MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 19

Hallo to everyone i try to talk with my broker becouse i saw they are start running test of metatrader 5 but there is no one from technikal deparment so from that what i read i think when my broker put that ssystem i will give up i will not use metatrader 5 i will loose only money i like that one now and my robot doing very well and i do not want to search new robot (becouse i have only the robot not the code and i can;t write it on new f**k it language for meta trader 5) soooo i hope some brokers will conntinue running on meta trader 4 becouse in other ways a lot of traders will give up i will be the first ......

first EA to close trades - MT5

HI.

In the page MetaTrader 5 there is an EA to close all trades, made by Yuraz.

Copypasted:

"A new version of the CLOSEPRC Expert for Metatrader 5 was posted today. This EA can automatically close all open orders when a certain deposit percentage is reached. There is also a button for manual closing of all current positions. This EA is made by Yuraz

You have to allow the EA to autotrade to work. You can input the deposit percentage in the black box with red borders ( see screenshot).

The button text and error codes of this EA are written in Russian..."(and gives the directions to replace the text for the button, the errors, etc.

I have made the translation changes. Also i debugged de OnDeinit function, the original one was showing an error when decompiled.

Remember there is no longer "happy face" when EA is turned on, just green - red tiny light. Definitively, no more smileys in MT5.

Regards,

Marcel Corzo

Files:

Oh my god...

I'm trying to add an "input int" (old "extern int" in MT4) in some MT5 indicators like fractals or Heiken ashi, but the arrows or bars get lost inmediately I compile... I don't understand why... instead, if I let it just "int" they work fine...

Really, this is metacrapper 5.

Any help is welcome.

Quoting myself this time : "... that constructing of all time frames from 1 minute data is the one I am waiting for the most" or something like that (at least I thought so)

Upper picture : EURUSD 1 minute data, lower picture : EURUSD 5 minute data. So no 1 minute data missing. Oh well ...

Files:
eurusdm1.gif  21 kb
eurusdm5.gif  19 kb

riffster,

There are some issues that are happening with this beta version that are simply not logical :
current bar must be calculated otherwise it will be a toy for kids no trading tool (current bar calculating is not and will never be a cause for repainting) but what I frequently find that indicators are not getting into OnCalculate function timely (makes me wonder - what is internally the primary task of the "tick distribution machine" when it makes gaps?)

The "all is arrays" introduced now would be OK if there was no metatrader 4 - in one of the updates of metatrader 4 (i really do not remember the exact update) working with arrays was slowed down so much that it is sometimes a pain int the a... And now we are going to have "everything is array" in metatrader 5?

all the rest of issues, but let them rest for now - in my opinion this is not a thread for beta testers of metatrader 5 but a thread for potential users of metatrader 5

After all, time will tell (as well as the time will "decide" the newest way of posting trades : once brokers start loosing money (and thus state loosing money from taxes too) with the "newly invented" way (since the way trades are averaged or whatever it is, is strange enough to be non-understandable) , what do you think they will do? They can not make money if they have no customers) All we have to do is wait and do the things the way we do now (or better if we can ) Shall test and try this new thing of course, but right now, it is far from being "usable"
riffster:
Again I 'think' that they tried to make indicators more absolute like EA's (that's the only way I can think of to describe it). Trying to remove the redraw completely. From what I can tell, all of the indicator waits for "current bar close" before they draw. That is good for a few indicators, but very bad for most indicators (i.e. no inter-interval updates in real-time unless you change time frames) Sorry scalpers....

Testing Metatrader 5 Beta

Hello forum members:

I am don't sure but I hope this is my first post, and I see here very bright minds.

Well...

My first impression about the new plattform is what there are relative improvements how new timeframes by default, the interface and icons are more beautiful, there are some new indicators and may be the program is more responsive(quick, but I am not sure about this).

The things what there are not, but will be very welcome if coming in a non beta release are: Logharitmic charts, Magnified Market Price and Candle Time, how the possibility of use any timeframe 4, 13, 14 minutes, etc...

Anybody help me and say me where I need to put exactly the files of chart in chart to work with it?

Regards to all.

I doubt many problems are just bugs, it seem mt5 is build on purpose in that way, to confuse traders and make them enter bad trades, give more ways to brokers to rip off people... after all brokers are their clients, not traders and I bet this new way of trading is on brokers request.

C'mon, after all that many years of building metatrader they don't have enough experience to make a decent indicator?

There seem to be a number of "show stoppers" for MT5 as it stands. Both the trading and the charting functions are fundamentally broken. What is the point of releasing MT5 in this condition?

It seems MT4 is here to stay for a while yet. If only there was an equivalent competing platform. I guess we will have to continue working around the limitations of MT4.

mladen:

There are some issues that are happening with this beta version that are simply not logical :current bar must be calculated otherwise it will be a toy for kids no trading tool (current bar calculating is not and will never be a cause for repainting) but what I frequently find that indicators are not getting into OnCalculate function timely (makes me wonder - what is internally the primary task of the "tick distribution machine" when it makes gaps?)

The "all is arrays" introduced now would be OK if there was no metatrader 4 - in one of the updates of metatrader 4 (i really do not remember the exact update) working with arrays was slowed down so much that it is sometimes a pain int the a... And now we are going to have "everything is array" in metatrader 5?

mladen,

Yeah, I can't quite figure it out. Most of the so-called 'upgrades' are counterintuitive based on what we already know about MT4. I finally got a couple of my custom indicators to compile in MT5, but the draw completely different?? Ugg, I hope you are right about the pressure from traders fixing MT5. If MT5 stays in it's current form, I will be forced to use another charting solution...

For me, MT4 or MT5 will remain what it have always been, a free way to get nice free charts, with more indicators tools then on my broker of choice java platform. I don't even need to give it's name here. And now you can even play game on it! I know it's only to show the capabilities but who knows what's next! Until i find an ea that really work then only i would open a live metatrader account. But from what i have seen about server side broker capabilities to tamper with ea, i don't think that will happen soon. But it's funny how everybody seem to want to ignore this fact. Bucket shops will keep doing what they have always done but now only more subtle. Traders will always be suckers to them.

Reason: