Everything about RSI - page 141

Mladen Rakic:

Multi time frame version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page612

Hi! Where do I download this indicator?
https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/151/rsi__3_mtf.gif

TraderTandera:

Hi! Where do I download this indicator?
https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/151/rsi__3_mtf.gif

Check here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page1078
Multi Timeframe Indicators
Multi Timeframe Indicators
  • www.mql5.com
Hi all, I've been wanting to have the ability to plot indicators from different timeframes on my chart, but MT doesn't have this capability built i...

Hello Dear Mladen,

Could you make this indicator that you did to  mtf indicator please?

Regards.

Files:
kubi_2.mq4  5 kb

Hi,

I have a issue with this indicator.

1- I need it to have mobile notifications

2- Show the arrows not after a closed candle but right when it detects the signal. If possible being able to switch between the two options.

3- Also if possible be able to change the levels. I guess the current one is 70-30.

If anybody can help me fix it, I'd really appreciate it.

Platform Settings - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5
Platform Settings - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform provides multiple settings to help you conveniently customize it. Click " Options" in the Tools menu or press "Ctrl+O". Charts — common settings of price charts and parameters of objects management: object selection straight after creation, immediate object configuration, and docking parameters; Trade — default parameters...
Files:

hi..

someone may help me.

i coludnt add push alert this indicators

when four bars closed the same colour.

thanks in advance.

Files:

hi sergey,

you seem to understand the function of the RSI indicator well.

I am trying out the RSI in the Mql5 Wizard. the theory is that when it is above 70 it triggers a sell and when it is below 30 it triggers a buy. I'm trying it out on the eur/usd on the m30 chart and it is basically doing exactly the opposite. i.e. above 70 it triggers a buy and below 30 it triggers a sell.

please let me know what you think could be the cause

regards

Tafadzwa Nyamwanza:

hi sergey,

you seem to understand the function of the RSI indicator well.

I am trying out the RSI in the Mql5 Wizard. the theory is that when it is above 70 it triggers a sell and when it is below 30 it triggers a buy. I'm trying it out on the eur/usd on the m30 chart and it is basically doing exactly the opposite. i.e. above 70 it triggers a buy and below 30 it triggers a sell.

please let me know what you think could be the cause

regards

The "wizard"

this amibroker code please convert  mq4 ? My english not good. thank you

_SECTION_BEGIN("Mars 2");

n = 7;

R1=WMA(RSI(n),n);

Plot(RSI(n),"MRSI(7)", colorRed, styleLine);

Plot(R1,"MR1", colorWhite, styleLine);

StRSI=100*(RSI(n)-LLV(RSI(n),n))/(HHV(RSI(n),n)-LLV(RSI(n),n));

S=WMA(strsi,5);

Plot(S,"MStRSI", colorYellow, 1);

Plot(20,"", 11, styleLine);

Plot(80,"", 11, styleLine);

_SECTION_END();

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Usefull links/threads/tools

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.01 12:37

Stoch RSI and variants (MT5 versions)

EAs

1. Expert_RSI_Stochastic_MA - expert for MetaTrader 5
  2. Polish Layer - expert for MetaTrader 5. The Expert Advisor is based on the following indicators: RSI, WPR, Stochastic, Moving Average, deMarker.
  3. Altarius RSI Stohastic - expert for MetaTrader 5. The EA uses two iStochastic (Stochastic Oscillator) indicators and one iRSI (RSI, Relative Strength Index).
  4. The Puncher - expert for MetaTrader 5. Trades using indicators: iStochastic (Stochastic Oscillator) and iRSI (Relative Strength Index, RSI).

Indicators

1. Double stochastic RSI - fl - indicator for MetaTrader 5. Double stochastic of RSI using floating levels instead of using fixed levels for overbought or oversold detection.
  2. Stochastic RSI (OMA) - indicator for MetaTrader 5. This indicator allows calculation of stochastic of RSI and stochastic of RSI of average (this version has the basic 4 types of averages). 
  3. Double Stoch RSI Floating - indicator for MetaTrader 5. Same double stochastic of RSI from here,  except that this version uses floating levels instead of fixed levels for OB/OS conditions. 
  4. Stochastic RSI - indicator for MetaTrader 5. Stochastic RSI (sometimes and by some sellers and traders) called DTOSC (dynamic trend oscillator). It is basically a stochastic of rsi.
  5. Stochastic of RSX - indicator for MetaTrader 5. Stochastic that is using rsx as an input for calculations.
  6. Double Stochastic RSI - indicator for MetaTrader 5

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Press review

Sergey Golubev, 2018.05.11 14:18

3 Trading Tips for RSI (based on the article)

What is RSI (Relative Strength Index)

RSI (Relative Strength Index) is counted among trading's most popular indicators. This is for good reason, because as a member of the oscillator family, RSI can help us determine the trend, time entries, and more. 
The Relative Strength Index (RSI) was developed by J. Welles Wilder to measure the speed and change of price movements. RSI oscillates and is bound between zero and 100. There are many different uses for RSI and by far the most popular is trading overbought and oversold crossovers.

Think beyond the crossovers

When traders first learn about RSI and other oscillators, they tend to gravitate to overbought and oversold values. While these are intuitive points to enter in the market on retracements, this can be counterproductive in strong trending environments. RSI is considered a momentum oscillator, and this means extended trends can keep RSI overbought or oversold for long periods of time.

Watch the center line

All oscillators have a center line and more often than not, they become a forgotten backdrop compared to the indicator itself. RSI is no different, with a center line found in the middle of the range at a reading of 50. 
Technical forex traders use the centerline to show shifts in the trend. If RSI is above 50, momentum is considered up and traders can look for opportunities to buy the market. A drop below 50 would indicate the development of a new bearish market trend. 

Check your parameters

RSI like many other oscillators is defaulted to a 14 period setting. This means the indicator looks back 14 bars on whatever graph you may be viewing, to create its reading. Even though 14 is the defaulted setting that may not make it the best setting for your trading. Normally short-term traders use a smaller period, such as a nine period RSI, to replicate shorter term movements in the market.. Longer-term traders may opt for a higher period, such as a 25 period RSI, for another indicator line.

Reason: