MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 22

iGoR,

Sorry, there is nothing of a sort

The closest that can be done is through one new capability they added (timer) but it can not be used from indicators, for example, and its minimal resolution is 1 second. If you disregard the limitations, it can actually be quite a useful addition and adds some new possibilities to EAs coding and with some extra work, the things you have in mind can be done

In metatrader 4 you could achieve something similar with endless loop within init section, but it was not so flexible (it had some serious problems when parameters change was required, for example, you could not re-enter the endless loop it originally was in). So, with timer you can get all the values even if there is no signal (I guess it is the closest to what you have in mind)

Some other things are on the other hand unpleasant surprises but will talk about them in some other occasion (still hoping that someone will realize that those changes are plain nonsense - if they do not change the things I have in mind, than I will talk about those issues (and those issues have nothing to do at all with hedging or orders management, but with plain and simple indicators usage)).

regards

mladen

iGoR:
Hi Mladen and others,

I see that you are testing the MT5 quite thoroughly.

One question that I have about MT5 that you could probably answer (without the need me downloading the MT5):

A very bad thing about MT4 was that is did not recognize the close of a bar or the time of your pc.

That was leading to a lot of slipage if one traded with a system that was working on close of bar. Because it needed to wait till a new tick of the next bar came in. If one was trading a trend following system then most of the time that new tick was a worse price then the price of the close of the bar.

Does MT5 recongize now the end of bar without the need of having a new tick that comes in for the next bar ?....Meaning can one give MT5 a setting (like Metastock Professional) that it needs to look to time (of your pc) to make a closing of a bar and open a new bar without the need that the bid and ask price need to change ?...

Friendly regards....iGoR

Dear Mladen, is it possible to make contact with you on private. I have no privilage for private message. Do you have some mail for communication.

Lijep pozdrav!

mladen:
iGoR,

Sorry, there is nothing of a sort

The closest that can be done is through one new capability they added (timer) but it can not be used from indicators, for example, and its minimal resolution is 1 second. If you disregard the limitations, it can actually be quite a useful addition and adds some new possibilities to EAs coding and with some extra work, the things you have in mind can be done

In metatrader 4 you could achieve something similar with endless loop within init section, but it was not so flexible (it had some serious problems when parameters change was required, for example, you could not re-enter the endless loop it originally was in). So, with timer you can get all the values even if there is no signal (I guess it is the closest to what you have in mind)

Some other things are on the other hand unpleasant surprises but will talk about them in some other occasion (still hoping that someone will realize that those changes are plain nonsense - if they do not change the things I have in mind, than I will talk about those issues (and those issues have nothing to do at all with hedging or orders management, but with plain and simple indicators usage)).

regards

mladen

With NO Hedging allowed in MT5

IT IS WORTHLESS

wishes

No Hedging in MT5 ? No prob as long as brokers will keep running MT4 outside the US.

Will it be possible to block some objects on the object list, so that they will not be accidentally removed when we clean the chart, like now happens all the time.

Also it should be nice if there was a distinction in the list between objects that are drawn by an indicator and the one that the user draws. For example a list with text (that I want to keep). A list with trend-lines (that I want to clean) and a list with lines from an indicator like the session starting time lines, that have to stay on my chart.

An other thing that should be very useful is way to turn all the charts in the same direction. For example, for some reason of number writing we got a pair like GBPUSD as opposed to USDJPY. Same with EURGBP and GBPCHF. The simple to program possibility to FLIP the chart vertically should make my tired brain very happy.

I like that there is much more time frames...I do not like at all that mt4 indicators are useless...Simple it is terible....Just for that If I have choice I will never switch to mt5.

mladen:

As far as I see there are two problems that people are p...d off : the no hedge (people tend to forget that no-hedge must mean the whole account, not just one EA) and the fact that they "can not trade from the box" (recompile and run)......

It is not only two problems...Personaly those to you mentioned doesnt bother me at all...My bigest and only problem is that I can not use mt4 indicators...

I am not programmer and I dont know if those indicators that I have someone is willing to convert into mt5 indicators...Creators of MT5 just created a lot of problems for rest of us and made business to those who are programmers...

They shoud think to resolve that problem with indicators first so we can continue with trading...It will be really shame if they dont do it...

Maybe unrelated, but I remember times when people were telling that Windows are worthless. How many of you are NOT USING Windows now?

With metatrader it is much simpler : it will be worth as much as the tools we make for it.

The "no hedging" is not an invention of metatrader as a platform (people using some other platforms do know what am I talking about) nor of metatrader as someone / something making the rules. And I must say that some of the rules NFA made are far from being worthless (thanks good for the no leverage over 100 - come on, if there has been a scam than leverages over 100 were exactly that - a straight road to hell (I even do not like the 1:100, but ... ))

To mima - also might seem unrelated but I remember one case of mine : made a nice little production optimization program in visual basic 6 and than came a new visual studio (yeah, the .net). I installed it as soon as I could get it just to find out that I can not convert my code but must write it all from the beginning. So what could I do ....

Of "business for programmers" : may I remind that a lot of those programmers are the reason that metarader has such a wast choice of free sources (one point that we also tend to forget)

oh.. that is metatrader 5 ya..

i want try it

thanks

Are you frigging kidding me? Averaging the cost of open positions? If I wanted that kind of s***, I'd play on the stock market? And the no hedging -what the ??? And please no bull about how hedging is bad for me, it is not. If my broker switches to MT5, I'll switch to Deutsche Bank. At least for now they don't force that FIFO crap down your throat. It's like they want you to lose, the way trading now works.

MT5 and the hype

There are a few things that seem better (but might or might not be true) about MT5.

The fact that it bases all time charts off the M1 is good since less data has to transfer, which can only improve the time a trade takes to get through. In other words all the combined traders eat up less bandwidth.

Is this true.... we do not know until live trade occurs in a big news event.

The fact that one can place objects by x-y positioning is nice, and buttons are very useful too. But in all honesty those are just icing on the cake.

One very useful feature I discovered was that MT5 did an update without having to download the entire program. If it does this on major upgrades I do not know, but if it is true, then MT4 has become object oriented which is way more streamlined.

The fact that was bragged about was the super speed of backtesting ea's, but when I got my MT4 beta what did I get.....?

LOL, A message saying we can't use the tester because it is not finished yet!

The documentation is far from what it should be (just like MT4 if you think about it) half explanations with no tutorials whatsoever.

I have tried to find out how to get the high and low of a bar, and I can not do even that.

So, after all the complaining, I say this. It can only be better than MT4, and as we all moaned but got used to MT4's limitations and coding by guesswork, we will do the same with MT5.

I am certain that amongst the members of TSD that there are people who are familiar with how to code, and it would be a good idea to open a section where one can place how to's and assist others in their learning curve.

Reason: