Requests & Ideas - page 155

Hi Nod,

Its already in the template: tradeslog v1.5. Just enable money management (MM)

D

nodp53:
Hallo Enrico,

Thank you very much for your help. Should it be possible to post this one ? its orange at the picture at the upper left corner.

thank you in advance.

Nod

Hi all,

Where the hell is Adaptive intraday breakout 2_alerts+mtf indicator hidden? And IMHO blog should have a download link, or just any link that leads to the page it was posted.

TIA

nodp53:
Hallo Enrico,

Thank you very much for your help. Should it be possible to post this one ? its orange at the picture at the upper left corner.

thank you in advance.

Nod

Hi Nod,

That indicator is called TradesLog v1.5 and it's already included in the zip file of my template; it has several modality of visualization activated by external input.

• Hidden_mode: if true hide the data from the chart without deleting the indicator.
  • Compact_mode: if true visualize only few columns (Symbol, Lots, Pips, Profit), if false all the data.
  • Show_MM: if true visualize also the Money management data, but only if Compact_mode is false.
  • Show_balance: if true will show account data (Balance, Equity, Free Margin, Margin and Margin Level %) in a separate box.
  • Background: if true will show data in a colored box (you may change the color with bkgcolor parameter).
  • Risk: set the percent value of your balance you are willing to risk for your trades

all the other parameters to choose the position where you want visualize the information on the chart (you may choose also sub windows); the trade log box and the balance box have separate control for maximum flexibility.

Regards

Enrico

yigal:
Hi all,

Where the hell is Adaptive intraday breakout 2_alerts+mtf indicator hidden? And IMHO blog should have a download link, or just any link that leads to the page it was posted.

TIA

Hi Yigal,

The indicator is here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002/page12

To get to the links to find stuff posted in Advanced Elite from here "Requests & ideas"thread click on "Advanced Elite" next to it, and on the first thread is where you find the links to download.

ps) what i was talking about is right above the Thread title you have this

" Home > Forum > Exclusive Forum > Advanced Elite > Requests & Ideas"

just click on Advanced Elite

brax64:
Hi Nod,

That indicator is called TradesLog v1.5 and it's already included in the zip file of my template; it has several modality of visualization activated by external input.

• Hidden_mode: if true hide the data from the chart without deleting the indicator.
  • Compact_mode: if true visualize only few columns (Symbol, Lots, Pips, Profit), if false all the data.
  • Show_MM: if true visualize also the Money management data, but only if Compact_mode is false.
  • Show_balance: if true will show account data (Balance, Equity, Free Margin, Margin and Margin Level %) in a separate box.
  • Background: if true will show data in a colored box (you may change the color with bkgcolor parameter).
  • Risk: set the percent value of your balance you are willing to risk for your trades

all the other parameters to choose the position where you want visualize the information on the chart (you may choose also sub windows); the trade log box and the balance box have separate control for maximum flexibility.

Regards

Enrico

Dear Enrico,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

Nod

This is Currency Slope Strength indicator, this indicator is using either Tma centered ma or Lwma depending on your settings, this indicator was sent to me to try and make it lighter and noticed the indicator was using Tma centered and Lwma, but didn't have user controlled HalfLength and Price so added it also some minor code changes to hopefully make it lighter on computer resources. There is a setting called differenceThreshold by default is set to .8, if i am understanding right once the slope goes beyond this level the indicator colors the background differently, and meaning a good time to enter. For the before mentioned using Tma centered or Lwma if ignoreFuture = false, you are using Tma centered slope if true now using Lwma slope. Another setting showOnlySymbolOnChart if true it will only show the pair on the chart you place it on, if false you get the spaghetti look and when using it this way it takes awhile for the indicator to load, not only is the indicator getting values from the 8 currencies but also their combinations. The indicator has worked well for me, been using it as is, with Blau slope for trading fairly sucessfully.

PS) This is the TMA Centered recalculates speech, do not want to mislead anyone, so please,please remember this before taking a trade signal from this indicator, I have used it for a long time and still once in awhile get burned from it.

Files:

brax64:
Hi Bill,

thanks for sharing this really interesting piece of code

A dumb question: using TMA centered is there the possibility of "recalculation" (aka repainting...) of the half period length? I'm asking 'cause i did trhow it on a 1H EU chart and its signals are simply "too good to be true!!"

Kindly may you post the link for the Blau indi?

Have a great Sunday!

Regards

Hows it going Enrico

Yes the Tma centered recalculates but honestly hasn't affected anything not sure why, but maybe its because its using 100 period atr for slope and all the calculations it goes through maybe slows it down,but don't know for sure, another thing forgot to mention is its by default using daily values, but now with a 50 half period looks interesting. Anyway my friend sent another version i used this week trading, using Tma centered and Blau did not lose a trade on H1(a rarity for me) , this version the same as that except for the changes i mentioned. Also he told me they are using the Tma centered slope in an Ea for trend confirmation, and that it is doing well. Anyway not sure if i posted these Blau's or if I did where i posted them, so will post them here. Was checking the Ergodic Candle oscillator version, looks better.

ps) the changes I made hopefully it won't affect the performance but would thread lightly at first to see how it goes.

ps2) This is the TMA Centered recalculates speech, do not want to mislead anyone, so please,please remember this before taking a trade signal from this indicator, I have used it for a long time and still once in awhile get burned from it.

Only now saw your post, sorry

Anyway, now it is clearer what you mean (i was thinking in terms of regular pivot, not the pivot oscillator). Will try to do something with the oscillator regarding your ideas. Maybe just one explanation to the pivot oscillator : the V8 line is the line showing relative position of the Close price to pivot lines. So, instead of showing it on chart, it is normalized (depending on levels, but you see that the outer levels are always 1 and -1 - that is ude to normalization relative to outer pivot levels)

Will see what can I do

davidoh:
Of course, R2 is always > 0 while S2 is < 0. However we compare absolute values of R2 and S2 for calculation. The following is additional explanation about V8 line.

Currently, V8 line is pale violet red in indicator. Sometimes R2 becomes bigger than S2 in absolute value. This is when we change V8 line to blue.

Also, S2 is bigger than R2 in absolute value, which is when we change V8 line to red.

We need ‘alert’ function that notifies us when the color is change to either blue or red.

In picture 2, R2 is 0.73259, S2 is -0.60074 and pivot is 0.06593.

R2 has the same absolute value compared to its original one, which is 0.73259. However S2 becomes 0.60074 in absolute value.

R2 is bigger than S2 in absolute value. We don’t have to convert the pivot value into absolute term, but only check whether it is above or below 0.

If R2 is bigger than S2 in absolute term with pivot value below 0, we indicate V8 line red.

If we look at the chart in long-term, there are cases when R2 becomes bigger than S2 and vice versa. We can follow the procedure list above to change the color of V8 line.

mladen:
Only now saw your post, sorry

Anyway, now it is clearer what you mean (i was thinking in terms of regular pivot, not the pivot oscillator). Will try to do something with the oscillator regarding your ideas. Maybe just one explanation to the pivot oscillator : the V8 line is the line showing relative position of the Close price to pivot lines. So, instead of showing it on chart, it is normalized (depending on levels, but you see that the outer levels are always 1 and -1 - that is ude to normalization relative to outer pivot levels)

Will see what can I do

thanks for your interest and effort.

hello mladen

I need 2 indis to be a MTF version, please.

Thanks in advance.

Reason: