MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 28

I am surprised more brokers aren't offering mt5. Slow roll out imho.

calderone:
I am surprised more brokers aren't offering mt5. Slow roll out imho.

Incompatibility between MT4 and MT5 is killing the last one. Personally I'll stick with MT4.

Loading indicators

Hi guys

I'm having problems here. I have downloaded 3 indicators, candle pattern and candle time, into the mql5/indicators folder. I even compiled it in Metaeditor, but still I cannot find them in the navigator side panel

Please help.

spiritbreezer

the "mgh" files are not indicators but include files. They should go to "MQL5\Include" folder, and you should have the indicators that are using (including) those files in the indicators folder

spiritbreezer:
Hi guys

I'm having problems here. I have downloaded 3 indicators, candle pattern and candle time, into the mql5/indicators folder. I even compiled it in Metaeditor, but still I cannot find them in the navigator side panel

Please help.

NonLagMA

I search NonLagMA indicator for mt5,unfortunately I have not access to advanced elite section

Please post here!

Low response for MT5

Why traders have low response regarding using MT5? What are the main reason behind it?

Differences for metatrader 4?

Hello guys,

As I'm a rookie in forex market, I couldn't note relevant differences from metatrader 4 to metatrader 5.

Do you have any article which I could read and learn better about that?

Thanks!

garb.fx:
Hello guys,

As I'm a rookie in forex market, I couldn't note relevant differences from metatrader 4 to metatrader 5.

Thanks!

Hi Garb.fx,

I moved your post over here, thinking may be some information to help you in this thread.

You mean apart from advertisement stuff that metatrader 5 is so much faster and better

As far as it is developed so far not much goes in favor of metatrader 5. Apart from being slower (despite their claims) their basic problem is that it seems that they forgot what made them popular : an easy to use coding language that made possible to have a lot of available code to everybody. And instead of making it even simpler (there are some good examples for that approach, like tradestation) they seem to think that the more complicated something is the better it is ...

Also, they forgot that metatrader is a tradingplatform not a coding language. Trying to clone c++ in a trading platform is just narowing the users base : not every trader is a coder, and if you force traders that are not coders to wait for coders than you are in a long wait for a trading platform to become popular ...

Could tell a lot more, but no purpose ... what would change?

garb.fx:
Hello guys,

Thanks!

Completely agree with mladen. Hugely insightful.

My view is purely from trading point of view - and there hides bigger issue, which is called hedging capability. On MT5, you are not able to hedge, meaning opening opposite positions. Its not the regulation or anything, simply the metatrader 5 platform itself doesnt allow traders to hedge. So no matter where you broker is located, UK, EU...you cant open opposite position on one product at the same time.

Until this is solved, i dont see MT5 coming to live account anytime soon.

My 2 cents,

j.

P.S. "Could tell a lot more, but no purpose ... what would change?" (mladen), exactly...

Reason: