Blessing 2 - page 96

PipGoddesss:
Hello Iron

Thank you so much for all your hard work with Blessing...so appreciated.

My question is this....how do I set Blessing to close all trades..open & pending...when the d/d gets to 3% of my balance. I've tried setting Float % to 3% & 97% but neither figure has closed the trades where I wanted them too. I find that if Blessing gets into that much d/d it's going in the wrong direction so better to close a small loss & reset it.

Thanks so much..to you or anyone else that can help me with this issue.

PG

I'm not Iron, but I can say that this not the way to trade Blessing. This

EA is always on the float and needs room to breathe. You need enough

DD room, so that baskets can close out naturally with a gain. Cutting

them short will only produce losses.

Blessing will hit 3% neg float on a regular basis. If you're not seeing your

trades close, you don't have it set up properly.

Rob

IRON

did your backtests with last set files produced higher or smaller profits results ?

Hi Iron,

Have you tried to use BB in blessing 2?

my idea is so simple:

price go beyond BB(20,2), trade opposite, if price go wrong, use blessing 2 (martingale) to continue to trade and hope to reverse or else cut loss as blessing 2 does. only trading in quiet period will be the best.

regards,

happy trading

Files:
aud-usd.jpg  22 kb

Thank you for your reply Chicago Rob. I appreciate that to close all trades at a small d/d is not how Blessing was developed to work. But it is something I am experimenting with. For example...my u/j 4 hr demo now has 8 open sells & a d/d of - $1200. If a small loss had been taken Blessing would probably have picked up a buy on the reset & made that loss & more back on the recent rally. Same with the 7 open euro sells.

As Iron has said....semi auto trading is the way to go.....find what suits your risk/reward profile & go from there.

PG

Draw Down

PipGoddesss:
Thank you for your reply Chicago Rob. I appreciate that to close all trades at a small d/d is not how Blessing was developed to work. But it is something I am experimenting with. For example...my u/j 4 hr demo now has 8 open sells & a d/d of - $1200. If a small loss had been taken Blessing would probably have picked up a buy on the reset & made that loss & more back on the recent rally. Same with the 7 open euro sells.

As Iron has said....semi auto trading is the way to go.....find what suits your risk/reward profile & go from there.

PG

You have $1200 d/d on 8 open sells what lot size did you start with. I've never had a draw down that large even when usd/cad when ten levels deep.

jolinsz:
You have $1200 d/d on 8 open sells what lot size did you start with. I've never had a draw down that large even when usd/cad when ten levels deep.

9 open sells now..the first 4 are 20 pips apart..the next 4 are 40 pips apart..the 9th is 85 pips from the 8th.

4hr u/j...All default settings with MM = True...Acct Type 10..AutoCal = True...MA = 100...I think this should be 25 ..maybe this is what is causing the d/d.

35c/49/69/97/$1.36/1.90/2.66/3.72/5.21....& 7.29 pending.

8k mini IBFX demo.

I have opened a new demo with the new sets so will see how that goes.

PG

PipGodess

I think you are using the wrong TF, usdjpy should be traded on daily, your MA is correct at 100

PipGoddesss:
9 open sells now..the first 4 are 20 pips apart..the next 4 are 40 pips apart..the 9th is 85 pips from the 8th.

4hr u/j...All default settings with MM = True...Acct Type 10..AutoCal = True...MA = 100...I think this should be 25 ..maybe this is what is causing the d/d.

35c/49/69/97/$1.36/1.90/2.66/3.72/5.21....& 7.29 pending.

8k mini IBFX demo.

I have opened a new demo with the new sets so will see how that goes.

PG

Something isn't right, here. I just closed a basket of

eight levels with usdjpy and my DD was -$51. You

may be on an IBFX mini, but there's no way you are

trading 1-cent pips.

What set gives you a grid spacing of 20/40/85? Are

you using AutoCal?

Rob

ChicagoRob:
Something isn't right, here. I just closed a basket of

eight levels with usdjpy and my DD was -$51. You

may be on an IBFX mini, but there's no way you are

trading 1-cent pips.

What set gives you a grid spacing of 20/40/85? Are

you using AutoCal?

Rob

Yes Rob. And MM=True so starting lot size is based on acct balance...so on an 8k balance....35c starting lot would be correct. I've had 5k demo's open on 21c pips.

The difference must be in the MA....or the fact that I'm trading the 4hr u/j & not the daily. I've now opened a u/j daily demo with 100 MA & a euro 4hr with the 25. We'll see how it goes.

PG

Reason: