RDB & RTL system - page 12

Dropping Trades

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone else was having problems with trades being closed straight after opening.

Since last week 3 trades have been opened and then immediately closed.

595526 GBPUSD 11/2/2010 Order received same time as web stats

590443 AUDJPY 07/02/2010 Order received 1hr 10mins after web stats

590432 AUDUSD 07/02/2010 Order received 1hr 45mins after web stats

Is anyone else experiencing this?

My server runs 24/7 and have a good connection.

I have the EA running on all pairs and settings are the same for all.

I have a support call raised for this, just wanted other subscribers responses.

Cheers

racscave:
Hi Mark,

It's up to you guys. I wanted to keep 1 lot for good probability trades (imho) and 0.1 for tests and less certain trades. E.g. dow was on the edge of the cliff last friday. Should it take one more step forward, you know from my posts, what would happen to yen crosses.

Anyways, I will leave it up to you guys. I can always use one lot for every trade or change sizes. I understand it would be easier for many of you.

Please take time to go to a survey site and vote.

I will respect your vote. Lets say by the end of Feb 15 we will take a look at final results.

Here's the link:

Untitled Document

YOU have (majority) opted for two trade sizes: 1 and 0.5 lots.

Starting today I will only use these two.

If you ever see position size < 0.5 lot, you can assume it was done in error and can adjust your own positions.

happy trading.

r

Update on this:

Switched to running RAS EA on one 5min chart, no trades dropped since.

Cheers

pitpony:
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone else was having problems with trades being closed straight after opening.

Since last week 3 trades have been opened and then immediately closed.

595526 GBPUSD 11/2/2010 Order received same time as web stats

590443 AUDJPY 07/02/2010 Order received 1hr 10mins after web stats

590432 AUDUSD 07/02/2010 Order received 1hr 45mins after web stats

Is anyone else experiencing this?

My server runs 24/7 and have a good connection.

I have the EA running on all pairs and settings are the same for all.

I have a support call raised for this, just wanted other subscribers responses.

Cheers

pitpony:
Update on this:

Switched to running RAS EA on one 5min chart, no trades dropped since.

Cheers

That's interesting. Thanks for the update.

3 months have past and overall, I'm happy with RAS performance. February was a challenging month as I tried to adjust my trading to minimize slippage, members were experiencing on their platform. This transition is no complete and hopefully it brings us many pips in coming months. There was also a mistake with g/j trades along the way and there is no excuse for it. lesson has been learned.

If you're a subscriber, but still not a member of RDBRTL google group, you might want to join. It will only benefit your trading. I'm following the rules with RAS system and won't place extra trades to minimize the risk to subscribers and preserve their capital, however inside the group I'm posting all my personal trades in addition to those on RAS. Just the one we placed today it's going places....

Group address:

http://groups.google.ca/group/rdbrtl-forex-traders

many pips,

r

Files:
3mrecap.pdf  199 kb

Dear Racscave,

I have followed your posts regarding price action for years, and have never used a signal service before. I understand that you believe trading is mostly an attitude or perception business.

With that in mind, if I felt safer aiming for a much lower return, say 100-200% per year, could the settings in your service be changed to allow a much smaller trade size. So if I had a mini or even micro account, and you traded a full lot, can my trade size be reduced to a fraction, or does it have to be the same ratio as yours.

So if you traded 1 standard lot, am I forced to trade 1 mini lot, or can I trade a fraction such as 0.20 mini lots etc.

Regards.

Dynamicfx:
Dear Racscave,

I have followed your posts regarding price action for years, and have never used a signal service before. I understand that you believe trading is mostly an attitude or perception business.

With that in mind, if I felt safer aiming for a much lower return, say 100-200% per year, could the settings in your service be changed to allow a much smaller trade size. So if I had a mini or even micro account, and you traded a full lot, can my trade size be reduced to a fraction, or does it have to be the same ratio as yours.

So if you traded 1 standard lot, am I forced to trade 1 mini lot, or can I trade a fraction such as 0.20 mini lots etc.

Regards.

I'll try and answer this if I can, although please correct me if i'm wrong.

There is an EA setting in RAS called 'Buyer_Lots_Multiplier' which basically allows you to trade multipules of the signal provider.

For Example: If you set it to 0.10 it will trade 1 mini lot for every 1lot traded.

So if you set it to 0.20 (0.20 * 1lot = 0.20) you would trade 2 mini lots for every 1 lot traded.

Hope this helps.

Dynamicfx:
Dear Racscave, I have followed your posts regarding price action for years, and have never used a signal service before. I understand that you believe trading is mostly an attitude or perception business.

hi Dynamic,

When it comes to trading I only care about three things, which will work over and over again under normal market conditions.

1. PA

2. S/R

3. Interest rate directions.

You just can't lose long term if you follow these three

With that in mind, if I felt safer aiming for a much lower return, say 100-200% per year,

In forex 100% annual gains are norm for large accounts (by large account I mean $150k - 500k). For small accounts returns of 500%+ are not a rarity, if you know what you're doing.

could the settings in your service be changed to allow a much smaller trade size. So if I had a mini or even micro account, and you traded a full lot, can my trade size be reduced to a fraction, or does it have to be the same ratio as yours. So if you traded 1 standard lot, am I forced to trade 1 mini lot, or can I trade a fraction such as 0.20 mini lots etc.

Simple answer is yes, you can trade fractions of my positions.

There is a setting in RAS as pitpony indicated (Thank you), which allows you to do so. I have talked to almost every subscriber and it's been decided that I will only use two positions going forward: 1 lot and 0.5 (5minis) to allow for easy position sizing for them. How you want to set 'Buyer_Lots_Multiplier' is up to you and your risk tolerance. Different brokers allow different account types (from std lots to micro lots); I'm not sure if by 0.2 mini you meant 2 micro lots or 0.2 lot (2 mini).

Hope this helps

r

I think we've got some problems with this version of RAS.

I'm just getting ready for the new trading week and I thought, I'd check my orders slippage on RAS last week...and to my surprise, both Eur/Usd show up as still not closed. They both were closed on my platforms hours before fiber pulled back to 1.36 one more time.... Anyone else experienced this issues on Friday.?

I'd like to hear from you.

Many pips

rac

Files:

Hey Rac,

The same happened to me , all positions hit TP,there must be some issue with RAS.

Regards,

Der.

Reason: