Money Management - page 22

if (mm==1)

{

if(LotsmaxLots){Lots=maxLots;}}

}

I have this as my Money management process. I have 1 issue with it. I'm not able to determine the starting LOT size... This keeps it at .10 $1/pip I would like it to start with $.10cent/pip... I have the Lot size and those settings set as .01 This is 10cent/pip for me. but when I run the backtest....MM kicks in and changes it to .10

What can I change in this code to all me to do this....

Money management is something I struggle with so this will definitely help me. Thanks for the post!

pnponboard:
if (mm==1)

{

if(LotsmaxLots){Lots=maxLots;}}

}

I have this as my Money management process. I have 1 issue with it. I'm not able to determine the starting LOT size... This keeps it at .10 $1/pip I would like it to start with $.10cent/pip... I have the Lot size and those settings set as .01 This is 10cent/pip for me. but when I run the backtest....MM kicks in and changes it to .10

What can I change in this code to all me to do this....

1sandeepgupta:
Good position size indicator

Hi, I found this money management indicator on web. It is good. I want to add some more things like Take profit level, profit and risk reward ratio. Please help me to make it better.

positionsizecalculator.mq4

You need more data for that

Does any one have a fixed fractional trade manager? Seems all are percent based.

So it would calculate position size for each trade based on a stop level and a whole number account size. say for every $1000 in your account the lot size would increase 0.1. if you grew your account to 6800 you lot size would be 0.6 but when you crossed 7100 then it would increase to 0.7 and if it went back down to 6890 then your size would be 0.6 again with a fixed SL

thanks

metal30:
Does any one have a fixed fractional trade manager? Seems all are percent based.

So it would calculate position size for each trade based on a stop level and a whole number account size. say for every $1000 in your account the lot size would increase 0.1. if you grew your account to 6800 you lot size would be 0.6 but when you crossed 7100 then it would increase to 0.7 and if it went back down to 6890 then your size would be 0.6 again with a fixed SL

thanks

Isn't that very similar to any % risk management when the lot size is rounded to minimal lot step?

mladen:
Isn't that very similar to any % risk management when the lot size is rounded to minimal lot step?

Sounds like it would be similar, do you know of an EA that has that feature? Ive just had the most success using that model and want to continue it, I have something on order at Fiver, i will post it here if he lets me.

But if you know of something as you describe I would be grateful to try it out.

metal30:

Sounds like it would be similar, do you know of an EA that has that feature? Ive just had the most success using that model and want to continue it, I have something on order at Fiver, i will post it here if he lets me.

But if you know of something as you describe I would be grateful to try it out.

metal30

Almost all EAs that have % risk are working that way - they must round the lot size that way, or else it will be rejected by the broker

mladen:

metal30

Almost all EAs that have % risk are working that way - they must round the lot size that way, or else it will be rejected by the broker

The difference is in the stop if i have a $500 account with a 10 pip stop risking 1% that would give me 5 minis which is fine and would not go up to 6 until i crossed 600, great, but if i vary my stop even one pip the position size changes, and that change is even more dramatic on a lager account size, this is what i am trying to avoid/remediate a

5000 account with a 10 pip stop 1% = 50 micro

with a 9 pip stop and 1% = 55

12 = 41 thats the difference

on a side note that guy on fiver just gave me a fixed ratio gui he found on the internet (getting a refund)

as a work around i am using christinas COE keeping the lot size fixed placing the order then moving the stop

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181176/page17

Hi Mladen,

Could you please amend the attached EA code, so that once the ea closes 50% of the trade at the desired settings (Which current EA can do) then have an additional input to change the stop loss to say 9 pips (previuosly 6 pips on closed position) and trail it by 9 pips once price goes up every 3 pips. Or alternatively once 50% of trade is closed the old settings are inactive and I can re-input the new settings as desired.

I hope it makes sense

As always Thank you for your time.

Kanesh

73kane:
Hi Mladen,

Could you please amend the attached EA code, so that once the ea closes 50% of the trade at the desired settings (Which current EA can do) then have an additional input to change the stop loss to say 9 pips (previuosly 6 pips on closed position) and trail it by 9 pips once price goes up every 3 pips. Or alternatively once 50% of trade is closed the old settings are inactive and I can re-input the new settings as desired.

I hope it makes sense

As always Thank you for your time.

Kanesh

its an ex4 they can only mod mq4 source code

Reason: