Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 35

Hi Mladen

thanks for keeping us informed on the progress of the new MT4

i was just wondering if i've done something wrong in the installation

as it does n't look any different to the old MT4

was hoping for some kind of improvement (somewhere)

WR1:
Hi Mladen

thanks for keeping us informed on the progress of the new MT4

i was just wondering if i've done something wrong in the installation

as it does n't look any different to the old MT4

was hoping for some kind of improvement (somewhere)

WR1

The look is the same as the current metatrader. Biggest changes are "under the hood" sort of speaking. We will have to wait some more to see something that resembles to a final version but so far the fact that we are going to have offline charts (as before), that trading functions are same (as before), that trading it self is the same as before (not the way it is done in metatrader 5) is encouraging.

The speed of execution is satisfactory (I was afraid that it will execute the indicators at the same speed as metatrader 5 and, thanks good, that is not a case) so let see how long will it take them to make a usable non-beta.

Thanks Mladen

maybe the new version won't be quite as bad as we feared,

but would of been good or much better if they used the good from both platforms, rather than just code changes, otherwise they are just moving sideways

this reminds me of Windows Vista

i don't think the updates worked for me anyway, i'm logged into the metaquotes demo

but it does nt seem to be updating to the new build and stays stuck on 509, but has done something and the data history has changed - but what else, not sure exactly

i wonder if metaquotes realise all traders want to do is trade

have a good weekend

WR1:
Thanks Mladen

maybe the new version won't be quite as bad as we feared,

but would of been good or much better if they used the good from both platforms, rather than just code changes, otherwise they are just moving sideways

this reminds me of Windows Vista

i don't think the updates worked for me anyway, i'm logged into the metaquotes demo

but it does nt seem to be updating to the new build and stays stuck on 509, but has done something and the data history has changed - but what else, not sure exactly

i wonder if metaquotes realise all traders want to do is trade

have a good weekend

WR1

To make the whole enchilada easier : copy the srv file from this packed file to the config sub-folder of your metatrader 4 that you wish to be used as beta and open an account using a "MetaQuotes-New MT4 test" as a server. If the update service on their server is working, it should start downloading the update (you will see the download amount in the right lower corner going up to about 18M)

Thanks

might give it another go later on, but possibly they have disabled the full update?

maybe its better for those that don't really understand the internals of the changes to try the update again in 6months

and just keep our fingers crossed until then

Mladen,

That cause is that you think can this repetition of an indicator on the screen.

I had never seen before.

Beta build 536

Files:
gbpusdm15_2.png  87 kb

Antonsan:
Mladen,

That cause is that you think can this repetition of an indicator on the screen.

I had never seen before.

Beta build 536

Antonsan

Can you post the code that is causing that?

It is an Elite section indicator , you are the author .

And the only transformation I did is to control the number of bars showing changing a single line of code .

I have not tried with other indicators, but I guess we'll see the same situation , .

The vertical lines appear , until it has a number of bars to calculate .

Another indicator that does not have this same transformation can be repeated in the graph , but not observed because the overlapping lines all the time.

I think it had to be investigated , because an EA can catch erroneous values ​​of an indicator, if this circumstance occurs in the indicators.

I've also tested in MT4 509 and also sometimes appears.

How to reproduce the problem:

Change the symbol of a graph where the indicator is installed .

Better a symbol that we have no history.

Then change the timeframe. And many copies of the indicator displayed on the screen. A sometimes identical copies at a drawing mode on the screen spreads . Other times it is a correct execution of the indicator throughout history.

extern int MaxBar = 200;

//limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

int limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars, MaxBar);

Antonsan:
It is an Elite section indicator , you are the author .

And the only transformation I did is to control the number of bars showing changing a single line of code .

I have not tried with other indicators, but I guess we'll see the same situation , .

The vertical lines appear , until it has a number of bars to calculate .

Another indicator that does not have this same transformation can be repeated in the graph , but not observed because the overlapping lines all the time.

I think it had to be investigated , because an EA can catch erroneous values ​​of an indicator, if this circumstance occurs in the indicators.

I've also tested in MT4 509 and also sometimes appears.

How to reproduce the problem:

Change the symbol of a graph where the indicator is installed .

Better a symbol that we have no history.

Then change the timeframe. And many copies of the indicator displayed on the screen. A sometimes identical copies at a drawing mode on the screen spreads . Other times it is a correct execution of the indicator throughout history.

extern int MaxBar = 200;

//limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

int limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars, MaxBar);

Unfortunately, a lot of indicators still does not work OK (single file multi time framing for example is impossible to make in the beta version per moment, some indicators that do not use multi time framing at all also do not work - per moment some 50-60% of what I tested does not work OK). Per moment I am just checking what errors are happening and still am not doing any serious conversion since there is so much to correct in the beta that we shall have a lot of cases when we will not know what is going on exactly

As of that kind of display : that happens quite frequently when metatrader 5 is just started (with that repeated displays of whatever that should have a limited display) It seems that metatrader 5 has a problems with draw begin command and from your example, it seems that it is happening with the beta version of new metatrader 4 too

Started testing it and almost nothing works

Will have to wait longer

Reason: