it doesn't open. Are there any solutions to these problems? If there's a way to revert back to a previous version, say build 509, that'd be great. Thanks in advanced.

Reverting it to previous version is rather complicated

When you use the "Open data folder" do you have the MQL4 folder in that window (like on the picture)?

Files:

mladen:
Reverting it to previous version is rather complicated When you use the "Open data folder" do you have the MQL4 folder in that window (like on the picture)?

Yes sir, I copied all of my custom indicators into Local Disk (C): Users/MQ4L/Indicators, but when I open the terminal nothing is custom indicators. And also when MT4 is open it won't let me access File--->Open Data folder.

Jaquanburton:
Yes sir, I copied all of my custom indicators into Local Disk (C): Users/MQ4L/Indicators, but when I open the terminal nothing is custom indicators. And also when MT4 is open it won't let me access File--->Open Data folder.

That is strange. Frankly I can not see any reason why should it do so (why it does not allow you to access open data folder).

What operating system are you using?

are they in both the indicator folders

in the MQ4 / indicators folder and the normal experts / indicator folder

this worked for me, not sure if they should be in both, but does no harm

reverting back is a bit of pain and can take a while and no guarantee how long it will last for, also the platform can just re-update again after an hr or so of messing around reverting it back

if you use MTF on offline charts 600+ actually works much better than 509

mladen:
That is strange. Frankly I can not see any reason why should it do so (why it does not allow you to access open data folder). What operating system are you using?

Hi mladen I'm using Windows 7.

WR1:
are they in both the indicator folders

in the MQ4 / indicators folder and the normal experts / indicator folder

this worked for me, not sure if they should be in both, but does no harm

reverting back is a bit of pain and can take a while and no guarantee how long it will last for, also the platform can just re-update again after an hr or so of messing around reverting it back

if you use MTF on offline charts 600+ actually works much better than 509

Thanks WR1, but I dont know what you mean by in the normal experts/indicators folder. But yes I have them in my Local Disk (C): Users/MQ4L/indicators folder. Can you elaborate on what you mean by the normal experts/indicator folder?

Jaquanburton:
Hi mladen I'm using Windows 7.

It should work using windows 7 too

Maybe your antivirus is making some problems (it is reported that symantec antivirus among others, considers metatrader 4 build 625 as a virus (which is not far from the truth))

is there not another experts folder? outside of the MQ4 folder

inside the experts (not in MQ4 folder) there is another indicators folder same as it was in 509

if there is drop a copy of all your indis into there as well, i had similar problems at first so just added the indis to both indicator folders

and seems ok now

maybe i have a Frankenstein MT4, as it really is a monster pain in the ass

WR1:
is there not another experts folder? outside of the MQ4 folder

inside the experts (not in MQ4 folder) there is another indicators folder same as it was in 509

if there is drop a copy of all your indis into there as well, i had similar problems at first so just added the indis to both indicator folders

and seems ok now

maybe i have a Frankenstein MT4, as it really is a monster pain in the ass

Ha you're not the only one with the "Frankenstein MT4" but yeah it really is. Once I get this working again I'm never updating again. But to answer your statement I still only have 1 experts folder and that's the one inside MQ4L.

mladen:
It should work using windows 7 too Maybe your antivirus is making some problems (it is reported that symantec antivirus among others, considers metatrader 4 build 625 as a virus (which is not far from the truth))

Yeah I disabled AVG, but still a no go. So I'm just going to revert it to 509. Thanks for your help mladen.

Reason: