Mandarine EAs mods - page 10

Hi James,

Yes, I will start to test newest versions.

The version I am using - it is profitable.

Good and profitable. Especially when I put this EA in very hard condition by trading many pairs simultaniosuly (incl very volatile pairs), and if it is profitable for long run so what to change? Nothing to change.

I do not like to change the versions if one version which I am using - is pofitable.

Yes, I will test more versions.

As to trailing stop so read this thread as it was explained: as I remember - trailing stop is some range ... do not remember exactly but it was explained on this thread.

Thanks, Newdigital.

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks a lot.

Please do not mis-understand me. I just would like to request the forward-testing of both versions to see which version performs better in terms of comparison of Max drawdown and profit factor, etc.

Of course, no need to change any version if they are profitable in long-run testing. Just to know which version is more profitable with lower drawdown in next few months. I hope you understand my ideas.

The users will then make final decisions on which versions to use for their own trading (for example: Higher profit goes with higher max drawdown, and lower profit goes with lower max drawdown, or maybe after few months forward-testing, we will know a better version of the 2 that can produce Higher profit but also lower max drawdown at same time).

Thanks a lot.

James

Better is with Fibo = true

I can say it without testing

Hi Newdigital. You should become a Fortune-teller. Hahaha

Hi Newdigital,

Good guess. You should become a famous fortune-teller if it is right.

Let's run 2 versions of Mandarine EA for at least 1 month with same amount, total no.s of pairs to see if results match your guess or not.

I will call you my Fortune-Teller if your saying / guess is correct. Hahaha.

Just joking ! Do not get angry, but in fact, if your guess is right, I will call you so.

Please set up these 2 versions and run forward-testing from tomorrow.

Thanks,

James

jamesphuc72:
To Newdigital : I am sorry but, could you please do a new forward-testing of both Mandarine EA (V1 version and newer version with Fractal indicator added) starting with either 1,000usd or 3,000usd and all default settings to see which version can perform better (lower drawdown and higher profit)? And how much better?

jamesphuc72,

From all your talking here I understand that you want to find some profitable EA to be used with small deposit size (less then 1,000 by lot size 0.1) with small drawdown, right?

I think - it is Brainwashing 1c1 version for H4 timeframe, and Alpha RSI settings for small deposit size. May be more - do not remember sorry.

Brainwashing (elite section) will be improved (for iTrend indicator's value to be calculated automatially as max in a week). Alpha RSI for small deposit - should be improved by settings to use dll version (as this latest dll version is profitable for long run).

jamesphuc72:

Let's run 2 versions of Mandarine EA for at least 1 month with same amount, total no.s of pairs to see if results match your guess or not.

Which 2 versions?

I am running Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA with 2 kind of setting (fibo = false and fibo = true) with MM = true with starting lot size = 0.1

Latest Mandarine_AllFibpivots_T3basic_v1a?

You know ... if we will use lot size = 0.01 so it will not meet your expectation as profit will be increased slowly.

But if we will have lot size = 0.1 as a minimum for many trading pairs traded simultaniously on one account so - it is not for 3,000 deposit just for sure ... 3,000 is too small deposit for lot size 0.1 with many pairs (because big drawdown on open trades as the stop loss/trailing stop was designed as MTF range of the price).

So, it will be the problem with the settings. Because stop loss will always be big one for this system.

Anyway - I will try to setup the latest version for this week.

Hi MrTools,

Good if you could post it in AdvancedElite. I will run in parallel and see how the two versions perform. Will it be a new thread or part of the Dynamic EA thread? Thanks for sharing.

mrtools:
Nazmul good eye version 1.1 is using CFB with another switch can't release it here but if you want to try it, can post it in Advanced, but i had it on another account using Cfb = true Ea had 1 trade and it was a looser, to me not as good as the FDE version, which in my honest opinion doesn't mean one indicator is better than the other could be a number of things one of which i may be using it wrong in the way i coded it into Mandarine, not really sure but could be a very strong possibility, because using Cfb and Fde in manual trading Cfb definitely the winner!

nazmul:
Hi MrTools, Good if you could post it in AdvancedElite. I will run in parallel and see how the two versions perform. Will it be a new thread or part of the Dynamic EA thread? Thanks for sharing.

Hi Nazmul,

Posted it in Various section for now!

jamesphuc72:
Hi Mr. Tools,

Thanks a lot, Mr. Tools. You are always kind and helpful to us.

By the way, you said "so can't remember exactly if there was any loosing trades(started testing around end of month), but don't think so, and this week had 8 trades all winners, for approx. 860 pips".

So, last week, the newer version with Fractal indicator won around 860 pips per 8 pairs WITHOUT your manual closing of the trades? I mean that you let it run and closed automatically by hitting trailing stops? Or did you close any trades manually at supports (for a Sell), or at resistances (for a Buy)?

+ By the way, I also had a SELL on Gbpjpy last week at 134.40, stop loss at 138.05, take profit at 120.11.

From this trade, I noticed that at beginning, it was in floating over 100 pips, then,when Gbpjpy dropped down to OVER 100 pips profit, but the Trailing stop DID NOT MOVE at all?

I just want to know for a winning trade, usually, how many pips in profit that will kick the Trailing stop to start moving to protect the profit ?

So, because I tested this new version on my mini live account, I had to use set trailing stop at 60 pips manually, and finally, I had 167 pips winner (hit my trailing stop at 132.73), but today, I saw Gbpjpy dropped further to 131.07 (it means I missed 166 pips more profit).

At this moment, I really don't know after how many pips profit that this EA will start moving Trailing stop?

I hope you can explain above information to me for my reference.

To Newdigital : I am sorry but, could you please do a new forward-testing of both Mandarine EA (V1 version and newer version with Fractal indicator added) starting with either 1,000usd or 3,000usd and all default settings to see which version can perform better (lower drawdown and higher profit)? And how much better?

Thanks a lot

James

Hi James,

To answer your first question yes last week and the week before i closed the trades manually .

About the trailing stop can set up the Mandarine indicator in the comments is the average daily Range now in Mandarine Ea is coded like this trailingStop = currentRange*Range.trailingStop so if i remember right avg range for gbpjpy is around 300 pips(think that is probably too low but good figure for calculating) by default trailing stop is set at 0.50 so 300 x .50 means 150 pip trailing stop.

Thanks. Will start testing.

mrtools:
Hi Nazmul, Posted it in Various section for now!
Reason: