Suggestion to forum admins - page 26

Bongo:
ND,

Could you please exit the attachment by date not by z to a..

Please see Forex Factory.

Thanks

Bongo

Thanks.

I sent request to the developers.

Done: thread's attachments (on the corner of the every thread) is having time stamp about when attachments were uploaded/added.

Files:
1_1110_1.jpg  14 kb
1_1110_2.jpg  85 kb

Hi,

Perfect.

Thanks

Bongo

looking for global crosshair

Hi,

new to this forum, forex, coming over from eminis, wish had found this forum before spending 10k on eminis.

loaded and running manually Envelope and starting on ASCtrend....awesome amount of work and info in the TSD site.

however, am looking for global crosshair indicator as in most platforms...found one on internet that didn't work...have 4hr, 1hr, 15m, 5m etc charts up and need to see where at on each one while studying the charts.

thx

Many timeframes in 1 window?

- Multi-indics indicator: the thread is here;

- Tickwatcher: A kind of a scaner to monitor trends for multiple pairs and time frames. Original thread.

- Multi pair indicators thread: indicators with milti pairs view in one separate window.

- Mt4_FX_Dashboard tool: original thread.

- MultiPairSinyal indicators: this post.

- Multipair_Sinyal indicator: post to download; explanation is on this post and this one; same indicator to trade the Gold: this post.

MTF Multi Currency Data is on this post. For every pair on the chart: MTf price for many timeframes, high/low and so on, spread and some other things. All the information for many pairs on one your chart.

Multi pair indicators thread.

Trade Assistant - this indicator gives buy and sell signals on multiple timeframes: original thread.

ToR - Trending or Ranging: original thread; indicators is on this post; latest indicator version is here.

Trend Friend: original thread.

CCI Helper: the thread.

Price Percentage Oscillator is on this thread.

Stochastic Trader is on this thread.

Patriot Road: nice trading system well coded by indicators.

global crosshair

Hello ND,

what am talking about is like in Ninjatrader, Tradestation etc where if you have multiple charts up in a workspace/profile, each with a diff TF, and you put the cursor crosshair for example at 0700 on the 5 minute chart, it would also appear at 0700 on all the other charts you have up and would move throughout the charts as you moved the cursor/crosshair around on the chart you have main cursor on.

I am in CST USA and having trouble finding best trading zones for research such as your GMT+3 and my GMT-5 which is CST. I know it is 0700. I Am working with my broker because their MT4 says GMT-8 is 0700 even though internet searchs show -5 for my area. They call it "Turkey Time". Very confusing because this site and all others posts and info are based on the real GMT time frames.

This is another reason for wanting a global x-hair.

thx

global crosshair

Hello ND,

Below are copies of communications and some .mq4 files from another forum that I could not get to work. Not sure if it me or the files. They are supposed to creat global crosshairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. open main window and drop "@ sx BT get" script on the chart - magenta vertical line named "BT" apears at the end (this script will read time and write it to global variable)

2. open other window (for ex. other TF of the same pair) and drop "@ sx BT set" script on it - blue vertical line named "BT" apears at the end (this script will read glob. variable with time and move blue line to specific time)

3. repeat step 2 if necessary in more charts

now move magenta in main window and blue lines will move in synco with it.

when you want to stop scripts - just switch TF in the windows

----------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE BELOW ARE UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE ABOVE INDICATORS ARE ADDED BY ANOTHER PERSON. THEY ARE THE TWO .mq4 FILES ATTACHED.

I join a slightly modified version. It does both vertical and horizintal line. Unfortunatelly it is not possible to move both of them simultanously.

I solved exit of scripts also - you can just delete one of magenta lines in main window and it will remove lines and global variables in all windows and removes script from them. Due to this solution "BT get" script must be dropped in main window first, then "BT set" in slaves windows.

Hope it will help you any way.

Attached Files @ sx BT get cross.mq4 (2.2 KB, 113 views)

@ sx BT set cross.mq4 (1.9 KB, 104 views

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M NOT SURE WHAT THE FOLLOWING FILE IS OR MEANS BUT I ATTACHED IT ANYWAY.

im sorry but i have no idea how to tie both lines like a cross. I do not know function that gives actual position of cursor.

Actual script works simply: "get" reads position=time of vertical line or price at horizontal line and these values writes to global variables, that are accessable from other windows.

"set" scripts reads content of glob. variables and move lines to proper positions (price and time). No less no more. Because you are not able move both lines together you cannot work as regular crossline.

If there is some connection between line (e.g. you horizontal line = close price at the that time of vertical line) it is possible to tie lines. But it is not regular crosshair.

Im not sure if you understood what I mean, so I join another handy script for manual backtesting that works this way:

How to use: drop "manual BT" script to chart. there will be 2 vertical lines (red and blue) and 2 horizontal dashed lines. You can move vert. line to open and close order positions and hor. lines move immediatelly to close price at these times. In left up corner you can see the profit. Nothing clever but sometimes handy for backtesting. Must try and you will see.

Attached Files @ sx Manual BT.mq4 (2.4 KB, 91 views)

Thx again

iPhone support

Hi ND et al,

I came across Tapatalk - Online Community at your fingertips!, which is a native iPhone application for viewing forums.

I cannot vouch for this particular product, but I think this concept would be a great enhancement to forex-tsd.

Cheers

can we join the admin group

admins

thanks

Reason: