Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 40

things change

.hi everybody,

this is an example how things change:

In August I had a technical question testing the 5 Minute charts and this is what I received from Chicago Rob:

08-22-2009, 02:49 PM

ChicagoRob

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex4ex

I have sent a PM with the contents of my setfile to ChicagoRob.

It was M5, every tick, 90% Mod.Quality Starting with USD 3000 on Prime-Forex Demo (223)

Do you need anything else to verify?

Thanks

M5? For the recommended pairs, Blessing should be on

H4, or D1 for usdjpy. This is based on hundreds of

backtests, demo tests, and live trading.

Rob

This was on the other (first) thread about Blessing 2.

Since then I run a live account on FXDD and a demo forward account on Alpari UK. Results here: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

My live account is far behind because of my nerves and my f***ing interventions (and greed)

I had too many charts open that were connected to the pound and when the report of an investment bank came out -about 8 days ago- , my account had 8 pairs traded at the same time. I lost 50 % of the live account.

That leads me to my question:

I don't like the idea of MM, splitting up the account in several portions. When my account is engaged in a trade I like to have it all the power, not just 1/4.

Is it possible to add a filter to the ea that allows a trade only if no other (or may be only one more) chart is engaged in a trade?

Sorry for my English, I hope you understand what I mean.

BTW, I changed the entrance of the trades.

regards and as many live pips as possible.

Ex4ex

additional post

hi @all.

Trail & LockProfit will only run if you activate PowerOFFSL. Sorry, it's always activated in my settings.

Here is the same version with POSL activated. I've set the POSL to 1600 Pips to have enough space for Blessing.

Rob II

PS: i will add the mq4 once again with the POSL settings

Need Help

Hi there,

Im newbie here...can anyone show me how the setting details/manual is?im still blur here and try to learn how to use this ea. rite now, i already using ea Masyuk but this ea need large margin. so, if anyone dun mind, please show me how to set tis ea..

Thanx

M5 EURCHF Backtest

Since I was unable to get this version to pass '08 & '09, I am going to

back into it by testing for one week, one month, and so on, until it

hits EP. Should be interesting.

Rob

One year M5 eurchf backtest

I don't normally like to run Blessing on lower time

frames, but I decided to try it out with eurchf on the

M5 chart. Starting balance was $10,000 with 10-cent pips

and .01 lots. This is the same as $1000 with 1-cent pips

and .01 lots. This is four times the recommended

minimum, but I feel it is safer and I trade all my live

accounts this way. Haven't had one EP hit in nine months,

so something must be going right.

The backtest is really quite amazing. Profit for the yearly

period was 46%, with a very high profit factor of 4.02,

and a max DD of 18%. With a starting balance of $5000,

Blessing would have pulled down a 92% return, but with

a 36% DD. Since my goal is safety, I concentrate more

on DD than on raw return percentages.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
The MA only works at the first level of a basket. If price

is below the MA, it will start with a sell. If above, it will

start with a buy. The problem is that even if you're

well below the MA, price can go countertrend and

the sells will continue until there is sufficient retracement

to close the basket. Blessing only knows what to do at

the first level, which is to either buy or sell based on

price relative to MA.

I have always felt that indicators for Blessing are like

training wheels. They're great when you start rolling,

but when things get tough, the training wheels come

off and you're in the trenches. When price is countertrend

to the initial buy/sell, that's when you find out how good

your money/risk management is.

Rob

Hi,

it's just like Rob wrote, but if Bollinger is off it will sell when price is above MA and it will buy when price is below MA. Blessing always tries to get the retracement for making Pips. For that reason i prefer the Bollingers turned on an play with the figures 'Deviation' and 'BDistance' which defines when to start Blessing. The higher the values the less trades but higher prooability to retrace. Keep that in mind in your future Backtests and try to tweak this figures

Rob II

Hi Bob and others

I've been very active on blessings threads in the past months (one year alredy !) but now i'm far from all your recent posts and tests...i'm pleased to see you still try to improve this old ea. Bob could you help me telling me shortly what versions (and what mods) you test eur chf on ?

thanks

c u

alex

alex84:
Hi Bob and others

I've been very active on blessings threads in the past months (one year alredy !) but now i'm far from all your recent posts and tests...i'm pleased to see you still try to improve this old ea. Bob could you help me telling me shortly what versions (and what mods) you test eur chf on ?

thanks

c u

alex

Good to have you back on board, Alex.

Rob

Hey

Thx Rob

since i moved i'm lost with all this mods of blessing, most of all i don't have power and adsl all the time (viva africa !), so it's hard to keep on board

could you tell me more about your recent testings and improvments

thanks

ChicagoRob:
Good to have you back on board, Alex. Rob

Hi all

I have not many posts but have been following blessing for over a year now and tried to make it work with little DD but at times it doesnt proform well on live account {at recent drop usd}....

I would like to thank all for your hard work..I have tested the new low timeframe setting and I am impressed with the low DD on backtesting.Please keep posting your hard work here on these fourms some of us enjoy reading them, testing them, and try to make a few bucks with them..

Good Trading to All

Reason: