Indicators with alerts/signal - page 925

shay
shay  

hello dear gurus

the alarm on this indi dont work or when they pop, its either too late or i don't get enough information on the signaled asset

just need a nice simple alert/alarm at start of change in colours

thanks

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
shay14:
hello dear gurus

the alarm on this indi dont work or when they pop, its either too late or i don't get enough information on the signaled asset

just need a nice simple alert/alarm at start of change in colours

thanks

shay14

That indicator seems to be made like that on intention (this part of code SignalTMSCross(i+1) makes sure that the current bar is never tested). I do not know why the author made it so (probably to make sure that alerts will happen only on a closed bar and to avoid false signals)

PS: It will not work on new metatrader 4 (the code needs to be converted) Done the conversion and now the code is compatible with the new metatrader 4 : tms-osc_histo_nmc.mq4

Files:
shay
shay  
mladen:
shay14

That indicator seems to be made like that on intention (this part of code SignalTMSCross(i+1) makes sure that the current bar is never tested). I do not know why the author made it so (probably to make sure that alerts will happen only on a closed bar and to avoid false signals)

PS: It will not work on new metatrader 4 (the code needs to be converted) Done the conversion and now the code is compatible with the new metatrader 4 : tms-osc_histo_nmc.mq4

thanks

so its not possible to get an alert on the first candle that changes color rather than the second?

thanks

ayan2030
ayan2030  
shay14:
thanks

so its not possible to get an alert on the first candle that changes color rather than the second?

thanks

In the settings change RSI_Price = 1 and it will alert on the first candle

shay
shay  
clon_tron:
In the settings change RSI_Price = 1 and it will alert on the first candle

tried it but entry is too late

Halldor Ulfar Halldorsson

Hi Mladen and Mr. Tools,

Can you pls. add the regular alerts to this indy?

stochastic_cross_alert_sigoverlaym_cw_mtf_1.01.mq4

William Snyder
William Snyder  
shay14:
tried it but entry is too late

Shay14, this version should alert normally..

falungong:
Hi Mladen and Mr. Tools,

Can you pls. add the regular alerts to this indy?

stochastic_cross_alert_sigoverlaym_cw_mtf_1.01.mq4

Dont know what I was drinking last night but I did not see the alerts in the inputs HAHAHAHAHAHA

michaelB
michaelB  
mladen:
Talaat E

All works as it should (just set the alertsOn parameter to true)

The issue with that indicator is that it will never trigger a signal on a current bar (but that is how the author of that indicator made it)

mladen or mrtools-

regarding Magic Dots 2.02 mtf alerts, the signal appears on the first closed bar, which is ok.

However, during forward testing, this signal can disappear.

Can this be behavior be fixed so that the signal remains on the bar?

Or is this simply the nature of the indicator?

Thank you for your help.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
michaelB:
mladen or mrtools-

regarding Magic Dots 2.02 mtf alerts, the signal appears on the first closed bar, which is ok.

However, during forward testing, this signal can disappear.

Can this be behavior be fixed so that the signal remains on the bar?

Or is this simply the nature of the indicator?

Thank you for your help.

michaelB

Frankly, I did not test that indicator in depth. If it does what you are describing, then I think that it is better not to use it