• Get access

Requests & Ideas - page 97

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  
adeo:
You're sure to get a better and more complete answer from someone else, but in the meantime, in an effort to save time,...

I think the problem is related to 'Objects'

If you'll comment out all Object creation and references, you should be able to call with iCustom()

I thought I saw a post by Mladen that addressed that, but I could not find it when I looked.

I posted a Goertzel5.mq4 that I was able to call from an EA.

Perhaps a useful and general solution would be to add an extern on the next version that makes it callable?

Thanks for the effort.

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  
mladen:
Guys

In the indicator itself there is already a valid call to itself. When the indicator switches to mtf mode it calls itself to calculate values. The line (in version 5.3) goes like this :

goertzel = iCustom(NULL,timeFrame,indicatorFileName,"","calculateValue",Price,BarToCalculate,StartAtCycle,UseTopCycles,UseCosineForWaves,UseAdditionForSteps,UseSquaredAmp,

MaxPer,SampleSize,SubtractNoise,Interpolate,"",WindowSizePast,WindowSizeFuture,FutureLineColor,FutureLineStyle,Period()*60,PredictionVisible,

ListOfCyclesVisible,ListOfCyclesID,ListOfCyclesCorner,ListOfCyclesTextColor,ListOfCyclesValueColor,"",UseCycleList,Cycle1,Cycle2,Cycle3,Cycle4,Cycle5,Offset,

"",DetrendSmoothData,FilterPeriod,FilterPeriod1,"",UseCycleStrength,0,y);

The above applies to version 5.3 only. If a call to other version is needed, there is a very similar line in every version that can be used as a kind of a model for a call. In the above iCustom() call timeFrame should be replaced with 0 for current time frame, indicatorFileName should be replaced with actual indicator name ("Goertzel browser 5.3" for example) and PredictionVisible and ListOfCyclesVisible should be set to or replaced by false in order to prevent any objects creation when the indicator should only calculate values

Awesome!

Thanks for breaking it down to a dummy like me.

Cheers,

Pip

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  

G Browser Trader

Hello Everyone,

Now that i figured out the indicator calling by the help of Mladen, I put together a little EA to visually test cycle stability and performance. DO NOT USE FOR REAL TRADING, only for testing. Please trade responsibly.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Pip

Files:
caprica
caprica  

Hi

I have been following the discussion here around goertzel. V. Nice work guys.

Do you think it is possible to make the goerzel look more like the ehlers sine wave looks by adding a signal line that is 1/16 of a cycle ahead of the goertzel indicator?

thanks, Caprica

-- update

ignore my request - the projected cycle out the right hand side of the chart is all you really need

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  

Hello Mladen et. al.,

Is it possible to add the future object line drawing ability to the Spectrometr_Separate_Selective Cycle indicator (i.e. future cycle projections for each cycle while maintaining the cycle selection ability and summation)? I am trying to perform a side by side analysis between it and G browser. On initial observation I noticed that the Spectrometr indicator picks cycles quite well and adapts in real time to changing cycles. It seems to have the ability to also filter out which cycles that are not applicable to the observed period and select those that are. Nevertheless, I need to study comparative performance by both further in order to draw a conclusion, hence my request for the modification.

I tried to do it myself but at this stage it eludes me.

Also, while you are at it, as well as other participants, can you take a look at the use of Sine and Cosine functions in cycle extraction and determine if they are optimally used or not based on G Browser discussions in the past (just feedback no need to recode anything). I am asking for a dummied down version of the math involved (been a while since trig class ).

Note: You will need Spectr in the indicator folder for the main indicator to work.

Update: re-attached updated indicator with boolean for cycle meter

Thanks,

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  

G Browser v5.4

Greetings fellow members,

Please find attached version 5.4 of G Browser. In this version i added the ability to color code cycle slope with two different colors in addition to the default color. This will help in determining the moment of slope change (i.e. cycle turn) more visually.

I find it useful for me, hope you find it useful for you as well.

Regards,

Update: discovered that the coloring feature disables the MTF feature in the indicator and causes the platform to crash. You can still use version 5.4 but only on current timeframe. Still working on figuring out what is causing the bug. I have an idea what the cause may be but not sure how to fix it yet.

adeo
adeo  

Dynamic Money Management

Does anyone have code to programmatically adjust lot sizing based on the number of wins and/or losses?

Reference the bottom of this page for something similar to this request...

EA Creator - create Forex Expert Advisor without programming

Thanks.

adeo
adeo  

Trade execution monitoring

Does anyone have code to measure:

• trade execution time (say, from order send to order filled)
  • trade open time
  • trade modify time
  • slip monitoring
  • requote monitoring?

Thanks.

mbroux
mbroux  

MTF cycle Kroufr

Hello

I think that there is a problem with the mtf Kroufr cycle? Is it possible to fix it? (crash of Metatrader....)

Mbroux

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Mbroux

Can you post the "Cycle_KROUFR_version_" too (it is called from the mtf one)

mbroux:
Hello

I think that there is a problem with the mtf Kroufr cycle? Is it possible to fix it? (crash of Metatrader....)

Mbroux