Mandarine EAs mods - page 26

Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180088 with defauls settings for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Statements are attached.

It is with Fibo = true:

EURUSD:

GBPJPY:

-------------

I am forward testing Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA for H1 timeframe. I changed only the settings for Fibo (true and false).

Visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it:

Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Signal Performance Factor

Mr. newdigital,

In above Signal Performance Factor and visual statements for USDCHF : Profit Factor is 14.55 and Annual Forecast Grow is 44137.00 (441.37%) but the Strategy Evaluation is losing.

As I understand, if Profit Factor is greater than 1 or Annual Forecast Grow is greater than 100%, this trading method is in profit in Account History. It seems Strategy Evaluation does not match with the value of Profit Factor & Annual Forecast Grow.

Regards.

Nomura

Yes, I agree.

But I agree with the word only.

It should be 'risky' instead of 'losing'.

Just word only.

But I want to say that it came because of drawdown factor (DD_Factor). So, it is evaluation based on the combination of the factors, or it is not enough trades for evaluation (for statistically proven results).

Read those 2 posts:

Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Mandarine Martingale EA with martingale feature.

I am trading EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, AUDUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF.

H1 timeframe.

Forward trading statement by pairs.

NZDUSD:

USDCAD:

USDCHF:

USDJPY:

-------------

Mandarine Martingale EA is on this post: it is Mandarine with Martingale.

Visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it:

Nomura,

This visual statements tools were created for different purposes in the beginning. It was created as Strategy Evaluation tools. For example, someone is selling some EA and this vendor is not giving any mql4 code. So, using this tool, and having just investor's login/password - we can say: what is this strategy, martingale/not martingale, risky/moderate and so on.

Igorad is having very strict criteria to evaluate the systems as he made some formulas for such as "preventing selling martingale EAs, and EAs without Stops or with huge Stops". Later on I adapted those tools to use for elite section evaluation. Later on - it was adapted to be used for RAS service. But originally - it was created to evaluate EAs without any source code and without any explanation from the vendor - having just investor's login/password to make those visual statements images.

Mr. newdigital,

I know the history of Signal Performance Factor and Visual Statements. I agree that it is a very useful tool for comparing and evaluating EAs.

But I do not understand why it classified a profitable EA as losing although the EA is very risky. The EA may become losing in long run with limited capital ( eg. $ 10,000).

Anyway, thanks for your explaination & thanks Mr. Igorad creating this useful tool.

Regards.

Nomura

It is something with drawdown. As I said - Igorad is having very strict evaluation criteria. About USDCHF:

- drawdown factor is not ranking (not enough data);

- and SPF is not ranking (not enough data to calculate but we can imagine that it is not good value).

- drawdown in dollars ... blue line is falling from ... may be 13,000 or 15,000 upto 5,000 dollars ... I think - it is beause some martingale trades were not closed immediately/simultaniously and it was indicated big drawdown for USDCHF for the short period of time.

I mean: if the person started to trade immediate before this drawdown so he will get margin call In our case with USDCHF: losing = margin call (deposit is 10,000 with drawdown as 13,000 or 15,000 for short period of time).

But as I said - Igorad did not like martingale EAs in general so ... And he created those tools to identify some "hidden dangers" in case of evaluation of commercial EAs.

By the way - I changed the word "losing" to "risky" on the image.

But it can also be a spike on data.

As we know - Metatrader's data/quotes are not perfect.

Mr. newdigital,

According information shown in Signal Performance Factor and Visual Statement for USDCHF :

Initial Deposit : 10,000.00

Absolute drawndown : 4,085.95

Maximal drawndown : 5,267.75

Active trade min/max : 1/11

I think the most worst case was : There were 11 opened positions and the equity dropped to 5,914.05 (10,000.00 - 4085.95)

or even if a trader started to trade just before maximal drawdrwn, the equity would drop to 4,732.25 (10,000.00 - 5267.75)

In both cases, there will be total 4.88 lots for 11 opened positions. I think it will not trigger margin call unless the account leverage is below 1:11.

I think Mr. Igorad classified an EA is losing if drawdown factor and SPF is not ranked or you may check with him.

Regards.

Nomura

newdigital:
Yes, I agree.

But I agree with the word only.

It should be 'risky' instead of 'losing'.

Just word only.

But I want to say that it came because of drawdown factor (DD_Factor). So, it is evaluation based on the combination of the factors, or it is not enough trades for evaluation (for statistically proven results).

Read those 2 posts:

Hi Nomura,

I just looked inside the codes of those tools.

So, it was coded as the following:

1. SPF > 0 && TotalPips > 0

Profitable

1. SPF 0

Risky

2. SPF < 0 && TotalPips < 0

Losing

So, this case as SPF < 0 && TotalPips < 0 - it is for risky martingale systems. The systems can be profitable in dollars but it is very risky to use as this profit is existing because of lot size inreasing only with big drawdown.

So, I agree, it is risky instead of losing.

But I want to say that those tools were created to discover "the hidden danger" in case ... of commercial sellers are posting some good statements without telling about the risk so we can use this tool just to understand what he is using in reality.

There is same concept in StatsAnalyzer tools (analyzing the EAs'/systems having just a statement posted only).

Just for information.

Reason: