MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 23

Bucketshops and their tricks

GreatYves:
For me, MT4 or MT5 will remain what it have always been, a free way to get nice free charts, with more indicators tools then on my broker of choice java platform. I don't even need to give it's name here. And now you can even play game on it! I know it's only to show the capabilities but who knows what's next! Until i find an ea that really work then only i would open a live metatrader account. But from what i have seen about server side broker capabilities to tamper with ea, i don't think that will happen soon. But it's funny how everybody seem to want to ignore this fact. Bucket shops will keep doing what they have always done but now only more subtle. Traders will always be suckers to them.

It is sad that bucketshops do what bucketshops do, but the tampering capabilities of metatrader isn't what allows bucketshops to do their tricks.

It isn't very dificult to do the same tricks on a java platform.....?

Like trying to find an honest car salesman...' only one driver, never had a scratch on it and the motor is brand new'

yeeeeeaaaahhhhh.......

Hi,

can the MT5 works with Mac os ?

Thanks.

talking MT5

Is there a way to convert indicators from MT4 to MT5 automatically, I guess

TIA

BlueMental:
It is sad that bucketshops do what bucketshops do, but the tampering capabilities of metatrader isn't what allows bucketshops to do their tricks.

It isn't very dificult to do the same tricks on a java platform.....?

Like trying to find an honest car salesman...' only one driver, never had a scratch on it and the motor is brand new'

yeeeeeaaaahhhhh.......

Ok you are right about the java platform, I am sorry if i sounded to negative about metatrader in my previous message, it's just that i have seen some server side feature of MT4 and it was somehow very disturbing. But i think that some broker are more righteous than others and that the major ones all have a reputation to maintain. Metatrader is a very good platform, considering it's price to the end user. I look forward for MT5 to get more converted indicators before switching to it, it's only a mater of months. As we all did from MT3 to MT4. Big hope for the Strategy Tester, i hope it will have some manual Trading Simulator capabilities. If not it's a suggestion.

What i would like to have in MT5 is a built in EA that use trendline or support or resistance line to trade

The trendlines or support,resistance lines draws manually and the EA trade the break (or the other way if one would like to trade the bounce in a channel for example)

and using stoploss, take profit or trailing stop

Then there would be some reason to start using MT5

Great opportunity for a broker

If this forum is read by any non-US brokers, it would seem a good business strategy to make a bid to buy out the MT4 program from Metaquotes and few of their programmers, and continue to offer MT4 to clients. I think a large number of traders would make the swap to a broker that allows them to continue with their existing coded EAs and with their multiple strategies on the same currency pair. Something MT5 doesn't facilitate.

Maybe some of us should consider starting an MT4 brokerage.

ray_dl:
new macd with four colours histgram.

in which folder I should put this indicator...Wherewer I did it doesnt show up when I opened MT5...

Thank you

Put it in Metatrader5->MQL5->Indicators folder (the novelty is that you can have a separate and multiple sub-folders in that folder and still have them all visible, unlike the metatrader 4 which had to have it in just one place)

Also, you have to compile the indicator by your self (it does not do it automatically as before - I don't know if it is specific for the beta version or it will be the thing we are going to have to do with the final release too) Until you do not compile it it will not show in indicators list and that is why you do not see it

mima:
in which folder I should put this indicator...Wherewer I did it doesnt show up when I opened MT5... Thank you

mladen:
Put it in Metatrader5->MQL5->Indicators folder (the novelty is that you can have a separate and multiple sub-folders in that folder and still have them all visible, unlike the metatrader 4 which had to have it in just one place) Also, you have to compile the indicator by your self (it does not do it automatically as before - I don't know if it is specific for the beta version or it will be the thing we are going to have to do with the final release too) Until you do not compile it it will not show in indicators list and that is why you do not see it

Thank you...It works.

here is the link to convert mql4, ex4 to mql5, ex5...

MetaTrader 5

All is done in MT4....

After rewriting you have to compile file and it shows you how many erros new mql5 indicator have....now you need programmer to fix these errors.

Reason: