Requests & Ideas - page 102

kokleongch

Unfortunately that can not be solved in metatrader as it is working (the metatrader) now.

When I was making the extrapolation part I have been nagging that it is impossible to do a mtf of an extrapolation and then I made a solution that uses objects for extrapolation rather than buffers (that was the only way how extrapolation ("prediction") could be made without errors that metatrader would cause.

Now, that helped me avoid the errors that metatrader would cause, but it prevents indicators from being superimposed. Metatrader can not identify properly the sub window number when they are superimposed and that way it is metatrader now that prevents you from seeing both extrapolated values (for the second instance metatrader returns -1 for the window number even though it is there where it should be, and that prevents objects drawing (not just extrapolation but the list of cycles too, since they are objects too))

So, in this case, I am sorry, but there is no acceptable solution when using objects is concerned

Mladen

mladen:
kokleongch

Unfortunately that can not be solved in metatrader as it is working (the metatrader) now.

When I was making the extrapolation part I have been nagging that it is impossible to do a mtf of an extrapolation and then I made a solution that uses objects for extrapolation rather than buffers (that was the only way how extrapolation ("prediction") could be made without errors that metatrader would cause.

Now, that helped me avoid the errors that metatrader would cause, but it prevents indicators from being superimposed. Metatrader can not identify properly the sub window number when they are superimposed and that way it is metatrader now that prevents you from seeing both extrapolated values (for the second instance metatrader returns -1 for the window number even though it is there where it should be, and that prevents objects drawing (not just extrapolation but the list of cycles too, since they are objects too))

So, in this case, I am sorry, but there is no acceptable solution when using objects is concerned

Mladen

Appreciate your respond Mladen. Now understand better.

brax64:
Hi all,

during a rainy weekend what's best then spend time coding..??? (please don't start the list of better things that can be done, I was joking ...)

I did a fine tuning of the PivotsD indicator, now version 6.3; I cleaned up a bit the code, fixed few minor bugs and, the main upgrade, is the new info panel. Is using a special font (Neuropol X) that need to be installed on your Windows/Fonts folder.

Please use it if you like it and let me know if there are other bugs that I've not discovered; accept my apologies in advance if any...

The pictures show the difference of price visualization between 4 and 5 digits.

Enjoy and Best Regards

Thank you very much for this smart piece.

I was wondering if there is anyway to change the position of the box, like corner left right etc..

mladen:
Caprica

Here you go

It is a standalone indicator now (no need for any external indicator) Made some minor changes too (coloring of past bars in multi color mode) and parameters are a bit different for Hodrick Prescott filter : in version 5.4 they were set to 34,69 while I used the 10,50 (simba original default values for those parameters) for default values, so if you are looking for version 5.4 values then set those parameters accordingly (and set the UseSquareAmpsto true) Then they will have exactly the same values

PS: you should check one more thing (for previous version) : maximal number of bars displayed on chart. If it is a big number set it to 5000 bars (it is quite enough for normal usage in trading - I use only 5000 bars all the time and I am not having any problems at all) The thing with Hodrick Prescott filter is that if it is called with default parameters for number of bars it will calculate all the bars all the time (it has to) and it will do that on all new ticks. So if you have a big number of bars on chart, it will be rather slow (this one will be faster but only because in this one I prevented default all bars calculation). So check the previous version with 5000 bars as a maximal number of bars in chart - I think that even that should not have problems then

regards

Mladen

Hello Mladen,

Thank you for the updated version. I would like to make a request, is it possible to incorporate an additional 2 buffers for coloring of peaks and troughs in Multicolor mode? I tried to do it but couldn't program it correctly in the Cleanpoint and Plotpoint functions.

What I am looking for is for the tops and bottoms to be colored differently from up or down slopes. Each top or bottom would be divided into two - a wave termination half and a wave initiation half. The wave termination half would be one color, while the wave initiation half would be a second color. Therefore each wave would have four distinct colors.

Is that possible?

Thanks mate,

Pip

Like this

PS: if you use plot point routine for nrp plotting than you need to add 2 more buffers for each new color, and that is what makes it a bit incomprehensible. Also, the logic of when to draw colors needs to be changed a bit. In this one 3rd color appears on a first bar with different slope (it is technically not a peak, because for strict peaks it would need to color one more bar before it and in 99.99% cases peak would be between those 2 bars, but it is a first bar following the peak). I think it gives the information you are looking for now

regards

Mladen

Pip:
Hello Mladen,

Thank you for the updated version. I would like to make a request, is it possible to incorporate an additional 2 buffers for coloring of peaks and troughs in Multicolor mode? I tried to do it but couldn't program it correctly in the Cleanpoint and Plotpoint functions.

What I am looking for is for the tops and bottoms to be colored differently from up or down slopes. Each top or bottom would be divided into two - a wave termination half and a wave initiation half. The wave termination half would be one color, while the wave initiation half would be a second color. Therefore each wave would have four distinct colors.

Is that possible?

Thanks mate,

Pip
Files:

mladen:
Like this

PS: if you use plot point routine for nrp plotting than you need to add 2 more buffers for each new color, and that is what makes it a bit incomprehensible. Also, the logic of when to draw colors needs to be changed a bit. In this one 3rd color appears on a first bar with different slope (it is technically not a peak, because for strict peaks it would need to color one more bar before it and in 99.99% cases peak would be between those 2 bars, but it is a first bar following the peak). I think it gives the information you are looking for now

regards

Mladen

Mladen,

Thank you for the quick response. Your depiction is close but not quite what I had in mind. I have drawn a picture to give you an idea of what i mean.

The colors provide visual indication of the different phases of the cycle momentum. Particularly useful when using MTF feature on smaller TF where the higher TF cycle is out of frame.

Alternatively, if you are able to plot the cycle in some type of color gradient, that would be even better.

The percentile used to limit the extent of color change (or number of bars before and after flat slope) on tops and bottoms can be an external variable to test for optimum figure.

Note: ignore the gaps between colors, its an artifact while creating wave with different color.

Note 2: i understand that the terminology wave termination and wave initiation do not exactly match the color scheme I am requesting since the entire wave spans top to top or bottom to bottom, but for practicality purpose I am referring to the half cycle as a wave in relation to the direction of the move.

Thanks again for your effort.

Cheers,

Pip

Files:

Here you go (there are 4 colors on those lines now)

PS: turning into gradient color would require making this an "all objects" indicator, and I really think that it would not be too much use of a "bufferless" indicator

regards

Mladen

Pip:
Mladen,

Thank you for the quick response. Your depiction is close but not quite what I had in mind. I have drawn a picture to give you an idea of what i mean.

The colors provide visual indication of the different phases of the cycle momentum. Particularly useful when using MTF feature on smaller TF where the higher TF cycle is out of frame.

Alternatively, if you are able to plot the cycle in some type of color gradient, that would be even better.

The percentile used to limit the extent of color change (or number of bars before and after flat slope) on tops and bottoms can be an external variable to test for optimum figure.

Note: ignore the gaps between colors, its an artifact while creating wave with different color.

Note 2: i understand that the terminology wave termination and wave initiation do not exactly match the color scheme I am requesting since the entire wave spans top to top or bottom to bottom, but for practicality purpose I am referring to the half cycle as a wave in relation to the direction of the move.

Thanks again for your effort.

Cheers,

Pip
Files:

mladen:
Here you go (there are 4 colors on those lines now)

PS: turning into gradient color would require making this an "all objects" indicator, and I really think that it would not be too much use of a "bufferless" indicator

regards

Mladen

Awesome!

Haven't studied at the code in details yet but if I wanted the colored area (yellow and green) to span more bars, is that possible? And if so, which variable do I need to tweak?

Is this the line of code i need to tweak?

drawDot(Time,Time,goertzel,goertzel,PeakEntryColor,PeakLinesWidth);

drawDot(Time,Time,goertzel,goertzel,PeakExitColor ,PeakLinesWidth);

Cheers,

Pip

dear old pivot...

Hi all,

if you like levels on chart you'll love this... it's a configurable pivot indicator to plot 3 different kind of Pivots calculated from 3 different time frames (H4, D1, W1), so actually 9 possible configurations... + ATR levels...

almost everything's is customizable so the list of the inputs is quite long, but if we want flexibility....

Anyway I'm not the original author, I did just grabbed several things here and there and put them together in a different way, hoping with a good result; so my deep appreciation to the authors of the different "pieces" (first, try to guess... Mladen and Tools... I consider them sort of "mentors", If I do know few things about coding is surely thanks to them... )

Please read the incipit in the code for explanation of the settings and have a look at the picture. Feel free to play with this and if you want to add something or get a better version, please share...

Hope that can be useful for somebody...

Enjoy

Attention: I did updated this indicator; please download the last version published in this post:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/advanced-elite/23282-requests-ideas-103.html#post419266

Thank you.

Files:

dear old pivot... updated!!

Hi all,

during a rainy weekend what's best then spend time coding..??? (please don't start the list of better things that can be done, I was joking ...)

I did a fine tuning of the PivotsD indicator, now version 6.3; I cleaned up a bit the code, fixed few minor bugs and, the main upgrade, is the new info panel. Is using a special font (Neuropol X) that need to be installed on your Windows/Fonts folder.

Please use it if you like it and let me know if there are other bugs that I've not discovered; accept my apologies in advance if any...

The pictures show the difference of price visualization between 4 and 5 digits.

Enjoy and Best Regards

Attention: I did updated this indicator; please download the last version published in this post:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/advanced-elite/23282-requests-ideas-103.html#post419266

Thank you.

Reason: