ToR 1.02 - Trending or Ranging - page 9

nittany1:
I'm going to add back the 4 hour this week, I miss it too. After that I'm going to make the whole thing user adjustable so people can set their own timeframes. I'm still working out in my head how I want to do that because of displaying the right timeframes correctly with spacing and text. As far as the percentages stuff, that's a good idea too. I'll work on that also to see if I can get that going. - nittany1

Thank you nittany1 for ur kind reply and ur interest to apply this idea to ur GREAT STAT OF ART INDICATOR...(i realy realy like it and i wish i could have most of the indicators same way like yours and CJA ..you guys are perfect..)

Yah man,i miss my lovers..i miss the H4 and D1 time frames

i wish that i could give hand ..BUT NO BRAIN..OH YEAHHH

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Hi, Nittany!

there is some questions & seggestions 4 next version from MTF thread p.p. 1714-1717

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page115

Great indicator

Hi, Nittany!

You made a great indicator. This is only my idea. .If possible you could combine with cross MA. From the cross MA; you calculate the percentage of ADX rising. If the percentage is rising then there may be a strong tren.

I am curious as to the reason your indicator is showing the D1 ADX as DOWN when the current value is above the previous value.

Thanks.

Any indicator to avoid Sideways Market ??

nittany1:
Thanks! Heh. I hope everyone makes good use of it! Best of luck everyone.

Dear nittany1,

I've seen some good things happen on this thread.

I trade on small time frames like 5M & 15M.

I have a good logic (Automated) that makes upto 500 Pips in less than 12 hours - BUT only when market MOVES and has ENERGY - Either ways with minimal drawdown (But loose 50 to 100 percent of that in the next 12 hours).

The issue is the sudden Spikes & Bursts that trigger false trends - which is when I really end up in a mess. The problem I face is the WRONG signal (Basically because of spike/s) and the whole approach is misguided.

I am looking for an indicator that can help me avoid Sudden/False Trends.

Missing good trends is fine and that happens many times with the best of the traders - But taking an opposite trend is what is what makes my heart bleed.

Any Indicator that you have or any advise will help me greately. Please PM me if you need any additional Information.

Thanks

Humble

(Humbled by the Shocks/Surprises of the Forex Market)

TheRumpledOne:

I am curious as to the reason your indicator is showing the D1 ADX as DOWN when the current value is above the previous value.

Thanks.

Here is a screenshot of the USDJPY Daily. DI- is way on top of DI+ and ADX itself peaked at ~61 and is after that down around ~55. For ToR when DI- is higher than DI+ it shows the text in red. The arrow signifies how strong that trend is and get's is direction of trend from DI- and DI+.

Files:

I changed ToR around quite a bit, at least from a coding standpoint. The text now says "stronger" or "weaker" depending what ADX is doing on that timeframe, I added back the 4 hour due to popularity and added "ranging" to let you know when that is happening. The colors and fonts are changed around a bit to make it more readable.

Current version is now 1.11

- nittany1

Not to intrude

Hi, here is an indicator or two that might help you. I assume you are taking about Pip Maker for the EA you are using. If so, could you share your settings for this kind of profit in the thread. I am looking at anti-Martingale EA.

Regards,

Rydnek

Dear nittany1,

I've seen some good things happen on this thread.

I trade on small time frames like 5M & 15M.

I have a good logic (Automated) that makes upto 500 Pips in less than 12 hours - BUT only when market MOVES and has ENERGY - Either ways with minimal drawdown (But loose 50 to 100 percent of that in the next 12 hours).

The issue is the sudden Spikes & Bursts that trigger false trends - which is when I really end up in a mess. The problem I face is the WRONG signal (Basically because of spike/s) and the whole approach is misguided.

I am looking for an indicator that can help me avoid Sudden/False Trends.

Thanks for the Indicators

rydnek:
Hi, here is an indicator or two that might help you. I assume you are taking about Pip Maker for the EA you are using. If so, could you share your settings for this kind of profit in the thread. I am looking at anti-Martingale EA.

Regards,

Rydnek

Hi rydnek,

No I was not refering to Pipmaker. It is my own little Work in progress - based on things from here and there from many forums.

Once it proves to be worth its Salt - I will share it on this forum.

Thank you for sharing the Indicators.

Best regards

Humble.

1.11 was broken with some of the text objects. If anyone has that version delete it and download 1.12 instead, it works. Plus there are a lot of improvements to make it more efficient.

-nittany1

Reason: