Blessing 2 - page 122

georgedim:
Hello, Ed

Here is 4 months of demo trading, with 4 currencies.

As you can see the .set file is performing best on Eur/Usd. I am using the same .set file for all the currencies, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Can someone optimize, and post good set-file for Usd/Chf???

Best Regards

George

hi George,

Could you post the results in a different format. I cant open the file.

Rgds

stace:
what TF and settings you have??

stace i am running Irons recommended set files from 1 month ago. you can find them here on this thread. he posted them in the end of april. eurusd,audcad and usdcad are H4 and usdjpy is D1. http://feline207.mt4stats.com

edit: stace now i took a look at the link from your signature. you also have success but a very big drawdown. are you using the same settings as me ? which version are you running ?

Feline207

My stats there is old ea. I dont even care it forgot already

I believe those set files are for v5.1. If you are using v5.2, Iron has converted those set files to be used in v5.2, they are in post 1194.

-RJ1-

feline207:
stace i am running Irons recommended set files from 1 month ago. you can find them here on this thread. he posted them in the end of april. eurusd,audcad and usdcad are H4 and usdjpy is D1. MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world edit: stace now i took a look at the link from your signature. you also have success but a very big drawdown. are you using the same settings as me ? which version are you running ?

documentation of Blessing2 strategy

Hi All,

I have spent several hours reading through most of the postings on this successful EA. As its an opensource project (by virtue of the openness so far and community involvement) I was wondering if there has ever been a write up on the strategy ?

I have found documentation on the features, MM, equity protection, etc. But nothing on the fundamentals/basic of the strategy. As it evolves (now iATR introduced) might be good to get a better understanding of the insides so that we could (however unlikely) add to its success. Sometimes its nice to give back.

Just a though, I am a newbe

teknoesen:
hi George,

Rgds

Sure thing Ed. I presume you are having problem with WinRar?

I will .zip them soon.

Best Regards

George

teknoesen:
hi George,

Rgds

See how you go with this Ed.

Best

George

Files:
april-may.zip  260 kb

Starting lot sizes

I've tried to change my starting lot sizes to 0.02 on my demo account but my trades are still opening at 0.01. Do I need to turn on moneymanagement for the lot sizes to change because I thought you can do this with just manual lot size changes. But even turning money management on my starting lot sizes still has not coverted to 0.02. I am missing something. Help!

ChicagoRob:
This reminds me of the time I ran an older version of Blessing on eight pairs,

at .1 lots, with a $10K account. The rate of return was amazing. Of course,

I broke all the rules, but it was a demo and I wanted to see what would

happen(can you guess?).

Like most of the seasoned Blessing users, you will find that "conservative"

is the way to stay in the safety zone.

Rob

Rob you are absolutely correct. That's why I am afraid at this point to trade EURUSD on my live account. I guess I just like seeing my demo account with all of those charts on it but would never trade them live. It makes my buddies think I really know what I am doing.

Here's a link to the original Blessing thread. The first post contains the strategy...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176083

seank:
Hi All,

I have spent several hours reading through most of the postings on this successful EA. As its an opensource project (by virtue of the openness so far and community involvement) I was wondering if there has ever been a write up on the strategy ?

I have found documentation on the features, MM, equity protection, etc. But nothing on the fundamentals/basic of the strategy. As it evolves (now iATR introduced) might be good to get a better understanding of the insides so that we could (however unlikely) add to its success. Sometimes its nice to give back.

Just a though, I am a newbe