Download MetaTrader 5

RSI indicator - page 140

fxcommentary
fxcommentary  

Hello, anybody tried to replace RSI with RSX in ConnorsRSI formula ?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
fxcommentary:

Hello, anybody tried to replace RSI with RSX in ConnorsRSI formula ?

Not too much purpose of doing that. See the comparison

Some other changes produce much better results (not just changing the rsi type used)

fxcommentary
fxcommentary  
Mladen Rakic:

Not too much purpose of doing that. See the comparison

Some other changes produce much better results (not just changing the rsi type used)

Mladen - thank you for response, i hoped you will answer. Once you said that RSX is "beautifull" mathematically.

fxcommentary
fxcommentary  

The second picture indeed looks a little bit not real - too good. Is it published here I did not see it here or is it only elite section stuff ?

Looks like " inverse fisher " applied :)

By the way since i have a rare chance - thank you for helping us with your time.
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
fxcommentary:

The second picture indeed looks a little bit not real - too good. Is it published here I did not see it here or is it only elite section stuff ?

Looks like " inverse fisher " applied :)

By the way since i have a rare chance - thank you for helping us with your time.

fxcommentary

Nagh. Not inverse fisher. It is Connors RSI but pre-filtering applied to it. Since the ROC is one of the parts of the Connors RSI, seems that pre-filtering makes it less erratic (mostly the ROC part) and a bit more usable.

fxcommentary
fxcommentary  
Mladen Rakic:

fxcommentary

Nagh. Not inverse fisher. It is Connors RSI but pre-filtering applied to it. Since the ROC is one of the parts of the Connors RSI, seems that pre-filtering makes it less erratic (mostly the ROC part) and a bit more usable.

Mladen - this version also looks like a better kind of oscilator because 50% is respected by the price the same way OB and OS levels (eg 10%, 90%). Notice how penetration of 50% level (spikes) cover the exact places when there is a pullback from impulse move (1 leg). 

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
fxcommentary:

Mladen - this version also looks like a better kind of oscilator because 50% is respected by the price the same way OB and OS levels (eg 10%, 90%). Notice how penetration of 50% level (spikes) cover the exact places when there is a pullback from impulse move (1 leg). 

Yes it does that :)
fxcommentary
fxcommentary  
Mladen Rakic:
Yes it does that :)

Mladen - :)) just look at that.

I will get back in the evening to see if sb comments.

BTW the nature of RSI is that in up-trend it tends to be "lifted" (and viceversa), like in the band of 40%-90% instead of 30%-70%. This fact may be responsible for this "pullback" behaviour in your configuration. I look at it as if 10% and 90% bands where A MAGNETS here. 

fxcommentary
fxcommentary  

Mladen is this available for sale ?

tshikhudoc
tshikhudoc  

Hi Anyone that has a RSI indicator alert with Over sold level and Over Bought level that gives alerts when it touches level not on close multi alerts doesn't matter