Requests & Ideas - page 192

gafet:
Mladen thank you, but it's not quite right.

As "marney volume", I'd have an average cycle.

The average is repeated even if the course changes a little.

If this is not possible, I would use your indicator. ;-)

gafet

Did you see these 2 :

marney range indicator.mq4

marney range indicator extended.mq4

Yes I saw that but I'd have the same thing with the ATR.

In Marney volume/range we don't have MA with shift.

Like on my screenshot.

gafet:
Yes I saw that but I'd have the same thing with the ATR.

In Marney volume/range we don't have MA with shift.

Like on my screenshot.

gafet

In Marney volume/range indicators the averages are calculated the following way (let us assume that we are using hourly charts) :
- we take a range or volume for, example, 01:00and add it to sum

- then we take the range or volume for 01:00 one day ago and add it to sum

- then we take the range or volume for 01:00 two days ago and add it to sum

- and so an until we sum up all we need and divide it by the number of bars used

So, they can not be shifted since they are showing exact average for that exact time during the day. That average does not work at all as "regular" averages. Shifting those would make them show data for wrong time during the day

Ah ok Mladen, thanks for yours explanations and sorry for the inconvenience.

gafet:
Ah ok Mladen, thanks for yours explanations and sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem.

Here is a document that might help in understanding exactly how those indicators are calculated :

Files:

mladen:
No problem. Here is a document that might help in understanding exactly how those indicators are calculated :

Thanks Mladen for the documentation.

Sorry for all the requests but it's possible to add an alert when the price touch a level? (pivot, resistance, support)

Gafet

Files:

gafet:
Thanks Mladen for the documentation.

Sorry for all the requests but it's possible to add an alert when the price touch a level? (pivot, resistance, support)

Gafet

Try out this version

It shows the bars that "touched" pivot levels, it shows distance from pivot levels and shows how many bars ago was the last touch of some pivot level (if you combine it with regular pivot it should work OK (if the pivot calculating formulas are the same)

Files:

mladen:
Try out this version It shows the bars that "touched" pivot levels, it shows distance from pivot levels and shows how many bars ago was the last touch of some pivot level (if you combine it with regular pivot it should work OK (if the pivot calculating formulas are the same)

It's not the same calculating formula but thanks.

gafet:
It's not the same calculating formula but thanks.

gafet

They are the same formulas

See the examples : pivot points and pivot touches placed on the same chart. Where the candle is colored it touches (within the allowed tolerance, either high or low price - depends from which side, then the color is according to the side of the pivot line it touches) pivot points (as you can see touches are at exactly the correct places) Both indicator used in this case with default parameters

PS: to get more "touches" increase the tolerance parameter in the "touches" version

Files:
pivots.gif  45 kb
pivots_2.gif  46 kb

Noticed that pivot touches is working using points, not pips.

This version corrects that (so the tolerance is in pips now).

Also some words of explanation. Attached a picture that explains what is the meaning of 2 columns of numbers displayed by the indicator and what is the meaning of the color of the square displayed

Reason: