Requests & Ideas - page 153

Hello again Mr Tools,

I am not sure I understand all your points correctly in your last post:

- Are you referring to the 'Currency Slope Strength' indicator when saying ''its by default using daily values, but now with a 50 half period looks interesting''?..this is however not a variable input in it.

- When you refer to the Blau you are using is it the ECO one or the Ergodic one? There is also another Ergodic one somewhere here (version 2.01)

Thanks a lot for clarifying!

Daniel

mrtools:
Hows it going Enrico

Yes the Tma centered recalculates but honestly hasn't affected anything not sure why, but maybe its because its using 100 period atr for slope and all the calculations it goes through maybe slows it down,but don't know for sure, another thing forgot to mention is its by default using daily values, but now with a 50 half period looks interesting. Anyway my friend sent another version i used this week trading, using Tma centered and Blau did not lose a trade on H1(a rarity for me) , this version the same as that except for the changes i mentioned. Also he told me they are using the Tma centered slope in an Ea for trend confirmation, and that it is doing well. Anyway not sure if i posted these Blau's or if I did where i posted them, so will post them here. Was checking the Ergodic Candle oscillator version, looks better.

ps) the changes I made hopefully it won't affect the performance but would thread lightly at first to see how it goes.

Hi Mladen,

Attached is an indicator I created. Could you please add a few items to it :

1) A simple moving average for the indicator

2) An upper band and a lower band based on standard deviation and simple moving average of the indicator.

I tried doing it myself but got stuck on "onarray" and couldn't straighten it out.

Thank you in advance

pooh

Files:
ocean.jpg  44 kb

dakiki:
Hello MrTools,

Thank you for the indicators and ideas posted today. For the 'Currency Strength' indicator, when you say''For the before mentioned using Tma centered or Lwma if ignoreFuture = false, you are using Tma centered slope if true now using Lwma slope''....does this mean that if set to true it is kind of a TMAtrue, meaning it shows the crossover of the lines as they would have looked in real time on a visual backtest?

All the best!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yes, but remember if using multi timeframe it probably won't look the same, unless back testing on same timeframe as indicator is set to.

dakiki:
Hello again Mr Tools,

I am not sure I understand all your points correctly in your last post:

- Are you referring to the 'Currency Slope Strength' indicator when saying ''its by default using daily values, but now with a 50 half period looks interesting''?..this is however not a variable input in it.

- When you refer to the Blau you are using is it the ECO one or the Ergodic one? There is also another Ergodic one somewhere here (version 2.01)

Thanks a lot for clarifying!

Daniel

Daniel this is the external parameter that controls the Tma's ::: extern double HalfLength = 50;, last week this was built in using a HalfLength of 20.

About the Blau on the picture I posted was the Blau Ergodic TSI, which i used last week with the CSS, but was testing the Blau Ergodic Candlestick(eco) and looks like it may be a better fit for the CSS, apologize for the confusion. Main thing to remember is the same oh same oh about the Tma Centered recalculating, but wasn't bothered by it last week, but can reach out and bite if not careful.

pooh

Here you go

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

Attached is an indicator I created. Could you please add a few items to it :

1) A simple moving average for the indicator

2) An upper band and a lower band based on standard deviation and simple moving average of the indicator.

I tried doing it myself but got stuck on "onarray" and couldn't straighten it out.

Thank you in advance

pooh
Files:
pooh.gif  29 kb

mladen:
pooh

Here you go

Hi Mladen,

This is exactly what I need. Appreciate your work as always.

Thank you,

pooh

Apparently my trying to make it lighter didn't go right so until its fixed,this is the original, which has a max bars setting and sorry for the screw up,

mrtools:
Apparently my trying to make it lighter didn't go right so until its fixed,this is the original, which has a max bars setting and sorry for the screw up,

Hello Bill,

c'mon...you don't need to apologize!!! I suppose that 90% of us is still in debt with you for all the great stuff that you did for the community !!!

just another question about this indi... apart that it's a cpu hog (as you have already stated..) seems also that the colored background (that should be on if the difference between the two slopes is greater than the threshold value) did not update properly, see picture attached.

Something you may have a look at?

Let's go grab some pips here and there !!

Regards

Enrico

Files:
strength.gif  85 kb

brax64:
Hello Bill,

c'mon...you don't need to apologize!!! I suppose that 90% of us is still in debt with you for all the great stuff that you did for the community !!!

just another question about this indi... apart that it's a cpu hog (as you have already stated..) seems also that the colored background (that should be on if the difference between the two slopes is greater than the threshold value) did not update properly, see picture attached.

Something you may have a look at?

Let's go grab some pips here and there !!

Regards

Enrico

Hello Enrico,

Thanks for the kind words, am going over it but in stages, sometimes think i try to much at a time and then forget, where i was at! Anyway nice chart and most importantly looks like you are doing very well, I had the indicator on 6 pairs and it was shutting my laptop almost down with 100% cpu.

Hi Mr Tools,

The max bars is set to 0 for the CURRENCY SLOPE STRENGTH indi, but I do have to set all symbols to 'true', right?...for it to work properly. It also slows down my platform very much, so much that I actually have to disable it for now...but I would love for you to find a way to make it ligther.

Thanks a lot again,

Daniel

Reason: