Requests & Ideas - page 101

halvardu
halvardu  
mladen:
Halvard

I think that this should do the job as you require it. Changed the logic of it a bit. First of all, it will not alert you on a first start, on time frame change, on parameters change ... It will alert only if a new fractal is drawn. So it can alert only once for a fractal. If a fractal "disappears" it will not alert on a previous fractal (it assumes that it already had, and since there were a newer fractal, it skips issuing a new alert) All in all, it should work as you need it

regards

Mladen

Hi Mladen, sorry to disturb you again.. But can you please adjust the arrows so they are longer from the candles??

Best regards

Halvard

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Halvard

No problem. Here you go Frankly I did not like the way built in fractals were made either (they are strictly made on high / low basis) so in this one you can direct how many ATRs you want the arrows gap between high and low and the arrow. That multiplier can be fractional so you can control the position of the arrows precisely and of course it allows you to have as much different time frames on the same chart as you wish (here is an example of a 5 minute fractals with 0.33 gap and 15 minute fractals with 1.00 gap and different arrows)

regards

Mladen

halvardu:
Hi Mladen, sorry to disturb you again.. But can you please adjust the arrows so they are longer from the candles??

Best regards

Halvard
halvardu
halvardu  
mladen:
Halvard

No problem. Here you go Frankly I did not like the way built in fractals were made either (they are strictly made on high / low basis) so in this one you can direct how many ATRs you want the arrows gap between high and low and the arrow. That multiplier can be fractional so you can control the position of the arrows precisely and of course it allows you to have as much different time frames on the same chart as you wish (here is an example of a 5 minute fractals with 0.33 gap and 15 minute fractals with 1.00 gap and different arrows)

regards

Mladen

Thank you Mladen, this looks really great

Have a great day!!

Regards,

Halvard

halvardu
halvardu  

Balance point..

Hi Mladen, could you please make a balance point indicator like this one? I'm sending code and pictures.

Best regards

Halvardcode.txt

halvardu
halvardu  
halvardu:
Hi Mladen, could you please make a balance point indicator like this one? I'm sending code and pictures.

Best regards

Halvardcode.txt

Hi again Mladen, if you dont have time to do this? I understand.. But is it possible that you maybe can make a

manual balance indicator? I should have the 0.0 / 50.0 / 100.0 level, I know I can use the Fib indicator but its not

wery good to use with only this levels .

Hope you have time to help me?

Regards,

Halvard

adeo
adeo  

Andrei Moraru's work in ATC 2011

Somewhat surprised to see no discussion on this...

Andrei has made his work available (would this be considered commercial if Forex-TSD is a sponsor?? Andrei Moraru - Automated Trading Championship 2011 MQL5 Profile If so and a moderator is compelled to delete the link, the files are attached here)

So, what's the request and idea?

Request1: Can someone familiar with mq5 comment on the include files? Do all these dependencies come with mq5?

Request2: Is there anything to be gained by converting this to mq4 for broader testing, analysis and improvement by the community here (I, for one, do not have access to mq5 broker)?

Request3: If the above is true (in mq4 or mq5) should it be in a separate thread?

Idea1: The simplicity is very appealing; perhaps some of the late, great tools currently in play here could be adapted to this 'base' EA in order to make better initial entries and add intelligence to exits?

Author comments (credit Google Translate):

I do not know, I have a tester gives approximately the same results. Can be the difference in the quotes from the fact that the tester is not ticks.

ATRper - time for ATR.

iLots - the number of lots in a position (where you can uncomment the normal mani within management, but in the league I have a fixed size 3).

Mute - purely for debugging purposes. If you make false, it will give different information on the fly.

Slippage - understandable.

ZScoreOptimization - enable optimization of Z-Score. In the EA optimization is realized only for a positive Z-Score, but it just turned off in the championship.

At the 257-th row of the ATR is multiplied by 3. If this three bear in the input parameter, you can optimize it. I hardly studied optimization.

There is realized by optimization of Z-Score (for positive). And remembering the file for it. Enabled separately for each currency in terms of parameter ZScoreOptimizationN.

Even two different ways to control the size of positions: a fixed percentage of capital and osnonovanny on ATR. It is necessary to uncomment the appropriate code for the 254th or 256th row.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

adeo

The mqh file is all about orders : opening. closing, ... all the stuff that was possible in metatrader 4 in a couple of lines and now with "improvement" of trading platform, you need a novel size functions written in order to execute i simplest task *why didn't the look up at tradestion, I still can not understand).

The rest of files did not check : will need some time to do that (that is the logic of trading and I would not like to judge that to fast - mqh is easy, logic of orders opening and closing never is )

regards

Mladen

caprica
caprica  

geortzel browser

Hi mladen,

I have been really enjoying using the Gortzel browser, but as I am running MT4 on a mac and I find the DLL versions don't work that well under either wine or parallels for some reason.

Is it possible to get the latest version of the browser rebuilt to not rely on the DLL?

thanks in advance, Caprica.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Caprica

Here you go

It is a standalone indicator now (no need for any external indicator) Made some minor changes too (coloring of past bars in multi color mode) and parameters are a bit different for Hodrick Prescott filter : in version 5.4 they were set to 34,69 while I used the 10,50 (simba original default values for those parameters) for default values, so if you are looking for version 5.4 values then set those parameters accordingly (and set the UseSquareAmpsto true) Then they will have exactly the same values

PS: you should check one more thing (for previous version) : maximal number of bars displayed on chart. If it is a big number set it to 5000 bars (it is quite enough for normal usage in trading - I use only 5000 bars all the time and I am not having any problems at all) The thing with Hodrick Prescott filter is that if it is called with default parameters for number of bars it will calculate all the bars all the time (it has to) and it will do that on all new ticks. So if you have a big number of bars on chart, it will be rather slow (this one will be faster but only because in this one I prevented default all bars calculation). So check the previous version with 5000 bars as a maximal number of bars in chart - I think that even that should not have problems then

regards

Mladen

caprica:
Hi mladen,

I have been really enjoying using the Gortzel browser, but as I am running MT4 on a mac and I find the DLL versions don't work that well under either wine or parallels for some reason.

Is it possible to get the latest version of the browser rebuilt to not rely on the DLL?

thanks in advance, Caprica.
Files:
caprica
caprica  

many thanks mladen, you are a legend