Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 103

dasssi:
mladen

i need your help

i can not find WebInstall folder in win 7

dasssi

It is a hidden folder

You have to turn the Show hidden files and folders on (or use something like total commander with that option turned on) and then you will be able to find it

Dassi,

Goto post 1062 and follow the link to FF. The last post there has graphics explaining how "unhide" and go to the WebInstall directory

thank you dear i removed the file

another thing is unable to attached the Ea i tried this method from FF without succes

do you have another solution

"Fellow traders,

There is a half-solution of the problem. This solution has been already voiced here. However it might be helpful for somebody.

By clicking the link below you can find the attached archive with build 451 of MQ4. The Metaeditor file is executable itself enclosed.

1. Unzip the archive into the folder you like.

2. Find Metaeditor.exe and run it by double clicking.

3. Go to menu File -> Open (as soon as Metaeditor starts working).

4. Find the MQ4 (of EAs or indicators ) file you want to compile in order to use it in the new build 600. Click the Compile button to compile the MQ4 file.

5. Find the EX4 executable file in the same folder, where the MQ4 file is placed at.

6. Copy this EX4 file in to the MQ4 / Indicators folder of build 600. Run the new build.

dasssi:
thank you dear i removed the file

another thing is unable to attached the Ea i tried this method from FF without succes

do you have another solution

"Fellow traders,

There is a half-solution of the problem. This solution has been already voiced here. However it might be helpful for somebody.

By clicking the link below you can find the attached archive with build 451 of MQ4. The Metaeditor file is executable itself enclosed.

1. Unzip the archive into the folder you like.

2. Find Metaeditor.exe and run it by double clicking.

3. Go to menu File -> Open (as soon as Metaeditor starts working).

4. Find the MQ4 (of EAs or indicators ) file you want to compile in order to use it in the new build 600. Click the Compile button to compile the MQ4 file.

5. Find the EX4 executable file in the same folder, where the MQ4 file is placed at.

6. Copy this EX4 file in to the MQ4 / Indicators folder of build 600. Run the new build.

dasssi

Did you use build 509 for that compiling?

Also, I am not sure what will happen if the indicators used are compiled using different build. I assume that they have to be built using the same build (otherwise, I think, indicators will not work properly when called from the EA)

There are multiple problems with EAs reported in the new metatrader 4. Old ex4 or new ones, does not matter. It is not safe yet to use EAs in the new metatrader 4

checkin:
There are multiple problems with EAs reported in the new metatrader 4. Old ex4 or new ones, does not matter. It is not safe yet to use EAs in the new metatrader 4

Hi Checkin,

Can you elaborate on the issues or provide a link? My testing with 574 vs 509 indicates virtually identical results with a couple of errors in totals in the strategy tester corrected in 574

Tzuman:
Hi Checkin, Can you elaborate on the issues or provide a link? My testing with 574 vs 509 indicates virtually identical results with a couple of errors in totals in the strategy tester corrected in 574

Simplest to go to mql forum - several threads with problems there (mainly in Russian part)

regards

I don't know guys but this is becoming frustrating

I am working with build 602 and for the last 2 hours I a trying to find out what the hell is going with one indicator that uses two dimension arrays. When I compile it, it works OK and then if I change any parameter or time frame it stops working.

Incredible : this bloody thing is not resetting arrays as it should (when the array is a fixed size array, it is not reset when indicator is reinitialized - did not check with EAs but I suppose that the case is the same with EAs too). Again we are having a 2 steps back when one step forward was made

Seems that for this version of mertatrader 4 everybody must be a professional coder a the least. Confusion is mostly among regular users who found themselves in a situation that they do not know what to do any more. As usual metatrader approach is that everybody must know everything. And all that without a normal support - they are still counting on independent forums to do the educating / teaching / helping job instead of them.

Reason: