E&A Standard Trading System - page 20

MA settings

What are your setting for your moving averages?

I like this indicator on a daily chart, but it seems to give me to many signals on anything less than a 4 hr chart.

robp:
Thanks. Here it is with your template. A couple of the arrows are still different than yours, but must just be broker differences. It's late here now, but I'll have a look at this over the weekend. Thanks again.

Those are the ssl's that were in the first couple posts.

alpine4133:
What are your setting for your moving averages? I like this indicator on a daily chart, but it seems to give me to many signals on anything less than a 4 hr chart.

So Drew, this method is now just the M30 APA on an M15 chart with the EAS signals? If so, you've really pared it down.

Do you always look to take the first EAS signal and do you use each succesive signal as an add-on? And what's your exit, still a cross of the APA?

Mac, what are you using for an exit?

And is anyone else noticing these are a bit resource heavy? I'm running 9 charts with just the APA and EAS. I have a few other platforms open as well, but didn't notice anything until I added this setup.

robp:
So Drew, this method is now just the M30 APA on an M15 chart with the EAS signals? If so, you've really pared it down.

Do you always look to take the first EAS signal and do you use each succesive signal as an add-on? And what's your exit, still a cross of the APA?

And is anyone else noticing these are a bit resource heavy? I'm running 9 charts with just the APA and EAS. I have a few other platforms open as well, but didn't notice anything until I added this setup.

I already commented on the high memory usage of this indicator on the last few pages back ...... it's causing my platform to jerk

EAS signal

Drew

Have you considered making the EAS signal into a MTF similar to the MTF ADX crossing?

hi robp,

For right now, I am very confident in setting my take profit at 30 to 50 pips from were I enter at......

Thanks. This looks good, but totally freezes my computer. I had the EAS time version on and wasn't getting the alerts. I'll try the other version.

robp:

hi robp,

For right now, I am very confident in setting my take profit at 30 to 50 pips from were I enter at......

robp,

I have been putting most of my focus on M15 chart with a M30 APA, but sometimes I will switch over to a M5 or H1 chart.

I try to catch the first arrow in a series and sometimes I enter on successive arrows, depending on which markets are open.

If I have time to set at my computer I will wait for an APA cross to exit, but if I don't have the time, I just set a TP to 50 or 60, if it hasn't reached that point yet.

EAS Signals does consume a moderate amount of resources, but it hasn't caused my system to freeze, jerk or crash. Then again, I am only working with 5 pairs.

jfchild,

It is MTF to some degree . But I have entertained the idea of making it MTF similar to MTF ADXcrosses. I think I need to work on getting a few of the bugs(?) out and put it on a diet .

MACDiesel,

Very nice profit.

Baby powder...really ?

-DREWP

Hi,

it seems the EAS Signals repaints. I observed a pattern when the buy/sell signals appear. As i watched my 1 min charts i noticed that normaly a signal should shown but it dosen't. Then i reopened Metatrader and surprisingly there it was.

Using vers 0.04b 1

Stefan

The attached pictures shows the issue:

before and after

Files:
before.gif  25 kb
after.gif  25 kb
Reason: