RDB & RTL system - page 20

Pipperoni:
Iadriana20, thanks for explaining this lot size problem.

I think that a very popular account size is 10.000$. For this to work on this signal we should have to put the multiplier at <1. As you repeated in your explanation this is not allowed. I have tried it anyway with an other signal in the EA settings in MT4. What happened is that the EA trades nicely (FIXED however) 10.000$ mini lots but does no longer takes in account the lot size ratio of the signal seller. For RACSCAVE this would be a bad thing because he sizes according to his risk assessment. Putting all trades in the same size would give a complete different result.

What to do ?

Excuse me if this was explained already, pls post a link in that case.

buyer_lots_mutliplier can be set to less than 1 not sure who told you that. Thus if Rac trades 1.0 lots and you have a setting of 0.1 it will open 0.1 on your platform same for 0.01 (as long as your broker support mini and micro lots).

buyer_lots_max_per_trade cannot obviously be set @ less than 1 and I have mine @ the default 9999.0.

lovejoy80:
buyer_lots_mutliplier can be set to less than 1 not sure who told you that. Thus if Rac trades 1.0 lots and you have a setting of 0.1 it will open 0.1 on your platform same for 0.01 (as long as your broker support mini and micro lots). buyer_lots_max_per_trade cannot obviously be set @ less than 1 and I have mine @ the default 9999.0.

Yes Lovejoy80, I know you can put buyer_lots_mutliplier in the EA smaller 1 for example 0.1, But does it keep the same ratio as Rac ?Or is it than fixed for all trades at 0.1 ? For example: The last 4 trades were lot size : 1 - 0.5 - 0.5 - 1 with the buyer_lots_mutliplier at 0.2 for example I would like : 0.2 - 0.1 - 0.1 - 0.2.

In my experience (other signal) it gave a fixed lot size : 0.2 - 0.2 - 0.2 - 0.2

Iadriana20 (just above) said: "So now all signals are entered with 0.1 lots (not with 0.05 lots for rac's 0.5 lot sizes)" and he is not very happy, so to read.

Lovejoy,

I tried last week to set buyer_lot_multiplier to 0.1 (less than 1) and received many errors alerts and then my broker (FXCM - an ECN broker) disabled for the second time my account. So it seems this does not work with my broker.

ladriana20:
Lovejoy, I tried last week to set buyer_lot_multiplier to 0.1 (less than 1) and received many errors alerts and then my broker (FXCM - an ECN broker) disabled for the second time my account. So it seems this does not work with my broker.

If you set the multiplier to 0,1 the EA tries to set orders with 0,05 Lot,

bot this doesn't work with FXCM the min. Lotsize should be 0,1.

So try it again with multiplier 0,2 on Demo, so the trades executed with 0,1 and 0,2 Lot.

Rippes,

My account with FXCM works with microlots (0.01 lots), too. Since I opened this account with 10.000 $, I made a request to allow me to trade microlots as per minimum lot size. I've checked it and it works, so I really don't know what settings are wrong.

RAS/signal/broker lot size combinations

Rippes:

So try it again with multiplier 0,2 on Demo, so the trades executed with 0,1 and 0,2 Lot.

I have used various multipliers - ALL with stp/ecn brokers:

JadeFX works properly down to 0.1 - that means high risk positions are opened at 0.05 (JadeFX minimum)

ATC, FxOpen down to 0.1 - but high risk AND normal risk both open at minumum 0.1

MBT works at 1, but they are mini-lots (10k) so that is fine

Multiples above 0.1 but less than 1 work fine as well but the positions may be distorted by the minimum lot size and increment supported by the broker

ATC supports from 0.1 lot in increments of 0.01lot

I can also use the multiplier on the signal/stats page and they work in conjunction with the lot multiplier in the RAS ea, but again according to the minimum/increment lot sizes supported by the broker.

max_lots

newdigital:
yes, you are right: I was reading the manual now and this feature is as fixed lot size for all the trades (max fixed).

may be I am wrong ... because I was always thinking that it is the max lot size.

So, it is mistake with the manual, or I am wrong sorry ...

OK - demo'd it for a while and (at least using the later 1.32 version) the buyer_lots_max_per trade works when used with a number less that the signal offers. e..g i ran multiplier 1 with buyer_lots_max_per_trade @ 0.05 and it opened 0.05 lot sized positions - as promised

I have had problems in the past so perhaps it was fixed in 1.32 - so i concede it probably works now

Rippes:

ianj:
OK - demo'd it for a while and (at least using the later 1.32 version) the buyer_lots_max_per trade works when used with a number less that the signal offers. e..g i ran multiplier 1 with buyer_lots_max_per_trade @ 0.05 and it opened 0.05 lot sized positions - as promised I have had problems in the past so perhaps it was fixed in 1.32 - so i concede it probably works now
ianj:
I have used various multipliers - ALL with stp/ecn brokers:

JadeFX works properly down to 0.1 - that means high risk positions are opened at 0.05 (JadeFX minimum)

ATC, FxOpen down to 0.1 - but high risk AND normal risk both open at minumum 0.1

MBT works at 1, but they are mini-lots (10k) so that is fine

Multiples above 0.1 but less than 1 work fine as well but the positions may be distorted by the minimum lot size and increment supported by the broker

ATC supports from 0.1 lot in increments of 0.01lot

I can also use the multiplier on the signal/stats page and they work in conjunction with the lot multiplier in the RAS ea, but again according to the minimum/increment lot sizes supported by the broker.

Read this: How does lot multiplier work? - Powered by Kayako SupportSuite Helpdesk Software

Reason: