MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 25

mcbalta:
Hello,

I want to report a behaviour of strategy tester to Metaquotes developers.

Some experts was testing very good on 4 digit MT4 broker/data and on real trades they were good. When 5 digit introduced, tester did not succeed on tests. Although real trades are going well.

Currently, since I can not rely on 5 digit tests, I'm using 4 digit brokers/data for testing.. That is more stable..

Probably its because most 5 digits brokers have also variable spreads, and the backtests are done using the "last know" spread. So forget to do any BT after normal hours or when the maket is close.

I'm starting to feel MT5 is (compared with MT4) same thing as Vista compared with XP

Don't you?

Btw.

New installation method from Metaquotes.

First an small client is downloaded and after execution, the real file is downloaded.

Mostly as Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Live products does.

Files:

An update of metatrader 4 (not metatrader 5 but metatrader 4) issued today. Are they trying to tell us something :):) ?

Linuxser:
I'm starting to feel MT5 is (compared with MT4) same thing as Vista compared with XP Don't you?

When metaquotes was in the devellopment stage of MT5 one could participate on a forum to give suggestions or send mails.

I believe I have send them between 15-20 mails (so that they would not forget) that there was 1 very IMPORTANT element that they should change in the MT5 version. That is that the platform should be cappable of recognizing your pc time. Because then the platform or chart could make a close of a bar on his own pc and don't need to wait for a new tick comming in from the server to close the bar and open a new bar.

Why is this VERY important because then one would receive a buy or sell signal and send out an order on the REAL close of a bar and not the opening of a new bar after a couple of seconds when a new tick comes in from the server.

This would reduce slipage by a lot.

But slipage is in favour of who ?....yes for the broker of course.

And who are the customers of metaquotes ?...yes the brokers of course.

So do you think that they have changed this issue now on the MT5 platform so that we would have REAL close of bars ?....no because we are not their customers.....sad but true....

Friendly regards...iGoR

I see the problem when I try to hidden the color of Tenkan-San,Kijun and Chinkou in Ichimoku indicator by select None,the color still appear.Can anyone do report for this bug?

thanks

when VB become VB.net

MS offer some primitive upgrade software that do the skeleton of the code

like changing based 1 to based 0

and some form of conversion

I just wonder --

where to find a TABLE that illustrate some CONVERSION

i.e. what MT4 look like

if we want MT5 , that line of code work (how we have to change it)

i.e. the transformation of the function -- that is ESSENTIAL to know -- during MT5 upgrade

I would like to take a look at the code too -- esp those bit that is not MT5 compatible (newbie in MT5 syntax of coding)

Fxcentral Metatrader 5 ECN

Hi all,

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download fxc5setup.exe

You can try this level 1 ECN stuff with no gimmicks and tricks like other ECN does, you can enjoy nothing but pure liquidity and fills and commission at moment reflecting is pretty not correct to international standards but soon it will be announced on their revamped site with complete details

strongly recommended keeping MQL4 in 2010 ATC

I strongly recommended ATC 2010 also allow using MQL4,

because:

1) MQL5 is use for compicated program, but not for simple program,

However, majority EA coder use simple idea to code EA,

besides compicated EA will easy to collapse, when one of the element manfunction

2) MQL5 take times to learn

please post your opinion,

thanks

kelly_kiu:
I strongly recommended ATC 2010 also allow using MQL4,

because:

1) MQL5 is use for compicated program, but not for simple program,

However, majority EA coder use simple idea to code EA,

besides compicated EA will easy to collapse, when one of the element manfunction

2) MQL5 take times to learn

please post your opinion,

True but only practice make's one prefect and i already posted a direct broker beta with MT 5 ECN, so its time to change to better and more advanced platform like MT 5 rather than keep posting complaints, you can't get rid of hunger by weeping aloud rather than taking food

thanks

Reason: