E&A Standard Trading System - page 16

EAS doesn't update

hi drewp,

I encountered the same problem reported before while using v0.04:

the two blue arrows I've been waiting didn't show up until I switched to see the m5 chart and then switched back.

Thanks,

nyingtik

Files:

Hello Everyone,

I am currently using build 218 with IBFX. And I am not encountering the problem with EAS Signals that some of you are having nor can I reproduce them. If we can collectively figure out why this is happpening to some and not others, perhaps I can code a fix for these special instances . Remember: I am not a professional coder by any means .

If everyone who is having these problems could share what build of MT they are using, maybe we could start narrowing down the problem from there.

robp,

I will upload a chart when I get home, but my chart is basically the same as MACDiesels' chart. Since EAS Signals computes for the current time frame APA and the Next highest time frame APA, I only have the next highest time frame (M30) APA for my exit.

jturns23,

Well ahead of you on the time frame bit .

-DREWP

I'm using IBFX as well, and it seems at this moment the arrows are OK. It appears without having to refresh. The problem that I'm having right now it's just that it seems that this indicator is consuming quite a high memory usage, causing my platform to jerk a lot.

I'm using mt4 build 218 as well, but my demo account is with FXDD.

I'm using MT4 IBFX 218 also. Problem is happening on both my desktop (which has more then enough RAM and processing capabilities) and my laptop at work.

I'm getting delayed signals on 1min also. TF doesn't seem to be an issue. You can take and change TF, then go back to original TF and look at the AlaskinPipAsassin, it also changes drastically along with the signals which suddenly appear. Not sure if the repainting of the APA is the cause of the signals suddenly appearing where they should have to begin with. So i'm at a loss on how to proceed.

some debug code

I've added several lines to debug the issue, basically the idea is to print out when the indicators are shown for which bar:

string t1, t2;

ExtMapBuffer1 = 0.0; ExtMapBuffer2 = 0.0;

//----

if ((adxcBlueC < adxcRedC || adxcBlueN < adxcRedN) && (apaBlueN < apaRedN && apaBlueC < apaRedC)){

ExtMapBuffer1 = Low - nShift;

t1 = TimeToStr(Time,TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES); //time of bar

t2 = TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES); //time of indicator shown

Print("Blue Arrow: ", Low, " ", t1, " ", t2);

}

if ((adxcBlueC > adxcRedC || adxcBlueN > adxcRedN) && (apaBlueN > apaRedN && apaBlueC > apaRedC)){

ExtMapBuffer2 = High + nShift;

t1 = TimeToStr(Time,TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES);

t2 = TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES);

Print("Red Arrow: ", High, " ", t1, " ", t2);

}

DREWP,

maybe you can incoporate the above into a new version if it's useful (with a debug flag of course)? so everyone with this problem can test and help find the problem?

Right, EAS indicator does repaint. Arrows pop up several bars later, in hindsight.

piptaker:
I refreshed my 5min chart and suddenly 2 signals appeared.

maccavity:
Right, EAS indicator does repaint. Arrows pop up several bars later, in hindsight.

What I don't understand, is that the signals just intermittently decide when to show up NOW and when to repaint at a later time. Seems about 50% of the time they show up immediately. At least on the 1m TF.

Look at this....

OK, I stopped looking for the arrows and just started watching the indicators.

This is what I am deducing at this point in time. The MTF APA is the overall direction. I am using M5 for the TF.

Entry is when The RED RSI line on the CCI crosses a major line ALONG with the RSI crossing the 55 for long and the 45 for short.

Files:
today.htm  14 kb

BlueWhale:
OK, I stopped looking for the arrows and just started watching the indicators.

This is what I am deducing at this point in time. The MTF APA is the overall direction. I am using M5 for the TF.

Entry is when The RED RSI line on the CCI crosses a major line ALONG with the RSI crossing the 55 for long and the 45 for short.

That's the same as the "one minute system" from over on the forexfactory board. (minus the APA of course)

Reason: