Requests & Ideas - page 194

Hi all,

Is it possible to transform this indicator in SSA end pointed?

Have a nice week-end.

Gafet

gafet:
Hi all,

Is it possible to transform this indicator in SSA end pointed?

Have a nice week-end.

Gafet

Gafet

The end-pointed version of SSA is what you would get if you convert that indicator to end-pointed. So, simply use the already existing end-pointed SSA normalized indicator and it will be OK.

hello mladen

If you don't mind, please take a look at the post #1930, #1931

Best wishes,

davidoh:
I'm going to tell you the details on post #1926 again.

please take a look at this simple figure.

When price going down, it makes a PaleVioletRed dot on "blue 1" area and then it makes new PaleVioletRed dot on "blue 2" area - "blue 1" is a first starting price_low area when indicator shwos a PaleVioletRed dot under candle body, and "blue 2" is a ultimate price_low area when indicator shows a PaleVioletRed dot under candle body.

When price going up, it makes a DeepSkyBlue dot on "red 1" area and then it makes new DeepSkyBlue dot on "red 2" area - "red 1" is a first starting price_high area when indicator shwos a DeepSkyBlue dot on candle body, and "red 2" is a ultimate price_high area when indicator shows a DeepSkyBlue dot on candle body.

So, I want to see the historical dots, not the latest one.

Thanks in advance.

David

That would mean to make it a repainting indicator in the classical sense of the word. Is that what you are really looking for?

In some of the newer builds of metatrader 4 it seems that something have been changed and that changes disallowed expert advisors to run on tick data offline charts. This version patches what have been changed and now EAs will run on offline tick data again. That is the only change made in the indicator so if you are not using expert advisors on tick data offline charts you will not notice any difference

Files:

Dear Mladen,

I've sent you a PM. Have you checked it?

kerdoskopos2000:
Dear Mladen, I've sent you a PM. Have you checked it?

Yes and I answered it. Please check your PM box

hello mladen

First, I have to thank you for previous post.

actually, I was so confused with my trading system for some days, apologizing my horrible post.

At this time, it's about renko bar.

there are few "the mean renko bar" for only ninjatrader on website, not MT4. - Mean Renko Bars | Best Day Trading Software | Ninja Trader

2 files attached below are normal renko expert - another is .ex4 that I use and I just refer to it.

I'm begging your advice.

Median Absolute Deviation From The Median

Hi Mladen,

Hope you had a good weekend. Could you add on to what is missing in the file i tried to modify below? Trying to code a "Median Absolute Deviation from the Median (instead of calculation from the mean)", basically a moving median followed by a median absolute deviation (MAD-M). It's particularly useful for contaminated distributions & for the kind of probability distribution function we have in forex time series.

Median absolute deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could only manage to get as far as simplifying igorad's "moving median" as much as i could, then got totally lost looking at the absolute deviations inside "Deviations" which you coded & so correspondingly didnt do the additional final median part too. Been trying to do this for 10 hours straight after being hopeful that looking at the MQL tutorials for beginners should be sufficient but it turns out to the contrary= hhahaaaaaa= ............ (feels like im drifting in the middle of the desert by now).

Thanks alot Mladen. & sorry to trouble you again. Would gladly give you a million kisses, but i doubt you would want it LOL = hehehehe

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Median Absolute Deviation

wintersky111:
Hi Mladen,

Hope you had a good weekend. Could you add on to what is missing in the file i tried to modify below? Trying to code a "Median Absolute Deviation from the Median (instead of calculation from the mean)", basically a moving median followed by a median absolute deviation (MAD-M). It's particularly useful for contaminated distributions & for the kind of probability distribution function we have in forex time series.

Median absolute deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could only manage to get as far as simplifying igorad's "moving median" as much as i could, then got totally lost looking at the absolute deviations inside "Deviations" which you coded & so correspondingly didnt do the additional final median part too. Been trying to do this for 10 hours straight after being hopeful that looking at the MQL tutorials for beginners should be sufficient but it turns out to the contrary= hhahaaaaaa= ............ (feels like im drifting in the middle of the desert by now).

Thanks alot Mladen. & sorry to trouble you again. Would gladly give you a million kisses, but i doubt you would want it LOL = hehehehe

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Wintersky

You can not do that with igorads functions (they have to be written differently in order to be multi instance functions which is what you need in this case). Here is one median, and median absolute deviation that are using multi-instance capable median function for calculation.

Here is an example of that median (so that you can compare it to some other medians), a median absolute deviation and at the bottom a standard deviation and how they compare to each other :

Files:
Reason: