Pips Harvester:yevell's Intraday Trading Strategy (RAS ID 532) - page 7

Account is in positive ~4%. One thing im seeing is that trade size on my demo do not exactly match the results posted on RAS. Im using 0.1 buyer_lots_multiplier in order to open trades with 0.05 lots instead of 0.5 lots. All my trades are 0.05 while on RAS it seems that there are number of trades opened with lots lower than 0.5. Not sure whats that all about.

zomg:
Account is in positive ~4%. One thing im seeing is that trade size on my demo do not exactly match the results posted on RAS. Im using 0.1 buyer_lots_multiplier in order to open trades with 0.05 lots instead of 0.5 lots. All my trades are 0.05 while on RAS it seems that there are number of trades opened with lots lower than 0.5. Not sure whats that all about.

zomg, I open every trade with 0.5 lot,but I will partly close the trades, most of the time, when the trades has 40 pips, i will close 0.1 lot, so,when you see the size is less than 0.5 loton RAS, that's because i close part of it !

regards !

yevell:
zomg, I open every trade with 0.5 lot,but I will partly close the trades, most of the time, when the trades has 40 pips, i will close 0.1 lot, so,when you see the size is less than 0.5 loton RAS, that's because i close part of it ! regards !

Trades on demo are not closing that way. They are closing whole 0.05 always.

I never saw partial close either.

One or two trades have 0.4 lots, the rest 0.5, all opened with these values and closed full.

Anyway,

Test day 5 :

Closed P/L 1772.08 $ (including prev. days)

Floating P/L -3400 $

Waiting for margin call....balance 5600, floating P/L -4600...

Enforcer:
Waiting for margin call....balance 5600, floating P/L -4600...

Not sure what happened to SLs on these trades but the DD is definitely big. My demo however is nowhere near blowing up as i used much smaller lot sizes.

I used same lot size as is more relevant for testing, just happen to have a bigger account.

Floating PL -4200, still waiting margin call...if will not crash will be just luck, not "strategy"...

Test day 6 :

Closed P/L 1772.08 $ (including prev. days)

Floating P/L -2200 $

Test day 7 :

Died out.

Indeed, 7 test days was enough for yevell to prove his strategy.

I can crash my account without help

Yesterday was more opportunities to close trades with loss ~= profit made, for example eurusd was at some point in profit, gpbjpy was today in profit at least 40 pips but he did absolutely nothing... maybe waiting for Fu-Xing (or whatever is spelling) to close his trades....

sorry for making your account get a margin call ! but i would hold the trade as much as I can, until I think it would run in a different position !

and I know that you initial balance was 5000 dollars, so, in this case, you sould trade with 0.1 lot, not 0.5 lot ! only 5000 dollars, but open 5 trades with 0.5 lot, it was too risky !

in my opinion, if you want to follow my signal with 0.5 lot, the initial balance should be 15000 dollars at least !

my suggest:

balance lot

1000 0.05

5000 0.1-0.2

10000 0.2-0.5

15000 0.5

hope helpful !

best wishes !

Enforcer:
Test day 7 :

Died out.

Indeed, 7 test days was enough for yevell to prove his strategy.

I can crash my account without help

Yesterday was more opportunities to close trades with loss ~= profit made, for example eurusd was at some point in profit, gpbjpy was today in profit at least 40 pips but he did absolutely nothing... maybe waiting for Fu-Xing (or whatever is spelling) to close his trades....
Reason: