Adaptive lookback indicators - page 127

To add comments, please log in or register
Saranyoo
Saranyoo  
Mladen Rakic:

Sorry but I do not understand ...

You first state that the problem with ex4 file is that it can not be changed (ie: that you don't have the mq4 file that you could then change) and and that is why you need the mq4 file, then you state that you don't have "a knowledge code". I guess that the obvious answer is laying around this forum on many places and that you shall be able to solve your "issue" in no time once when you decide to use the obvious (and logical) solution ...

No, At first I try to change some number in mq4 ema_vr-squaredp_adaptive.mq4 (just number that had inside mq4 original, I'm not put or add more)  it's ok but not enough and I see ema(r square) version1.3ex4. it have filter. I think it's good but I have to try when use both of this together. but I can not change number inside. So I have ask you about it and request you assist to add filter in mq4. or add iCustom() that you talk to in version 1.3 ex4

This is my reason.

Thank you.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
tysgels:

No, At first I try to change some number in mq4 ema_vr-squaredp_adaptive.mq4 (just number that had inside mq4 original, I'm not put or add more)  it's ok but not enough and I see ema(r square) version1.3ex4. it have filter. I think it's good but I have to try when use both of this together. but I can not change number inside. So I have ask you about it and request you assist to add filter in mq4. or add iCustom() that you talk to in version 1.3 ex4

This is my reason.

Thank you.

Use version 1.3
succo
succo  
Mladen Rakic:
Yep, my error. Here you go

QWMA adaptive - floating levels 1.2.ex4

Do you have this indicator in Mq5 version?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
succo:

QWMA adaptive - floating levels 1.2.ex4

Do you have this indicator in Mq5 version?

I do (have it) :

succo
succo  
Mladen Rakic:

I do (have it) :

I want to download for using in MT5. Can you share it? Thank you.

Arjun Whabi
Arjun Whabi  

Hi All

Whats everyone's experience been with comparing the various adaptive methods available to make an indicator adaptive

Vertical Horizontal Filter

Adaptive Length Finder

X Cap I polyfit ( by PaulGriffin)

Elher's Cycle Period Finder

Are there any others ? 

Which one do you'll think is the most accurate ?

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

CodeBase

============

Pipanovic
Pipanovic  

Wow,

Evident how a bit of reading helps. I have a had this problem and looked for solution but never got one from anywhere - however I GODLY somehow notice the change when I changed from 

extern TIMEFRAME t = init_value;

to just

TIMEFRAME t = init_value;

and I have used this solution to all indicators with same problem. Now I see experts had same problem(nine years ago :) ) and came up with elegant solution. I will revisit my solution!

PS: I will never forgot the day I decided to check the author of some of the indicators I got from the Internet, now I know who I can trust!!!

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Pipanovic:

Wow,

Evident how a bit of reading helps. I have a had this problem and looked for solution but never got one from anywhere - however I GODLY somehow notice the change when I changed from 

to just

and I have used this solution to all indicators with same problem. Now I see experts had same problem(nine years ago :) ) and came up with elegant solution. I will revisit my solution!

PS: I will never forgot the day I decided to check the author of some of the indicators I got from the Internet, now I know who I can trust!!!

• that code is not used in the code posted at this thread
  • regardless of that, removing "extern" is making it fixed (user can not change it from parameter inputs) - that hardly makes it more flexible
  • TIMEFRAME is user defined (ie: not mql reserved word - you were probably using some code that become non-compatible when new mt4 builds were launched). ENUM_TIMEFRAMES is something completely different

Pipanovic
Pipanovic  
Mladen Rakic:
  • that code is not used in the code posted at this thread
  • regardless of that, removing "extern" is making it fixed (user can not change it from parameter inputs) - that hardly makes it more flexible
  • TIMEFRAME is user defined (ie: not mql reserved word - you were probably using some code that become non-compatible when new mt4 builds were launched). ENUM_TIMEFRAMES is something completely different

Hi Mladen,

Let me start by extending my gratitude for taking time of your busy schedule to respond.

The code posted above is just a pseudo code to highlight the issue I had, and how I resolved it. It solved my problem at that time as I was using the indicator in question in an EA, and did not care much about changing the time frame as I would change it via 'Strategy Tester'. 

Anyway the point I was highlighting is that my solution was not the best, thought it solved the problem. And seeing that you(with impressive experience) picked up the issue long time ago and you resolved it. I will then revisit my solution using your solution as a reference.

By the way thank you very much for the impressive work that you are doing. I found out about you inside an indicator :) :) :), about 6 months ago, by just assuming that great coders leave their names in their code - and I was right. I have learnt a lot from you since then, and you are the BEST- I don't care who is next, :) 

Keep up the good work and GOD bless.

Enjoy the World cup in your country. I hope Russia wins, just for you :)

To add comments, please log in or register