Wishes for MT5 - page 81

tol64:
So in MetaTrader 5 (the most popular trading platform) Range Bars just have to be.

But it has already been explained that there will be no user graphics for the time being.

so program them in-house.

sergeev:

But it has already been explained that there will be no user graphics for the time being.

so you have to do the programming yourself.

So I don't insist. It's just a suggestion)). The final decision, of course, rests with the platform developers. There are probably much higher priority tasks than this. You wrote that there will be no custom charts yet and that this has already been explained. So this topic has already been raised and the developers have already expressed their opinion on this? It's very interesting, but I couldn't find it by searching...

Lizar:
The issue is not just about Range Bars. The issue of building custom synthetic charts comes up quite often.
Konstantin, do you mean that instead of simply having Range Bars, it would be nice to have a mechanism for building any custom synthetic charts using MQL5? Of course, it would be just perfect. The question really comes up a lot on many forums. This shows that it is in demand.

tol64:
Konstantin, do you mean that instead of just Range Bars it would be nice to have a mechanism for building any custom synthetic charts using MQL5? That, of course, would be just perfect. The question really comes up a lot on many forums. It shows that there is a demand for it.
Yes, it would be good to have such a mechanism. To be more precise, such a mechanism is already implemented in the platform through indicator drawing styles, we just need to make them easy to use as complete charts.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования - Документация по MQL5

I have a suggestion for a tester:

A test is usually started from one point in time, but could you not build such an optimization parameter as a test from different time points, for example, to make a series of tests with start 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, ... -31 October and end 1,2, ... 30 November and December 1.

Sometimes, that would check the vitality of the system, you need to start the test at different times, because if, for example, the 1st day is a good day for the system to show profit, and starting on the 10th day it will fail. This is a good way to check the fictitious fitting and stability. Of course, this case may be inserted into Expert Advisor, but it would be very convenient as an internal function. Maybe someone will support it?

Olegts:

I have a suggestion for a tester:

A test is usually started from one point in time, can't we build in an optimization parameter like testing from different time points, for example, make a series of tests starting with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8...-31 October and ending with 1,2,...30 November and December 1.

Sometimes, that would check the vitality of the system, you need to start the test at different times, because if for example the 1st day is good, the system will show profit, and starting from the 10th day it will fail. This is a good way to check the fictitious fitting, and stability. Of course, this case may be inserted into Expert Advisor, but it would be very convenient as an internal function. Maybe someone will support it?

there is an in-house function called forward period

Here's a suggestion:

To be able to bind an array to a graphical object, to store user variables.

sergey1294:
есть штатная функция называется форвард период

Forward testing is not really appropriate here.

A good suggestion, in fact. We have been thinking about implementing something like this for a while now. We haven't gotten around to it yet, but it's in the plans

stringo:

Forward testing is not really appropriate here.

A good suggestion, in fact. We have been thinking about implementing something like this for a while now. We haven't gotten around to it yet, but it's in the plans

I've been waiting for you to voice this and knew it would happen one day, as it has been suggested several times before and in MT5 it just has to be. Thanks!!!! )))

Strategy Tester Visualisation to make a language selection. Yes, everything is clear there, but I would like to see it in Russian. I personally couldn't find where to change the language.
Reason: