Possible to backtest Signals in MT4/MT5?

Hi all. Is it possible to backtest the rented signals in MT4/MT5? I would be nice to see how the signals would act on the broker(s) of my choice. I know the only precise way is to test it with a small live account, but a backtest would give me an indication if the signal could work or not with my broker.

Regards

sigjanu: Hi all. Is it possible to backtest the rented signals in MT4/MT5? I would be nice to see how the signals would act on the broker(s) of my choice. I know the only precise way is to test it with a small live account, but a backtest would give me an indication if the signal could work or not with my broker. Regards

They are Signals not EAs. You cannot back-test Signals, which includes manual trading, in the Strategy Tester.

All you can do is maybe download the trade history for a signal and put it up on your chart for manual inspection.

If I remember correctly, there should be a utility in the CodeBase for showing such downloaded history on the chart.

Please run a search.

Fernando Carreiro #:

They are Signals not EAs. You cannot back-test Signals, which includes manual trading, in the Strategy Tester.

All you can do is maybe download the trade history for a signal and put it up on your chart for manual inspection.

If I remember correctly, there should be a utility in the CodeBase for showing such downloaded history on the chart.

Please run a search.

Ahh yes, good point. Signals include manual trades, I forgot.

I did a search and there are a few utilities in the CodeBase that can show the trades on the price chart.

Thanks!

Reason: