E&A Standard Trading System - page 13

no signals

DREWP,

Thanks for sharing your system!

I had great results the 1st day using 15m TF. Did a bit over +300 pips.

My question is: Overnight I didn't have any signals, even though there was a nice run up overnight. So I changed timeframes and then went back to my 15m and I had the buy signals I had been waiting for. So either I have an issue on my end, or the circled signals did a bit of repainting. Not sure what's up with that. Should I have the ADXcross NON painting indicator moved onto my chart? This indicator seems to put way too many signals on the chart. And I'm assuming the MTF ADXcross is the circled signals. When I right click on my chart and click 'indicators', I only have 2 indicators. The EAS signal v0.03b and MTF alaskanPipAsassin. This sound correct?

Would it help to just place the actual ADX indicators on my chart so I can see the actual cross of the lines? Or is the NON ADX cross indicator showing me exactly what ADX lines on my chart would show.

Ok this is a mouthfull and I think I've just confused myself.

Thx,

Todd

Signal Bars_V6

Hey DREWP,

Here is the indicator in the top right corner of that screen shot you are asking about.

Files:

Sideways

Sideways pattern, look at the CCI indy and how the market is going.

Files:
danger.gif  20 kb

piptaker,

If you are working on a M15 chart all you have to have loaded is EAS Signals and the M30 MTF APA. The indicator does not repaint, however I have experienced a situation when my computer goes in to sleep or standby mode the indicators do not automatically refresh. This has something to do with the APA, which EAS Signals is reliant upon, so it affects EAS Signals in this manner as well. Just right click on your chart and hit refresh. If you wish to see the EAS system without the filtering of the EAS Signals on a M15 chart, load the ADXcrossesNon-repainting, MTF ADXcrosses set to M30, APA and MTF APA set to M30. I would not recommed this as it will give you a major headache trying to filter out good signals . Hope this helps

BlueWhale,

Look interesting. I will have to do some more research into it.

-DREWP

DREWP:
piptaker,

If you are working on a M15 chart all you have to have loaded is EAS Signals and the M30 MTF APA. The indicator does not repaint, however I have experienced a situation when my computer goes in to sleep or standby mode the indicators do not automatically refresh. This has something to do with the APA, which EAS Signals is reliant upon, so it affects EAS Signals in this manner as well. Just right click on your chart and hit refresh. If you wish to see the EAS system without the filtering of the EAS Signals on a M15 chart, load the ADXcrossesNon-repainting, MTF ADXcrosses set to M30, APA and MTF APA set to M30. I would not recommed this as it will give you a major headache trying to filter out good signals . Hope this helps

BlueWhale,

Look interesting. I will have to do some more research into it.

-DREWP

Thx DREWP,

Is there a reason why I can't use APA M15 with my 15M Chart? Otherwise do I just go into the properties of APA and change from M15 to M30?

Thx,

Todd

piptaker,

You can use the M15 APA on a M15 chart. But if you wanted to trade exactly per the system you would need a M30 APA on a M15 chart. Everyone trades differently .

-DREWP

I had a problem similar to piptakers, I went to bed, left my computer on came back and there was only a couple signals. Then I restarted MT4 and there were a lot more signals. I'll have to watch the charts tonight and see what happens. Drew, the EAS alert is just a sound correct? Could we add a window that pops up and tells us which currency pair had the signal along with the sound alert?

jturns23,

The Sound function actually doesn't work yet. I plan on having a pop up window that tells the currency and TF . But, at the moment I am having some coding problems. I have some time to program so I'll see what I can do. Let me know how the indicator behaves tonight.

-DREWP

MACDiesel:
Nice profit for me.........

I am new at this and from what I have been learning is due to you, for all the post that you and DrewP have posted. Thanks alot, You have changed my life. I traded today using your alaskin pip assasin and it is great

EAS Signals v0.04b

Here is the new version of EAS Signals. The only change is the alert function now works .

-DREWP

Files:
Reason: