• Join us

Requests & Ideas - page 189

san4x
san4x  

Here's an initial version.

As you see, the chart gets crowded quickly, so I decided to just do the 'entry' signals for now. You can turn these on/off in the settings, change color, etc.

Cheers, Snow

wintersky111
wintersky111  

Market-Condition Range/Trend Detector Based On Einstein Power Law

Market Condition Range/Trend Indicator

Hi Mladen/Mrtools,

Having seen many papers evidence of markets asnon-random and with significant autocorrelation effects, i wish that we can codethis range/trend indicator. While Polychromatic momentum was good fordetecting divergences very reliably using Einstein's Square Root Rule,Einstein's power law could be used in a better format to detect range/trendconditions as i propose and believe below. If this is done, this will be the2nd publicly-available market condition indicator based on a power law (other than fractal dimension/hurst).

-------------------------

Idea:

1. Bill Dreiss's "Choppiness Index" orSD divided by ATR

2. Apply autocorrelation, ideally InverseProportionality with 4 Corrections (IPN4) which doesnt give significantlybiased estimates like the usual Autocorrelation OLS procedure. IPN4 is betteras it takes estimates in proportionality to sample sizes via 4 coefficientcorrections (instead of a discretionary manner like adding more self-determinedcoefficients to a low-pass filter for better smoothness). IPN4 is superior tothe common autocorrelation method. (if IPN4 is too difficult to code correctly,the basic autocorrelation function shall have to suffice). Formula as stated in the last few pages of the PDF file.

3. Apply Einstein's Particle Square Root Rule,akin to Polychromatic Momentum. Hence, final product has fixed levels between 0and 1 for us to use heuristically to determine range/trend conditions as usersees fit.

----------------------------------

Conclusion:

Final implementation mode is free for you to doas you deem fit as im not mathematically/scientifically/programming inclinedand can only provide a skeletal idea. If this idea has no merit/pretty crappy, feel free tosay so/ignore this. Regardless of decision to code or not, i would like to thankyou for both your presence at TSD as i've learned alot from you all.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

san4x
san4x  

I like your idea Wintersky111. Read that paper ("Climate") already some time ago, very interesting.

Thanks for posting and let's hope mladen can make some edible soup out of all this.

Cheers, Snow.

Tistou
Tistou  

Hello all,

Is it possible to have Goertzel like the screenshot?

But not with arrows...

Thanks and nice week-end to all.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
gafet:
Hello all,

Is it possible to have Goertzel like the screenshot?

But not with arrows...

Thanks and nice week-end to all.

gafet

Check these 3 posts : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002/page11 , https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002/page11 and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180002/page11

I think that it is what you are looking for (since Gortzel algorithm is a subset of Fourier transform)

Tistou
Tistou  

Mladen thank you I'll watch it.

Tistou
Tistou  

It's not this but thank you

Tistou
Tistou  

Other question Mladen,

Why I can't add moving average on polyfit bands oscillator?

When I try, I have moving average on blue line.

It's possible to code this?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
gafet:
Other question Mladen,

Why I can't add moving average on polyfit bands oscillator?

When I try, I have moving average on blue line.

It's possible to code this?

Usi this one if you want to apply moving averages to the oscillator value

human18
human18  

hi mladen,

is it possible to create histogram versions of these indicators

thanks a lot