• Join us

Requests & Ideas - page 192

wintersky111
wintersky111  
mladen:
Wintersky

Here you go

It can work in 2 modes : if you specify SSALag > 0 then it first calculates SSA of WPR and then uses those values in extrapolation calculation. If SSA Lag is <= 9, than raw WPR values are used in calculation. That way it can be checked what is the actuall effect of aplying SSA to the WPR first

As an example : upper is with SSALag set to 25 (green value is SSA of WPR) and lower is with SSALag set to 0

Mladen,

Hehehehe. Thanks alot! That's like lightning fast speed since i posted! & wow you sure cover all the angles with the 2 modes :-). Will be sure to test in visual backtester. Not sure if there's an edge can be found, but probably going to do a simple replacing of code in it myself to test afew indicators instead of WPR.

PS: mladen, you said somewhere before in this thread that if requested-indicators are not posted, it is due to your opinion that it is not value-added/useful to use it. Long ago, i used to request for a MTF Kalman filter, which you rejected (thankfully), as after a deeper look, i found out that there was not much edge to the kalman algorithm as it was suited for trajectories in slower turns like missiles etc instead of the financial markets with bigger swings. I am glad that you're not-coding then drew my attention to a need for further investigation & non-usage.

Seeing that you are an exceptional trader with very good knowledge and experience, i believe you have very good reason/experience for not coding post #1883 here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807

Could you express your opinion here as im sure you have seen a loophole or a reason that this indicator suggestion doesnt give additional benefits ? My rationale for that indicator was for it to be a more stabilized & better form of market condition indicator, not as a holy grail naturally. It would be a waste to not tap the brains of a world-class trader like you. Once again, thanks in advance for your advice hehhee :-)

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
gafet:
Hi

@ mladen or mrtools

Is it possible to have a ATR with an average as Marney Volume Indicator?

On the screen, I put an ATR 44 with an average of 44 (shift -14).

Thanks

gafet,

I hope I understood what you mean, so here is an ATR with an addition of an average to it

Files:
atr__ma.mq4 2 kb
Tistou
Tistou  
mladen:
gafet, I hope I understood what you mean, so here is an ATR with an addition of an average to it

Mladen thank you, but it's not quite right.

As "marney volume", I'd have an average cycle.

The average is repeated even if the course changes a little.

If this is not possible, I would use your indicator. ;-)

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
gafet:
Mladen thank you, but it's not quite right.

As "marney volume", I'd have an average cycle.

The average is repeated even if the course changes a little.

If this is not possible, I would use your indicator. ;-)

gafet

Did you see these 2 :

marney range indicator.mq4

marney range indicator extended.mq4

Tistou
Tistou  

Yes I saw that but I'd have the same thing with the ATR.

In Marney volume/range we don't have MA with shift.

Like on my screenshot.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
gafet:
Yes I saw that but I'd have the same thing with the ATR.

In Marney volume/range we don't have MA with shift.

Like on my screenshot.

gafet

In Marney volume/range indicators the averages are calculated the following way (let us assume that we are using hourly charts) :
- we take a range or volume for, example, 01:00and add it to sum

- then we take the range or volume for 01:00 one day ago and add it to sum

- then we take the range or volume for 01:00 two days ago and add it to sum

- and so an until we sum up all we need and divide it by the number of bars used

So, they can not be shifted since they are showing exact average for that exact time during the day. That average does not work at all as "regular" averages. Shifting those would make them show data for wrong time during the day

Tistou
Tistou  

Ah ok Mladen, thanks for yours explanations and sorry for the inconvenience.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
gafet:
Ah ok Mladen, thanks for yours explanations and sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem.

Here is a document that might help in understanding exactly how those indicators are calculated :

Files:
Tistou
Tistou  
mladen:
No problem. Here is a document that might help in understanding exactly how those indicators are calculated :

Thanks Mladen for the documentation.

Sorry for all the requests but it's possible to add an alert when the price touch a level? (pivot, resistance, support)

Gafet

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
gafet:
Thanks Mladen for the documentation.

Sorry for all the requests but it's possible to add an alert when the price touch a level? (pivot, resistance, support)

Gafet

Try out this version

It shows the bars that "touched" pivot levels, it shows distance from pivot levels and shows how many bars ago was the last touch of some pivot level (if you combine it with regular pivot it should work OK (if the pivot calculating formulas are the same)

Files: