Requests & Ideas - page 101

halvardu:
Hi Mladen, could you please make a balance point indicator like this one? I'm sending code and pictures.

Best regards

Halvardcode.txt

Hi again Mladen, if you dont have time to do this? I understand.. But is it possible that you maybe can make a

manual balance indicator? I should have the 0.0 / 50.0 / 100.0 level, I know I can use the Fib indicator but its not

wery good to use with only this levels .

Hope you have time to help me?

Regards,

Halvard

adeo

The mqh file is all about orders : opening. closing, ... all the stuff that was possible in metatrader 4 in a couple of lines and now with "improvement" of trading platform, you need a novel size functions written in order to execute i simplest task *why didn't the look up at tradestion, I still can not understand).

The rest of files did not check : will need some time to do that (that is the logic of trading and I would not like to judge that to fast - mqh is easy, logic of orders opening and closing never is )

regards

Mladen

Andrei Moraru's work in ATC 2011

Somewhat surprised to see no discussion on this...

Andrei has made his work available (would this be considered commercial if Forex-TSD is a sponsor?? Andrei Moraru - Automated Trading Championship 2011 MQL5 Profile If so and a moderator is compelled to delete the link, the files are attached here)

So, what's the request and idea?

Request1: Can someone familiar with mq5 comment on the include files? Do all these dependencies come with mq5?

Request2: Is there anything to be gained by converting this to mq4 for broader testing, analysis and improvement by the community here (I, for one, do not have access to mq5 broker)?

Request3: If the above is true (in mq4 or mq5) should it be in a separate thread?

Idea1: The simplicity is very appealing; perhaps some of the late, great tools currently in play here could be adapted to this 'base' EA in order to make better initial entries and add intelligence to exits?

Author comments (credit Google Translate):

I do not know, I have a tester gives approximately the same results. Can be the difference in the quotes from the fact that the tester is not ticks.

ATRper - time for ATR.

iLots - the number of lots in a position (where you can uncomment the normal mani within management, but in the league I have a fixed size 3).

Mute - purely for debugging purposes. If you make false, it will give different information on the fly.

Slippage - understandable.

ZScoreOptimization - enable optimization of Z-Score. In the EA optimization is realized only for a positive Z-Score, but it just turned off in the championship.

At the 257-th row of the ATR is multiplied by 3. If this three bear in the input parameter, you can optimize it. I hardly studied optimization.

There is realized by optimization of Z-Score (for positive). And remembering the file for it. Enabled separately for each currency in terms of parameter ZScoreOptimizationN.

Even two different ways to control the size of positions: a fixed percentage of capital and osnonovanny on ATR. It is necessary to uncomment the appropriate code for the 254th or 256th row.

geortzel browser

Hi mladen,

I have been really enjoying using the Gortzel browser, but as I am running MT4 on a mac and I find the DLL versions don't work that well under either wine or parallels for some reason.

Is it possible to get the latest version of the browser rebuilt to not rely on the DLL?

thanks in advance, Caprica.

Caprica

Here you go

It is a standalone indicator now (no need for any external indicator) Made some minor changes too (coloring of past bars in multi color mode) and parameters are a bit different for Hodrick Prescott filter : in version 5.4 they were set to 34,69 while I used the 10,50 (simba original default values for those parameters) for default values, so if you are looking for version 5.4 values then set those parameters accordingly (and set the UseSquareAmpsto true) Then they will have exactly the same values

PS: you should check one more thing (for previous version) : maximal number of bars displayed on chart. If it is a big number set it to 5000 bars (it is quite enough for normal usage in trading - I use only 5000 bars all the time and I am not having any problems at all) The thing with Hodrick Prescott filter is that if it is called with default parameters for number of bars it will calculate all the bars all the time (it has to) and it will do that on all new ticks. So if you have a big number of bars on chart, it will be rather slow (this one will be faster but only because in this one I prevented default all bars calculation). So check the previous version with 5000 bars as a maximal number of bars in chart - I think that even that should not have problems then

regards

Mladen

caprica:
Hi mladen,

I have been really enjoying using the Gortzel browser, but as I am running MT4 on a mac and I find the DLL versions don't work that well under either wine or parallels for some reason.

Is it possible to get the latest version of the browser rebuilt to not rely on the DLL?

thanks in advance, Caprica.
Files:

many thanks mladen, you are a legend

Hi mladen,

Really liking what I see when using the TDI RSX, I am curious to see how signals would compare when we add using Dynamic Zones instead of the 34 period bands.

Can this be done or do you think this is a futile and useless excercise?

Perhaps even explore adaptive lookback?

Don't want to waste your time, but IMO, the TDI is one of the better indies out there.

Anyway, if you feel it's no good, that's ok.

Note: I modified the TDI RSX a bit, and added three new variables:

• StrictRules: when you have it to show lines, if set to true, this will only show the vertical lines when RXS has crossed the values for OB and OS as defined next.
  • MinTDI4Long: the OS area, setting this will automatically also draw the level there.
  • MinTDI4Short: the OB area, same as above.

Cheers, San.

mladen:
Caprica

Here you go

It is a standalone indicator now (no need for any external indicator) Made some minor changes too (coloring of past bars in multi color mode) and parameters are a bit different for Hodrick Prescott filter : in version 5.4 they were set to 34,69 while I used the 10,50 (simba original default values for those parameters) for default values, so if you are looking for version 5.4 values then set those parameters accordingly (and set the UseSquareAmpsto true) Then they will have exactly the same values

PS: you should check one more thing (for previous version) : maximal number of bars displayed on chart. If it is a big number set it to 5000 bars (it is quite enough for normal usage in trading - I use only 5000 bars all the time and I am not having any problems at all) The thing with Hodrick Prescott filter is that if it is called with default parameters for number of bars it will calculate all the bars all the time (it has to) and it will do that on all new ticks. So if you have a big number of bars on chart, it will be rather slow (this one will be faster but only because in this one I prevented default all bars calculation). So check the previous version with 5000 bars as a maximal number of bars in chart - I think that even that should not have problems then

regards

Mladen

Hi Mladen,

When i put the indie in the same place twice with 2 timeframe, only 1 indie (the 1st one placed) will show the future projection, while the other will not. How can this be rectify ?

Thanks

KL

kokleongch

Change the "ListOfCyclesID" field to be different for each new instance (that way you can have unlimited number of Goertzel browsers on the same chart) Here is an example in which the upper is using default ListOfCyclesID and the lower has "1" added to it (it is "GoertzelBrowser1" then - you can see it on the picture too, since it has to write it out in order to allow metatrader to find the target window)

So, if you do not get projection and list of cycles, then just check what is written out after the time frame in the indicator name. When you make that part unique, there you are

regards

Mladen

kokleongch:
Hi Mladen,

When i put the indie in the same place twice with 2 timeframe, only 1 indie (the 1st one placed) will show the future projection, while the other will not. How can this be rectify ?

Thanks

KL
Files:
gb_2.gif  37 kb

mladen:
kokleongch

Change the "ListOfCyclesID" field to be different for each new instance (that way you can have unlimited number of Goertzel browsers on the same chart) Here is an example in which the upper is using default ListOfCyclesID and the lower has "1" added to it (it is "GoertzelBrowser1" then - you can see it on the picture too, since it has to write it out in order to allow metatrader to find the target window)

So, if you do not get projection and list of cycles, then just check what is written out after the time frame in the indicator name. When you make that part unique, there you are

regards

Mladen

Thanks Mladen for the quick response . My bad for not being explicit enough What i mean is when i superimposed the indies in the same area of the chart like the example below. When i do that i can only see the price projection of the 1st indie and when i imposed the same indie of different timeframe onto the same area, it will not plot the projection.

Files:
test.png  53 kb
Reason: