RDB & RTL system - page 19

newdigital:
Hi PR1985,

As I see - you set max lot per trade as 0.1 for this signal with lot multiplier=1. But as I see - the vendor is tradin mostly lot size =1 or 0.5 for the past days ...

Besides ... is your broker's account ecn?

So we have a contradiction - am happy to admit if i'm wrong - i'll test it some time later

I am suggesting to regulate lot size (for buyers) by lot multiplier (consulting with the vendor first because he may use some system which some lot values' range may be necessary).

ianj:
So we have a contradiction - am happy to admit if i'm wrong - i'll test it some time later

yes, you are right: I was reading the manual now and this feature is as fixed lot size for all the trades (max fixed).

may be I am wrong ... because I was always thinking that it is the max lot size.

So, it is mistake with the manual, or I am wrong sorry ...

newdigital:
yes, you are right: I was reading the manual now and this feature is as fixed lot size for all the trades (max fixed).

may be I am wrong ... because I was always thinking that it is the max lot size.

So, it is mistake with the manual, or I am wrong sorry ...

It was only based on behaviour i saw when i tried to use the technique back in January - things might have changed now - i don't know how the RAS ea maps instructions from RAS to the broker - it might depend on broker as well . Just for the record i just set up a demo to see what using max_lot size does when signal used whole lots - have to wait for it to fire now

Well.

You know ... when someone is explaining (as I remember - it was the request of the members of the forum - it may be I am who was explaining ), the other person is programming, 3rd person is writing the instruction ... next person ...next person ...

and finally you read this instruction (which is written based on your initial request/explanation) and understood nothing

I asked the developers now.

buyer_lots_max_per_trade.

It is max lot size for buyer.

Example:

- vendor traded.

1order: lot size = 0.01

next order: lot size = 0.05

next order: lot size=0.23

next order: lot size=0.1

next order: lot size=3.5

- buyer.

buyer_lot_multiplier = 1

buyer_lots_max_per_trade =0.1

He (buyer) will have:

lot size = 0.01 - it will be 0.01 for buyer.

lot size = 0.05 - it will be 0.05 for buyer.

lot size=0.23 - this trade will not be open for buyer.

lot size=0.1 - it will be 0.1 for buyer.

lot size=3.5 - this trade will not be open for buyer.

--------------

So, it is just max lot size limitation.

For PR1985

I had a lot of problems because of RAS setting, but now everything works just fine with this signals.

If you use an ECN broker, buyer_partial_closing should be set to "false" (my ECN broker has called me because a lot of errors due the value of "true" of this variable). Buyer_stp_broker should be set to "true" since FXDD is an ECN broker, as you've said.

My value for buyer_lots_max_per_trade is set to 0.1 (as I trade minilots for this signal) and my value for buyer_lots_multiplier is 1.0 (since I've read it cannot be set at a value less than 1

Here is what I've read on Rentasignal site: "If set to 1 your multiplier will have lot size same as your seller. If set to 2 your multiplier will take your seller lot size and multiply by 2.

You can set any figures above 1.0 as 1.3, 2.5 and 4.8. But you can't set this feature with a value less than 1 due to general math rules.

If you want to multiply ALL lots that you want to trade on ALL of your signals, you could set the buyer_lots_multiplier on your expert advisor.

Otherwise, if you only want to multiply a currency signal or a particular signal and have subscribed to more than one signal, once you have logged into the Rent a Signal Website, you will need to go the "My Signals" tab , select the ID that you want to multiply and go to Advanced stats.

On the bottom of the page, you will find a detail of delivered currencies.

To change multiplier for the whole signal, set it on All first top row. You should wait to a moment where there is no open trades.

To change multipliers for individual signals, set it on the respective currency row.

Remember: This feature cannot be set with a value less than 1 due to general math rules."

"If you are getting partial closes of your trades, this could be because you have set your multiplier incorrectly.

You can't set this feature with a value less than 1 due to general math rules.

If set to 1, your multiplier will have lot size the same as your seller. If set to 2, your multiplier will take your seller lot size and multiply by 2.

You can set any figures above 1.0 as 1.3, 2.5 and 4.8. "

I hope this help.

mini lots

Iadriana20, thanks for explaining this lot size problem.

I think that a very popular account size is 10.000$. For this to work on this signal we should have to put the multiplier at <1. As you repeated in your explanation this is not allowed. I have tried it anyway with an other signal in the EA settings in MT4. What happened is that the EA trades nicely (FIXED however) 10.000$ mini lots but does no longer takes in account the lot size ratio of the signal seller. For RACSCAVE this would be a bad thing because he sizes according to his risk assessment. Putting all trades in the same size would give a complete different result.

What to do ?

Excuse me if this was explained already, pls post a link in that case.

Pepperoni,

I cannot post links form RAS site because it is not allowed to me since i have less than 10 post on this forum. My account for this signal is 10.000$, too and I've tried to have a multiplier less than 1, but I've received a lot of error alerts and then my broker disabled twice my account. So now all signals are entered with 0.1 lots (not with 0.05 lots for rac's 0.5 lot sizes).

But now this is ok for me. The only issue I have is with RAS trades that are opened and close immediately (within a few seconds) or trades that rac closes while mine are still opened or trades that on my account are not opened at all. And all this errors seems to distort the results with a loss in my account. Almost every 2 days I have such an error. This RAS realy sucks.

I've read that some rac's followers have the same problems with these trades, so I am not alone in this boat.

Reason: