Requests & Ideas - page 195

Hi Mladen,

can you please explain the concept behind xo indicator.

and is there any way to add filter on it to reduce the false signal as shown in the picture.

thanks a lot

Files:
xo_forea.mq4  4 kb
1.png  27 kb

human18:
Hi Mladen,

can you please explain the concept behind xo indicator.

and is there any way to add filter on it to reduce the false signal as shown in the picture.

thanks a lot

Hi human18,

XO has been around for afew decades already, but known as Point & Figure Charting. Basically, it has a box size which you set as the price range. More stability can be done by setting to higher lengths (relatively speaking). If price doesnt move out of a certain range, the XO will display the same level throughout for as long as price doesnt break the box price range limit.

An alternative format of this XO is "CFB XO", adaptive according to jurik's Composite Fractal Behavior available in the Advanced Elite Section. Another version similar to XO is Renko. Hope this helps you.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Median True Range

Mladen,

Thanks alot for that MAD! It works really interesting when i put it as an icustom function in indicators which uses the SD. & since you did the median already, i thought it would be easy for me to do the same by adding on to calculate the Median True Range (mtr) within the same code, but it turns out that im pushing the frontier too far with my beginner level, sadly, so if you dont mind, could you help to make it right?

Thanks thanks! (visualizes mladen coming after me with a knife looking at the crappy code i inserted, which literally cant be called coding even).

Really really sorry Mladen for troubling you again

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

wintersky111:
Mladen,

Thanks alot for that MAD! It works really interesting when i put it as an icustom function in indicators which uses the SD. & since you did the median already, i thought it would be easy for me to do the same by adding on to calculate the Median True Range (mtr) within the same code, but it turns out that im pushing the frontier too far with my beginner level, sadly, so if you dont mind, could you help to make it right?

Thanks thanks! (visualizes mladen coming after me with a knife looking at the crappy code i inserted, which literally cant be called coding even).

Really really sorry Mladen for troubling you again

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Wintersky

Here you go

Mladen,

Words cannot express my gratitude for your help. Beers cannot transmit themselves through the internet, but a picture says a thousand words. There's nothing much that i can do for you, so i've sent you a PM to show you a preliminary look at the way i've applied it to show my appreciation, as i'm still investigating better ways to apply it more effectively.

While there's no Holy Grail and there's nothing that's really revolutionary nor sophisticated in this whole thing, but there's better stability for this stuff that you've coded as compared to the usual formula & the results are abit interesting as i must say, which in a way shows better statistical efficiency as the literature says indeed

Thanks for everything.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Nema nrp in place of price ( sma 1 )

HELLO MLADEN,

I have archieved some interesting results with some indicators by replacing PRICE (SMA 1 ) with optimized PERIODS OF EITHER THE EMA OR LWMA in the formula of such indicators.

However, my research has been limited to just using the default MAs in MT4 ( SMA,EMA,SMMA,and LWMA ) because i dont know how to input a different MA outside the default 4 MAs.

Can you kindly show me HOW to do this ?

And secondly, please assist to USE NEMA NRP MA in place of the LWMA or EMA i have earlier used to replace PRICE ( SMA 1 ) in these three indicators.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INVALUABLE SREVICES.

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN,

I have archieved some interesting results with some indicators by replacing PRICE (SMA 1 ) with optimized PERIODS OF EITHER THE EMA OR LWMA in the formula of such indicators.

However, my research has been limited to just using the default MAs in MT4 ( SMA,EMA,SMMA,and LWMA ) because i dont know how to input a different MA outside the default 4 MAs.

Can you kindly show me HOW to do this ?

And secondly, please assist to USE NEMA NRP MA in place of the LWMA or EMA i have earlier used to replace PRICE ( SMA 1 ) in these three indicators.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INVALUABLE SREVICES.

winner246

Here is a SAR that uses those 18 possible types of averages (as an example how it can be done. The averages (depending on MaMethod) are the usual ones :
0 = SMA

1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Smoothed MA

6 = Linear weighted MA

7 = Parabolic weighted MA

8 = Alexander MA

9 = Volume weighted MA

10 = Hull MA

11 = Triangular MA

12 = Sine weighted MA

13 = Linear regression

14 = IE/2

15 = NonLag MA

16 = Zero lag EMA

17 = Leader EMA

Files:

SAR of NEMA

And this would a a SAR using NEMA for calculations (nema is made as a function too in this one so it is rather easy to port it to any other indicator - all that needs to be copied are theiNema() and factorial() functions - all the rest is done by the function itself)

PS: I used rather long calculation period for nema on the example picture (nema period 50, nema depth 2)

Files:
sar_nema.gif  43 kb
sar_of_nema.mq4  10 kb

Volty channel stop nema

Volty channel stop using nema. Nema period 50 on the example picture

OSMA slope - nema

And the OSMA slope that uses nema for price filtering

PS: to conclude this "nema series" with a reminder : the greater the nema depth is the "faster" the nema is (nema does not depend only on period but a large portion of the speed is due to depth of calculation too). More information on "nema" can be found at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175733/page4

Files:
Reason: