Requests & Ideas - page 105

mladen:
Flytox

At first I thought to answer that it can not be done (will explain a bit later why). And then I decided to give it a try to see what results can we get from what we can use for multi pass. And it is not a bad result and that is why I decided to post it here. Here is a comparison of 1,2,3,4 and 5 passes

For practical reasons limited the number of passes to 20 (it is using 100 extra calculating buffers for 25 passes calculation). Now the reason why I told that I though that it can not be done. In line 174 of the code you will see this :
buff[r][_tmp2+k*4] = 0.1*(High-Low)+0.8*buff[r-1][_tmp2+k*4];

So it is using high-low difference in each and every step over and over (since if we would use highest and lowest value of the indicator itself, it would make it already another indicator) and I thought that it will give unusable results. But when I saw the results, decided to keep it that way and to posts it. I think it has its very good sides now, but I let you decide if this is similar to what you expected it to be

regads

Mladen

Many thanks Mr Mladen,

It works well, but i don't sense the surfing price as i do with the MA one, it's an important part

of a discretionary sight. I am using now the MA wave on H1 and spot the entry on M1 with the Ehler (very accurate).

Thanks again.

Flytox

Try out this version too.

What is changed that that high-low difference is in a smoothing loop too (added option InheritedHighLow: if you set it to false, it works as before, but if you set it to true it uses previous smoothed value of high-low difference in calculation and not the high-low again as before)

Results are quite different. Here is the same example as above but with InheritedHighLowset to true. It is obvious that it is much faster with that option set to true without loosing on smoothness for higher passes (and with option it now can do "both worlds" ).

Or an example of 10 passes filter with inherited high lows on a 1 hour chart (not sure if I saw any average/filter indicator with similar results as this - being able to smooth it out so much without loosing to much on "speed")

regards

Mladen

Tracker One EA

This works pretty well,

may be a coder could write an EA based on the indications below:

On H1 EurUsd, AudUsd, GbpUSd, EurAud.

Enter the next candle after Polyfit derivative crossing.

If and only if the path is cleared by Both Trackers. (PaleViolet for Sell and DeepSkyBlue for Buy) AND if and only if the StochCycle H4 is going the right direction.

No SL, no TP but exit at the opposite crossing of the PolyDerivative (without taking in account the other indies).

This thing could catch nice moves and tighting losing trades by exiting very quickly and reentering as quickly if the trend continues.

Many Thanks.

Edit: The poly fit must be set to 25 not to it's default value as mistakenly set in the template and the chart.

Although the setup above tighten losers, it also miss some huge moves. A far better setup on hindsight is to enter at the crossing of the trackers (cross+color) with the polyfit signal (25) above/below it's filter with stoch the right way and exiting at the current color change of the two trackers. The pass of the slow tracker is 6.

Reentering on the polyfit crossing can be used for pyramiding with the same exit. On hindsight it seems pretty awesome but not easy to follow on manual due to 24/24 presence.

Hi Mr Mladen,

the mod to the ehler's tracker is very good, i would like to experiment a set up using a cycle indicator; i like the one below (found somewhere here). Do you thing it's possible to apply a nrp layer on it or a kind of arrow before it showing at the first sight if it's currently going up or down.

Many thanks

Flytox

Here you go It is a standalone indicator now (it does not need the centered triangular moving average indicator any more) which brings me to a warning : as it is an indicator based centered it can and will recalculate last max(Period1,Period2) bars. So be careful how you use it (as for one, recalculating indicators may be very good for manual trading but for EA it is a living hell - tried making an EA on recalculating indicators and it really is a living hell and will not give the expected results when automated. Recalculating indicator need our (people) mind as a decisive element)

regards

Mladen

Flytox:
Hi Mr Mladen,

the mod to the ehler's tracker is very good, i would like to experiment a set up using a cycle indicator; i like the one below (found somewhere here). Do you thing it's possible to apply a nrp layer on it or a kind of arrow before it showing at the first sight if it's currently going up or down.

Many thanks
Files:

You Rock Mr Mladen.

Thanks one thousand times.

mladen:
Flytox

Here you go

It is a standalone indicator now (it does not need the centered triangular moving average indicator any more) which brings me to a warning : as it is an indicator based centered it can and will recalculate last max(Period1,Period2) bars. So be careful how you use it (as for one, recalculating indicators may be very good for manual trading but for EA it is a living hell - tried making an EA on recalculating indicators and it really is a living hell and will not give the expected results when automated. Recalculating indicator need our (people) mind as a decisive element)

regards

Mladen

so it repaints/recalcultes, right?

camisa

Yes, centered TMA recalculates. In my experience more in times of turns (when the price is trending in some direction very little, but when there are sudden changes, then it will change those half bars back) It is very similar to SSA in that and whenever some indicator is derived from them, the new indicator is inheriting that "behavior" too

regards

Mladen

camisa:
so it repaints/recalcultes, right?

mladen:
In my experience more in times of turns (when the price is trending in some direction very little, but when there are sudden changes, then it will change those half bars back) It is very similar to SSA in that and whenever some indicator is derived from them, the new indicator is inheriting that "behavior" too

thanks, just checking beforehand so I don't waste any time with it...

Reason: