Blessing 2 - page 56

ChicagoRob:
It goes in the Preset subfolder. Bring up the advisor and hit LOAD.

You will see all the presets. Highlight and open. Hope I got that right-

I'm not at my computer right now.

Rob

Thanks

I put them the preset subfolder. After that I have not seen the *.set file on the platform. Where is it? Please help

Files:
folder.doc  1271 kb
platform.doc  248 kb

hbalint11:
Thanks I put them the preset subfolder. After that I have not seen the *.set file on the platform. Where is it? Please help

You will only see the file after you bring up the advisor properties

window and hit LOAD. Once you open the set, it automatically

makes the adjustments - you will not see them anywhere else.

PM me, if you are still confused.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
You will only see the file after you bring up the advisor properties

window and hit LOAD. Once you open the set, it automatically

makes the adjustments - you will not see them anywhere else.

PM me, if you are still confused.

Rob

Thanks a lot everything fine!

Have a nice weekend!

great idea

tgt123:
Hi, Please could anyone amened the code at attached Blessing EA with Pending Limit order at certain price only, meaning the Attached EA will not place order instantly when we place the EA into chart but it will place pending order with Manual Entry Price Level! That should be very good EA if we know where is the Major Support and Resistant, Price Reversal or retracement Area! Attached are The Blessing sell or buy only EA with Pending order EA with price entry level, we just need to combine them into one!! Thanks A lot.

hi all. ive been demo trading blessing for a few months with good results. I also think that the idea quoted here should be great. Has anyone worked on that?

Regards

To Holyguy7

What happened to the demo? I've been looking at the demo perfomance along with my live account. And it seems like you've taken some losses when DD hit around 15-20% but eventhough with the huge floating dd you shouldn't have closed the positions.

Questions

Dear ChicagoRob!

I have many questions:

I would like to open a micro account with 2000 USD. Running on USD/JPY, USD/CAD, EUR/USD. The problem for me is the setting.

If I use MM I set inital account 2000, portion 3. LAF 0,1 because of safe.

My starting lot will be 0.01=1 cent. But how can I calculate the starting lot size if I want to allow it to 12 progression (extrem market circumstances) but to stay in safe. Maybe I can start bigger starting lot but how big?

In this case portion will be circa 780 USD. If P/L is -400 USD All of my open trades will be closed on this pair?

Or is it better not to use MM? (anyway once the market comes back my favour toward.)

Let say I make 2000 USD profit, and I want to trade bigger starting lot, but in a safe way. What is the correct set at 4000USD account?

I have already read the advanced pdf, but unfortunatelly I still not clear for me .

Please help, and sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks

Balint

hbalint11:
Dear ChicagoRob!

I have many questions:

I would like to open a micro account with 2000 USD. Running on USD/JPY, USD/CAD, EUR/USD. The problem for me is the setting.

If I use MM I set inital account 2000, portion 3. LAF 0,1 because of safe.

My starting lot will be 0.01=1 cent. But how can I calculate the starting lot size if I want to allow it to 12 progression (extrem market circumstances) but to stay in safe. Maybe I can start bigger starting lot but how big?

In this case portion will be circa 780 USD. If P/L is -400 USD All of my open trades will be closed on this pair?

Or is it better not to use MM? (anyway once the market comes back my favour toward.)

Let say I make 2000 USD profit, and I want to trade bigger starting lot, but in a safe way. What is the correct set at 4000USD account?

I have already read the advanced pdf, but unfortunatelly I still not clear for me .

Please help, and sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks

Balint

You are not wasting my time, Balint. We are all here to learn. With reference

to your questions, I would simplify the process. To ensure absolute safety,

I would try to stay with $1000/pair, with 1-cent pips. That means two pairs,

only, for a $2000 micro account. Just my opinion. Also, I'm not sure about

eurusd, as it may move too much for this EA. I would start out with .01

manual lots, or .02 lots, if you can handle the extra risk. It's up to you.

For the MM aspect of this, I hope that Iron will step in, since he really

knows this well and can do a much better job of explaining than I can.

Rob

MC Setting

Hello everyone,

I have been optimizing and walk-forward testing for last few months with some good profits. I will post some of the results, and settings later.

Thanks to Fifthelement, Iron, ChicagoRob and others for you great dedication and hard work.

One thing is a mystery to me:

The setting of the MC to: 0, 1, or 2, is making no difference to the direction of the trades.

The tests are identical for either setting, even for a period of several months.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

extern string MarketConditionSet = "Set MC to 2 for Ranging Market";

extern int MC = 2; // Market condition 0=uptrend 1=downtrend 2=range

extern string MovingAverageSet = "Changes MC for correct trend (up/down)";

extern bool MCbyMA = true; // Defines market condition by EMA , if price is above EMA,

// it will take it as an uptrend and goes only long,

// vice versa for below the EMA

extern int MA_Period = 25; // Period of MA

if (MCbyMA) {

MC=-1;

if (Bid<iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)) MC=1;

if (Bid>iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)) MC=0;

Thanks

georgedim:
Hello everyone,

I have been optimizing and walk-forward testing for last few months with some good profits. I will post some of the results, and settings later.

Thanks to Fifthelement, Iron, ChicagoRob and others for you great dedication and hard work.

One thing is a mystery to me:

The setting of the MC to: 0, 1, or 2, is making no difference to the direction of the trades.

The tests are identical for either setting, even for a period of several months.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

extern string MarketConditionSet = "Set MC to 2 for Ranging Market";

extern int MC = 2; // Market condition 0=uptrend 1=downtrend 2=range

extern string MovingAverageSet = "Changes MC for correct trend (up/down)";

extern bool MCbyMA = true; // Defines market condition by EMA , if price is above EMA,

// it will take it as an uptrend and goes only long,

// vice versa for below the EMA

extern int MA_Period = 25; // Period of MA

if (MCbyMA) {

MC=-1;

if (Bid<iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)) MC=1;

if (Bid>iMA(Symbol(),0,MA_Period,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)) MC=0;

Thanks

While you're for some of the more seasoned traders, let me take a stab at this since I've been running it live ~a month.

Assuming you have MCbyMA set as true, it will, indeed, adjust direction accordingly. There is one caveat though: If you have one more positions already open when the price crosses the MA, Blessing will keep trading the same direction until those positions, and any added ones, either hit profit or the specified close price.

This is one feature I'm a little apprehensive about, although Blessing has been rock steady so far. It seems that just as soon as the positions are closed and new ones are entered in the opposite direction, the direction changes again and you get whipsawed.

Hopefully, I understood your question.

Reason: