Blessing 2 - page 98

Level-Lotsize-Multiplier

Hi Iron,

somehow I'm confused with the calculation of the lotsize.

The reason is that in real blessing causes different lotsizes than is should according to the calculation.

In the attached excel-file (zipped) I calculated the lotsize as a function of the multiplier and level.

Since the incrementel step of the lotsize is 0.01 and the calculation gives uneven numbers the result has to be rounded (round up, round, round down).

But even if I consider these different possibilities, blessing gives me different results (see the excel file).

The correct calculation should be:

lotsize for a certain level = starting Lotsize x Multiplier ^(level-1)

Probably the calculation in the scribt is different.

Can you check that please?That is important. I have to understand the calculation otherwise I can't verify the results.

Another question:

In the case that an EP happens and the total equity false below the initial account value (e.g. lower 10.000, 4 pairs each 2500), what would you suggest?

I started the system again but with a lower amount (e.g. 9600, 2400 for each pair) which is below the critical value (2500).

I guess to take these cases into consideration one should start with an amount of lets say 12000 and to portion each pair 2500 instead 3000. That gives more room for dips.

Best

Antomi

rob

I think that limit orders are just referring to the FIFO hedge new rule

regarding the leverage rule proposal here is a link of a modified note edited on nfa website once the 20 FDMs answered to NFA

I guess it's not so bad for us....

http://www.nfa.futures.org/news/PDF/CFTC/FRSec12_intNotc021909.pdf

and here is a mail i just received from fxdd ...they're not yet nfa members but are about to become one

To our valued clients.

FXDD encourages you to continue to trade as you always have. We have always had solutions to the new NFA hedging rule that will not cause you to change your trading strategies. We will keep you advised.

The FXDD team.

75 Park Place, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10007

Rob

I'm intrigued by the size of your account. I take it you don't make a living from this.

ChicagoRob:
I had eight levels going, before it finally retraced. My DD was only

-$51 on a $612 live account, with portion 1 and .01 starting lots.

Even at eight levels, I still had $250 additional room for neg float.

With this level of reserve, I know I could easily survive 10 progressions.

If an account can't take eight levels, then the balance isn't big enough.

Rob

pudseybear:
Rob I'm intrigued by the size of your account. I take it you don't make a living from this.

Well, you're right: I'm not making a living off of my

little $612 account! But, if everything is "scaled"

properly, with respect to risk/money management,

then the results will carry over to any account size.

I have a much bigger account on the back burner.

It's all set - just waiting for the check to clear at

IBFX. I will run it exactly like my smaller account,

with the exception of the bigger starting lots.

Rob

So u r planning to make for a living with bigger account?? I guess you have reached the pointed that you've been satisfied with the results. All I wanna say is good luck! I've also managed to reduce floating DDs, so I have increased my risks. Planning that I will be around 10k at the end of the year.

Togu:
So u r planning to make for a living with bigger account?? I guess you have reached the pointed that you've been satisfied with the results. All I wanna say is good luck! I've also managed to reduce floating DDs, so I have increased my risks. Planning that I will be around 10k at the end of the year.

My larger account will generate good profits, but not

enough to live on. If all goes as planned, I am prepared

to set up another, even larger, account, which could

sustain me, if I live conservatively!

I'm kind of doing this in phases or steps. First, the $500

account, then $5K, and so on. My theory is to start small

and observe how it runs live, and then scale up to something bigger. One thing I've discovered is that

Blessing does not run exactly the same as in demo,

which is very important. The only way to really assess

performance is to run live. Demo is fun, but it's just

basically a tool.

Rob

Rob

Will you be trading just eurusd on 5k account or all four? And are you using Iron's new settings?

pudseybear:
Rob Will you be trading just eurusd on 5k account or all four? And are you using Iron's new settings?

That's a good question. On my small account, I only

trade usdjpy, which I feel is the best pair for Blessing.

I haven't decided if I'm going to trade two, three, or

even four pairs, yet. I'm also not sure about the new

sets, but I will probably use them.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
One thing I've discovered is that

Blessing does not run exactly the same as in demo,

which is very important. The only way to really assess

performance is to run live. Demo is fun, but it's just

basically a tool.

Rob

What is the basic difference you have seen with the demo vs live? Is the main difference the way open trades close?

Reason: