Requests & Ideas - page 107

SIMBA:
I find the DCE extremely useful for visual estimation,even more than Goertzel.

I find Goertzel,with all our efforts in developing what is probably the best and more multicolored version in the trading universe...v5.53, stills lacks something to focus it.

I agree with camisa that in our current state of affairs,cycle based indicators like Goertzel browser are not useful for trading,so,either we throw Goertzel to the trash bin or we take the necessary steps to improve it( Bartels,linking to user decided starting point,and a couple of things I privately mentioned to Mladen),and if we chose to invest our time in developing it,we may be aware that the end result may still not be enough for trading.

For the sake of disclosure,most of my actual cycle trading is done using band pass FIR filters(those I use do not repaint/recalculate) and NONE is done using Goertzel.

I am not going to disclose the specifics of proprietary trading information,but I am going to give a concentrated summary of several years trading with cycles(and price action,SR,etc)....I discovered a couple of years ago, doing EAs-for testing parameters-that EAs based on FIR bandpass filters ALWAYS-as in 101%-got better results when optimized,compared to optimized EAS that used Goertzel-yes,I had Goertzel indicators in my hands years ago,and a few hints of me here and there,plus the exceptional coding ability of Mladen and Mr Tools have helped you have them too-So,before you cry "optimized"? Think of this as motor testing,if I have 2 kinds of motors,let´s say injection and carburator,and systematically injection is giving me better testing results in term of Horsepower and comsumption,it is clear where I have to focus my new motor development for the races...this doesn´t guarantee I am going to win the races,but helps a lot

Thanks to all for these enlightenments.

I do believe that there is a rythm (though not always cyclic) in the way the maket is moving (habits of banks, corporates etc..). The difficulty is that is often "turbulent" and polluted by economics, politics,speculation matters and more and more often at the tick level. I chose indies mainly on how they move around the price, and the only signal i believe in is discretionary (some kind of intuition) and is not for entering but when to exit.

Edit; I get used to trade with bloomberg or cnbc audio on the background, i find it sometimes very useful to know what the market is waiting for, to sense the mood of it.

Please EA

Hi Mladen,

I'm willing to make some experiences with the as modified by you Elthers filter from flytox.

Will be possible to create an EA based on this indicator with a very simple rules.

On color change and on the next bar open -

1. close all oposite orders (if any)

2. Open two orders (same lots)

if you can add automatic money management it will be perfect.

the indicator have to remain MTF

thanks a lot in advance

Divergence oscillator?

I wonder if there is any sense in making a divergence version for klinger volume oscillator,everywhere I look on the chart I see it but isn't it supposed to be there since it's based off volume?,hopefully someone understands what I mean

elliott wave

Hi

Has anyone seen a MT4 version of this mt5 indicator for automatically finding wave counts?

The Implementation of Automatic Analysis of the Elliot Waves in MQL5 - MQL5 Articles

thanks, Caprica

Maxwell10:
I wonder if there is any sense in making a divergence version for klinger volume oscillator,everywhere I look on the chart I see it but isn't it supposed to be there since it's based off volume?,hopefully someone understands what I mean

Hi Maxwell,

Don't know much about it making sense but always worth trying , added the divergence, mtf, and alerts.The alerts are either on slope change or zero cross.

Hoo Ahh!

You da man MrTools!

Hi Mladen!

Can you please make a mod on this indicator?? I would like it to draw the s/r lines over the chart, so I can see all s/r in present day..

Hope you understand?

Best regards

Halvard

mladen:
Halvard

This one is "one of those indicators"

At first I was thinking "no big deal to do it". Then I realized that it repaints sometimes (not just the usual fractal repainting (since the base of this indicator are fractals) but the "forgot to update" kind of repainting). Then I realized that there are more alerts than I thought at first (8 kind of alerts in total) Then I decided to rewrite the whole thing

So, here you go I think I got everything right now.
PS: one thing is left - if you set all the time frames to same and you set all the displays to true, you are going to get multiple alerts (decided to leave it as is - it is a responsability of the user in that case)

regards

Mladen

Mtf-superTrend nrp new correct & Donchian Channel 3

Hi Mladen,

I was wondering if could be possible to convert this indicators from mq4 to mq5.

Thanks in advance.

Atr trend - mtf and alerts, metatrader 5 version ...

Vishal

Here is the Atr trend for now (I renamed it to atr trend since it is actually that : an atr trend, I think it is better to call it a name of what it actually is doing). Added alerts to it too. Kept the look exactly the same as the mt4 version

regards

Mladen

vishal gandhi:
Hi Mladen,

I was wondering if could be possible to convert this indicators from mq4 to mq5.

Thanks in advance.

And this variation (with 2 sub-variations) : it allows you to choose if you want color candles (upper picture) or color bars (lower picture - it is the default setting)

In the end, it depends on preferences if you wish to use the line version (which allows stop loss setting according to indicator value too) or you want "only" to see the trend (the bars-candles version)

Reason: