MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 21

Soon mt5 will comply with unwritten NFA rule:

"You are not allowed to close any trade in profit".

hi

Enforcer:
Soon mt5 will comply with unwritten NFA rule: "You are not allowed to close any trade in profit".

that's a sign of the end of the world

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Michal,

according to stingo (project leader and lead coder for metatrader platforms) backtester will be better than the old one (quote : "up to 20 times faster") Also, lenar did tell that this stage of beta testing is going to take at least 5-6 months.

As far as I see there are two problems that people are p...d off : the no hedge (people tend to forget that no-hedge must mean the whole account, not just one EA) and the fact that they "can not trade from the box" (recompile and run). The first (no hedge) can be argued about till the end of the world, and I am not going to) The second : metatrader as it is (version 4) really did need some (a lot) changes. I might not agree with the way it is done (tradestation code from 15 years ago still can work on the newest one too) but maybe the problems they had to solve called for so big a change (please, do not fall into an error that "the old is the best" when we were complaining to sky about the "old one" - lets see what are they going to make in the next couple of months)

As of "cosmetics" : I am testing if there are some "new" "old" limitations, and I am glad that they did not repeat them : among other things the question "does it repaint" should disappear, and that is one of the most annoying questions around in the last year or two. So at least for that (the disappearing of that question) I am really, really happy. And even I was complaining about 8 drawing buffer limitation which does not exist in this version

michal:
Well, my only dream of MT5 was better portfolio backtester and optimizer. Now it seems that there will be no backtester at all. I really don't know how all these graphics features which I did not ask for can this be better product than MT4 for my purpose. It is simply worse as the bad backtester turned to be no backtester at all. Funny way of solving problems and keep customers happy. Just wonder, is the lack of backtester a new NFA requirement?

mladen:
Michal,

according to stingo (project leader and lead coder for metatrader platforms) backtester will be better than the old one (quote : "up to 20 times faster") Also, lenar did tell that this stage of beta testing is going to take at least 5-6 months.

As far as I see there are two problems that people are p...d off : the no hedge (people tend to forget that no-hedge must mean the whole account, not just one EA) and the fact that they "can not trade from the box" (recompile and run). The first (no hedge) can be argued about till the end of the world, and I am not going to) The second : metatrader as it is (version 4) really did need some (a lot) changes. I might not agree with the way it is done (tradestation code from 15 years ago still can work on the newest one too) but maybe the problems they had to solve called for so big a change (please, do not fall into an error that "the old is the best" when we were complaining to sky about the "old one" - lets see what are they going to make in the next couple of months)

As of "cosmetics" : I am testing if there are some "new" "old" limitations, and I am glad that they did not repeat them : among other things the question "does it repaint" should disappear, and that is one of the most annoying questions around in the last year or two. So at least for that (the disappearing of that question) I am really, really happy. And even I was complaining about 8 drawing buffer limitation which does not exist in this version

Yeah, I was told that it will probably be release as a "stand alone" application like the editor. Something to do with the NFA, but not 100% sure about that...

MACD with 2 lines.

Files:
macd_dl.mq5  6 kb

mt5

hello!

we will pose problem is sacred MT5!

of style, lot size, their molten Exposure

Reprogram all the indicators, mql4/mql5

still many hours of work into perspective!

Very interesting ! Where's download this software?

Hi Xard777,

I really like your indicator, I checked this thread to see if there were more information but it appears not.

There are some things unclear, maybe I am missing something on my MT5 installation:

1. I don't see the MACD's signal line

2. I don't see the MACD's color change, it's always gray.

I have also 2 questions:

is it possible to have more explanation how to use it best?

Wuold it be more clear to have arrows on entry points?

Let me know

Thanks for the great job

G.org

Switzerland

new macd with four colours histgram.

Files:

Close of bar

Hi Mladen and others,

I see that you are testing the MT5 quite thoroughly.

One question that I have about MT5 that you could probably answer (without the need me downloading the MT5):

A very bad thing about MT4 was that is did not recognize the close of a bar or the time of your pc.

That was leading to a lot of slipage if one traded with a system that was working on close of bar. Because it needed to wait till a new tick of the next bar came in. If one was trading a trend following system then most of the time that new tick was a worse price then the price of the close of the bar.

Does MT5 recongize now the end of bar without the need of having a new tick that comes in for the next bar ?....Meaning can one give MT5 a setting (like Metastock Professional) that it needs to look to time (of your pc) to make a closing of a bar and open a new bar without the need that the bid and ask price need to change ?...

Friendly regards....iGoR

Reason: