Blessing 2 - page 93

Ep

Piplite already has this level of protection. The one issue I failed to program in was that Blessing placed limits and stops and the EP closing logic didn't terminate those orders when EP hit leaving that limit order out there to hit in a fast moving market.

Piplite didn't/doesn't have that issue. If you are a programmer, you will see that Piplite and Blessing have the same EP closing function now except that Blessing has an OrderDelete line in it!

v/r

bobsters:
Sounds good, will check it out! By the way Iron, will you be adding your new EP logic into Piplite as well?

Difference of v5.0 and v5.1

lron:
All,

First, Antomi, thanks for your work on th 4 pairs tested. Yes, it can be an eye opener. Each update of Blessing allows you to simply switch into the new version with no problems. Blessing will catch the open trades and run from it's last postion. This new EP close logic is far and away better than anything to date and might even impact your test data...you might want to run it again.

Second, after running Blessing for 9 months and getting my first EP hit, I've noticed something relatively interesting about how the market is changing. With the addition of Autocal to calculate the grid, Blessing has the ability to "adapt" to the market. The USDCAD set file I was using was "old" and worked fine last year. It did not use the autocal feature and as such, became very suceptable to the current volitility of the CAD right now causing my EP hit.

After running hundreds of backtests using the updated autocal and GAF features, I am finding that by turning autocal on, Blessing has a way of using short term historical price data to determine what the best grid truly is. In fact, I have developed two set files for the USDJPY and EURUSD that are completely different that the ones I used last year but both are using autocal. Both use GAF to adjust the grid range a little better but that's what it's for.

Additionally, each broker treats it's data stream differently and historically clean data from either Alapri or Metaquotes will yield completely different set files so let me try to describe what each of you using Blessing needs to do. I've told you how to do this once before but I think it's critical that you take the time to develop your very own set files. I don't want to get into a backtesting/optimization discussion but I will tell you how to optimize Blessing for your broker and your brokers data.

1. Turn autocal to true, leave EP @ 50%, multiplier to 1.4, MM on, 2400 on time, BElevel to 12, slip to 999 and GAF to 1

2. Optimize for MA period from 2 to 30 over last 3 months in steps of 1

3. Use optimum MA period then optimize GAF from .5 to 2 in steps of .1

4. Use optimum GAF and MA period and optimize Multiplier from 1.35 to 1.5 in steps of .01

You now have your optimized set file for MA period, autocal true, GAF and multiplier. Run a last test and see what your actual DD is. More than likely, it's less than 50%. If it's 33%, set your EP to 38% then save it as a set file! You're done...now trade with it.

v/r

Hi Iron,

As you suggested I testet both versions again and surprisingly found a big difference. The new version v5.1 had difficulties surviving the test period and crashed the account.

Test period: 12 Jan 2009 - 22 Jan 2009

Settings were exactly the same. Please check the attached results, especially the equity curve. The minimum seems to be identical.

The max was 3011 and therefore the critical minimum 1505.50.

In the mean time I checked the critical period in visual mode and saw the bug in v2-5.0. Level 10 was reached and at the critical point (1505) all positions were closed but 1 buy limit order was not deleted, causing a gain and therefore the v2-5.0 survived.

Version v2-5.1 complied exactly with the rules. Congratulations!

Now I have to create a new set-file. (lol)

By the way, Friday afternoon EURUSD stopped my whole system, luckily I had installed the new version some hours before.

I will send the latest report of my performance beginning of next week.

Have a great weekend.

Best

Antomi

PS: I started this post with a question but during writing and testing found the answer by myself.

Big Movers - continued

Here's the report on my Big Movers demo. I've got

the three volatile yen pairs, plus gbpusd on a $5K

account, portion 4, EP 50 %, IBFX mini, 1-cent pips.

TF is H4, but I may run another test on D1, later on.

Blessing pulled down $112 in one trading week,

and the current float is surprisingly low, at only

-$7.48. Worst float during the week was -$28.

All pairs are running AutoCal, with a 1.4 multiplier

and 100MA. Screen shot attached, which shows

current float.

Files:
big_movers.jpg  575 kb

Updated Set Files

Iron,

Please post the updated set files for USDJPY and EURUSD as you mentioned below.

Thank you.

lron:
All,

After running hundreds of backtests using the updated autocal and GAF features, I am finding that by turning autocal on, Blessing has a way of using short term historical price data to determine what the best grid truly is. In fact, I have developed two set files for the USDJPY and EURUSD that are completely different that the ones I used last year but both are using autocal. Both use GAF to adjust the grid range a little better but that's what it's for.

v/r

HI IRON

just to let you know that we still have a little bug in V5.1

When price is on the MA the ea places both long and short pendings

thanks

Opposite pending orders

alex84:
HI IRON

just to let you know that we still have a little bug in V5.1

When price is on the MA the ea places both long and short pendings

thanks

HI Alex,

It is not a bug. The price will trigger one of the pending orders (whichever comes first) and will delete the other. I am using 5.1 on demo, and live with Alpari UK , and works well.

georgedim:
HI Alex, It is not a bug. The price will trigger one of the pending orders (whichever comes first) and will delete the other. I am using 5.1 on demo, and live with Alpari UK , and works well.

i know but i meant regarding the new nfa rule i'm not sure brokers will let us play with this opposite pendings

Forward test

To all!

Hi, here is the second weekly report of my forward test. The first can be found in post 865.

This time I was not so fortune. The EURUSD caused a stop of the system.

Let's see how it will recover.

Best

Antomi

Files:
Reason: