Hi,i'm newbie here also for MT4.
I just tested the polyfitscalper v1.59 no hedge with the "newsettings" parameter downloaded from the original post. In general, i think it's a good scalper, but i want to use other money management. So i changed some parameters and what i got was "incredible". Since i don't believe "Holy Grail", so could anyone tell me what i've been missing?
john was that a live forward test?
if it aint broke dont fix it
No, it's just historical test. Does live forward test mean running this EA in realtime with real or demo account? I have been running the EA with this setting on my vps for a week. It works well until now, but i think it's just too early to come to a conclution.
Try out this one
I've the Murray Math indicator attached that seems to have a refreshing problem; I mean the lines become shorter (seems that the right end of the lines didn't update the position each bar) and also (but I'm not sure about that) seems that didn't update the calculation when the Highs/Lows of reference changes with the time.
Now I need to change time frame once in a while to force the indi to recalculate.
Also the labels below the lines have the origin position in the middle, so I had to add spaces on the text to keep them aligned with the left end of the lines; there is a way to set the origin of the labels at the left side?
Could anybody have a look in the code and fixing it?
Your help is really appreciated!
Please take a look at the attachments
Screen is a normal andrews pitchfork.The Median Line goes trough the 50% retracement in price and time,of points 2 and 3 of the pitchfork,as usual
Screen2 is andrews pitchfork+2 additional "Median Lines",one goes trough 38.2%,in price and time,the other goes trough 61.8%.
2 questions :
1-Will it be possible to modify andrews pitchfork to automatically do what I manually did in screen2 picture?Showing the 3 median lines,and,if possible not showing the Fibonacci retracements ?
2-In case it is possible,will it be possible to add 2 more Median Lines for the 23.6% and 76.4/78.6% retracements?
3-Sometimes,I prefer to work with octaves instead of Fibos(0.125,0.250,0.375,0.500,0.675,0.750,0.875),that means we would need 6 additional median lines to the 0.5 already included in andrews pitchfork...Will it be possible or we will be restricted by buffer limits?
Thanks in advance for your consideration and Regards.
Mladen, have a big request for you:
I have been testing the PolyFit Scalper EA, and one thing I notice is that you have developed two VERY interesting alternate versions of Polyfit bands V2.3
One of them is the PA (phase accumulation) polyfit bands 2.3 and the other is an alb polyfit bands 2.3
My request is that I would like to "insert" these variants for use/testing in the Polyfit scalper EA, but I have no idea what indivcator settings for these indicator variants correspond or "equal" the current suggested regular polyfit bands for use in the EA.
The settings for "normal" polyfit bands in the EA v1.59 nohedge are:
can u "translate" for me so that I know what starting settings to use on both the PA polyfit bands indi and alb polyfit bands indi to "equal" these above setting for "regular" polyfit bands 2.3? (their settings are completely different and I dont understand the translation). Thanks a million!
Unfortunately there is no translation from a regular to adaptive ones. The adaptive ones are changing periods all the time depending on market conditions and thus one can never know what is the actual period calculated so you can not tell that for example period nn is xx cycles in pa, for example. I usually set the default parameters in the adaptive indicators to resemble to values of the non-adaptive ones with default values, but that is just resemblance
The rule is more or less the following : the longer the periods the less chance is that it will look like the adaptive one since the changes in periods in the adaptive one are going to make big differences values in volatile periods. It is a rulle valid for anu adaptive indicator (even jurik MA which is also an adaptive indicator)
OK thanks - then could u tell me what settings for PA bands (filter/cycles) and alb bands (swing count) would be good defaults to approximate a static period of 150 (which is used in the "normal" v 3.2 bands in the EA)? I can go from there.
The easiest way is to take the "underlying" indicator and see when does it give "expected" periods