Requests & Ideas - page 233

Good morning to all:

This time I would not say excuse my english, too many for today hehe

The value that i'd like to use is the inner with one pip distance above and below

Forgot to say I would like to have the white column that separates today's session from yesterday's being moved by the end of the previous day because I would like to have a plain chart. Also yesterday 's high and low would be perfect if i can configure the height or at least configure 2 pip distance above and below on this levels so I would see wider lines than what we have right now.

Thank you for your time mladen

rayphua:
Hi Mladen,

Please see the attached candle indicator which you had created from my recent request. The indicator works as it should; the option to color when signal is at the outer or inner zones. Obviously to use this indicator, I am required to overlay two or more instances (always in pairs) of the indicator so as to show the differences in candle color when they are in the inner or outer zone. Now I'm noticing an issue with this indicator; I realize that the candle color on some candles does not correspond to the position of signal. However when I load the template again, the candle color that did not correspond before is colored according to the signal.

I can only assume the following could have caused this:

Assuming indicator had used a timeframe setting of 1hour, and I'm on the 15min chart. There would be 4 15min candles to make up a 1hr candle. As the price moves erratically when the indicator is near the dividing line between inner and outer zone, some of the 4 candles would have closed at the inner zone, and some at the outer zone. Assuming that the signal closes at the outer zone at the close of the 1hr, those 4 15m candles that had closed at the inner zone does not change their color in accordance to the 1hr close, when they should.

Kindly look into the coding to see if my assumptions are correct. Thanks again Mladen for your help.

qqecfbadaptivedynamiczonescandlesalertsarrowsmtf.mq4

I don't mean to rush you Mladen, just wanted to be sure you didn't miss this, thanks.

Hermo:
Good morning to all:

mladen thank you very much for indicator.

You could modify it to draw as in the image attached.

Thank you very much in advance.

A hug

Hermo.

Hermo

Here you go

Files:

rayphua:
I don't mean to rush you Mladen, just wanted to be sure you didn't miss this, thanks.

rayphua

I am afraid that I do not understand what is the exact problem, and when does it exactly happen.

If I remember correctly you had some problems with some indicators that are showing histogram values on a main chart (as that indicator is doing it) when template is loaded but then after that they worked OK in all other occasions, and as I said, it seems that metatrader has some bug when template is loaded. Other than that I do not see any kind of a problem in the indicator itself (if it does that only when a template is loaded, and works OK in all other occasions, then I am sticking to my conclusion that there is a problem with metatrader when it loads a template and that such a problem has nothing to do with the indicator)

mladen:
Hermo Here you go

Thank you very much mladen

mladen:
rayphua

I am afraid that I do not understand what is the exact problem, and when does it exactly happen.

If I remember correctly you had some problems with some indicators that are showing histogram values on a main chart (as that indicator is doing it) when template is loaded but then after that they worked OK in all other occasions, and as I said, it seems that metatrader has some bug when template is loaded. Other than that I do not see any kind of a problem in the indicator itself (if it does that only when a template is loaded, and works OK in all other occasions, then I am sticking to my conclusion that there is a problem with metatrader when it loads a template and that such a problem has nothing to do with the indicator)

Mladen, this is a different issue from the one I spoke of. If you could read the message again, I am referring to the candles indicator which you had coded and explained the problem and what I think may have caused it. Please kindly re-read, thank you.

rayphua:
Mladen, this is a different issue from the one I spoke of. If you could read the message again, I am referring to the candles indicator which you had coded and explained the problem and what I think may have caused it. Please kindly re-read, thank you.

Raymond

I did read it and the problem is following. When you have an indicator that is drawing candles on chart, you can not overlay it with another indicator that is drawing on those same candles (one will hide the other completely) regardless of the the parameters used. Also, you can not "combine" different time frames - different time frames are not resulting in same results - the set of data for different time frames is not the same and it is only natural that results for different sets of data must be different - they are not calculating the same thing at all - 4 bars of 15 minute time frame will never result in a same result as 1 one hour bar, if not for anything else, then for the mere thing that samples are different

In the code all is correct and there is nothing that can be changed to prevent what you are talking about. It is one indicator that does not "know" of another indicators state (and it can not know). All the job of drawing two indicators on the same chart and both drawing candles in the same time is done by metatrader terminal, not the indicator code (since indicator "knows" only its own data).

Thanks for the EA. It keeps smiling for me but does not place pending orders. I found an other one (attached) in this thread post #152, but that shows grey color in my oco_visual.mq4navigator column. Still asking for addition of trailing stop/profit if possible.

mladen:
kiko12 ECN broker selection added (in the parameters you have to set the ECNBroker parameter to true for ECN type of brokers) and now it recognizes 4 or 5 digit brokers automaticaly
Files:

kiko12:
Thanks for the EA. It keeps smiling for me but does not place pending orders. I found an other one (attached) in this thread post #152, but that shows grey color in my oco_visual.mq4navigator column. Still asking for addition of trailing stop/profit if possible.

kiko12

That version will not work since that is a decompiled code (that is why it shows gray color - it is the metatrader protection against decompiled code). I see that I was the one posted it there, but quite frankly have no idea where did I find it (and obviously I did not check the code ;().

eventually I found the origin (at forex factory) but even then it was a decompiled code

Hello, thanks for reply. Let's forget then the decompiled version. There is a problem with the ea you updated, it does not place orders. Still ask whether it could be fixed and trailing stop/profit added to it. Strange enough, the original version back to 2006 seems to work. both attched. Many thanks for help.straddleorderoco_1.01.mq4

mladen:
kiko12

That version will not work since that is a decompiled code (that is why it shows gray color - it is the metatrader protection against decompiled code). I see that I was the one posted it there, but quite frankly have no idea where did I find it (and obviously I did not check the code ;().

eventually I found the origin (at forex factory) but even then it was a decompiled code
Reason: