Blessing 2 - page 91

lron:
All,

Blessing works on an ECN. It's up to you to understand how your ECN provider works. Most ECNs will only allow you to start at .1 lots and then go up from there (.1, .11, .12, etc..). But you do the math.

That means, to safely trade Blessing on an ECN, you would need $25,000/pair to trade. That's the facts of life.

v/r

IOW, ECNs are a dollar a pip.

Rob

do all ECNs have variable spread ?

my experience of Blessing

hello iron,FifthElement

thanks for your new version and your work on this thread.......

now , i will tell you my experience of this blessing system and what i have done (all LIVE trading...)

my trading version is Blessing 2 V4.6

trading currencies: EURUSD/H4, AUDCAD/H4, USDCAD/Daily,USDJPY/Daily,USDCHF/H4

portion of 8

no MM - trading with microlot IBFX (0,01)

account amount : now 2176.-

running since 10.FEB 2009

i have changes the EA to add a extern profit target variable it`s on 0,30 USD

so the EA close all positions and pendingorders of the currency whicht target is reached .......

now i have`nt this problem of "hit an EP stop " this week....because the open orders be closed earlier.....

i do`nt know if this is a better way but looks good ....

what i also have done ....i have disabled the blessing-currency manually which had a high distance to MA100 (after last closed of 0,30 gain).....because after 200/300 pips distance a retrace is very certainly and Blessing blow out ....- perhaps it`s a option to add with next versions of Blessing.......

ok, sorry for my bad english ......

best regards and luck for this very good system

forex2006

PS: IRON, i will add other currencies, can you help me with best experience currencies?? THANKS

lron:
All,

Blessing works on an ECN. It's up to you to understand how your ECN provider works. Most ECNs will only allow you to start at .1 lots and then go up from there (.1, .11, .12, etc..). But you do the math.

That means, to safely trade Blessing on an ECN, you would need $25,000/pair to trade. That's the facts of life.

v/r

I tried it on ActivTrades (not the standard acc but the scalping acc which is set up like an ECN) and it never opened more than the initial 0.1 lot order. Guess it muss have to do with either the internal factor 1.4 calculation or the fact how SL/ TP values are delivered. EXCALIBUR for example works there and puts its pending orders, so why not BLESSING?

Backtest performance with 4 pairs in parallel

To all!

As we know it is preferable to trade Blessing or also other systems parallel with different pairs in order to spread the risk. It is assumed that in the case of an EP (stop of one pair) another pair will compensate the loss.

Unfortunately it is not possible to simulate that with MetaTrader in a backtest. It has to be done kind of manually.

In the attached report I did that with 4 pairs for a time period of 15 month with different historical data (same period but different data vendors).

The result is an eye opener and depicts clearly the possible impact of different brokers and also that it is important to choose the approbriate pairs.

Have fun reading it.

Many pips,

Antomi

Blessing update

lron:
All,

I hit an EP stop live on the USDCAD this week. However, Blessing did not close out the trades nicely. In fact, it left some dangling. Turns out there was a flaw in the EP closing logic that did not allow for a fast moving market, nor did it delete pending trades.

It was that second issue that bit me. I had my Blessing portion on the USDCAD at 5 which gave me a portion balance of $380 on my live IBFX, penny a pip micro account. When EP hit, it should have only lost $190. When I added up the losses, it was $270! Because the EP logic did not close the pending order, the market ran, caught the pending order, and continued to lose and by the time I saw it, it lost $80 more.

Damn! First of all, it's my bad for using an old set file with the USDCAD. Blessing is so easy to backtest for better set files that I should have taken the time to do so. Second, this EP logic issue was just pointed out to me by another forum member at the same time this event happened. It cost me a some money to find and fix this error but it's been fixed.

Blessing 2 v5.1 is attached to this post for now until FifthElement can post it to post one. In the mean time, download it NOW. The EP logic is more robust and will delete pending orders should it hit an EP stop. Now, we don't ever want to hit EP stops but EP is designed to protect our account to trade another day. I've made $50 back on my other Blessing pairs already since this incident so no big deal!

Happy Trading

v/r

Hi Iron,

thank you for the update.

I still run the version 5.0 and have some open positions. Do I have to wait until all positions are closed or is it possible just to overwrite the running EA?

Will the new version take care for the open positions automatically?

What would be the best procedure to update?

Thanks for the help.

Best

Antomi

Answers and Observations

All,

First, Antomi, thanks for your work on th 4 pairs tested. Yes, it can be an eye opener. Each update of Blessing allows you to simply switch into the new version with no problems. Blessing will catch the open trades and run from it's last postion. This new EP close logic is far and away better than anything to date and might even impact your test data...you might want to run it again.

Second, after running Blessing for 9 months and getting my first EP hit, I've noticed something relatively interesting about how the market is changing. With the addition of Autocal to calculate the grid, Blessing has the ability to "adapt" to the market. The USDCAD set file I was using was "old" and worked fine last year. It did not use the autocal feature and as such, became very suceptable to the current volitility of the CAD right now causing my EP hit.

After running hundreds of backtests using the updated autocal and GAF features, I am finding that by turning autocal on, Blessing has a way of using short term historical price data to determine what the best grid truly is. In fact, I have developed two set files for the USDJPY and EURUSD that are completely different that the ones I used last year but both are using autocal. Both use GAF to adjust the grid range a little better but that's what it's for.

Additionally, each broker treats it's data stream differently and historically clean data from either Alapri or Metaquotes will yield completely different set files so let me try to describe what each of you using Blessing needs to do. I've told you how to do this once before but I think it's critical that you take the time to develop your very own set files. I don't want to get into a backtesting/optimization discussion but I will tell you how to optimize Blessing for your broker and your brokers data.

1. Turn autocal to true, leave EP @ 50%, multiplier to 1.4, MM on, 2400 on time, BElevel to 12, slip to 999 and GAF to 1

2. Optimize for MA period from 2 to 30 over last 3 months in steps of 1

3. Use optimum MA period then optimize GAF from .5 to 2 in steps of .1

4. Use optimum GAF and MA period and optimize Multiplier from 1.35 to 1.5 in steps of .01

You now have your optimized set file for MA period, autocal true, GAF and multiplier. Run a last test and see what your actual DD is. More than likely, it's less than 50%. If it's 33%, set your EP to 38% then save it as a set file! You're done...now trade with it.

v/r

Sounds good, will check it out!

By the way Iron, will you be adding your new EP logic into Piplite as well?

Experiment

I'm currently running a demo to test out AutoCal on the big movers. I have a $5K demo running chfjpy, eurjpy, gbpjpy, gbpusd, portion 4, EP at 50%. So, each pair has $1250 to work with, with neg float tolerance of $625/pair.

AutoCal is definitely working, since I am seeing much

larger grid and TP numbers. All four pairs are in draw

down, some of which are at six progressions. Surprisingly,

neg float is only $43.

I am not recommending any of the above pairs - I just

wanted to see how well Blessing can cope with big movers

when using AutoCal. Pretty interesting, so far.

Rob

lron:
All,

v/r

Jeff,

thanks for everything you are doing to make blessing a robust and safe EA. USDCAD for me had gone up 10 level but I had given $500 to trade with EP of 50% so I never reached the EP. I was a little nervous there but I have confidence in the logic of the EA and is willing to give it a little more room. Again I want to thank you for making blessing what it is.

Reason: