SYNERGY Trading Method - page 42

roodstaart:
????????????????????????/ I traded gbpjpy and eurjpy today and made a lot of money. How come you do not? I trade the hour and 4hr. Somewhere in this tread you find my settings, so give it a try.

roodstaart,

Are you trading on the 1HR and looking at 4HR for confirmation, or the other way around?

Also, are you kind of doing it manually or just 'setting and forgetting'?

New version

This is not a major revision; only a couple minor additions. I am happy that many of you are pleased with the EA. I have very little time these days, but wanted to get in a couple of additions you have requested:

1) xcooper asked that the EA have an option to place NO trades, but handle trades opened manually. I have made the changes I believe are required, but have no time to test it, so please give it a whirl on a demo and let me know how it goes. In order to activate it, you need to set "HandleExitsOnly" to true (defaults false).

2) I added session trading times for those that want the EA to trade only given hours. There are 3 optional sessions; you will see them at the end of the Entry Settings. If UseTradingTimes is false, or a session entry time is "99:99", then it will not use it. Times are server time. I tested these and they seems to work.

3) I do not have time to add this extra stuff to the instruction document right now. But if y'all test this and like it, I will add it in later.

I guess all I can ask in return is if someone finds a good 'session time' setting, please post your .set file back here so we can try it...

To download new version, check post #65.

Happy New Year,

-Derk

Easier ZIP

et al,

This zip has the same exact files as the one Derk just posted. All I did was make it easier to unzip them.

Just extract to your experts directory. It will place the files where they need to go (if you already have files by those names, it'll ask you if you want to replace them).

Files:

DerkWehler:
This is not a major revision; only a couple minor additions. I am happy that many of you are pleased with the EA. I have very little time these days, but wanted to get in a couple of additions you have requested:

1) xcooper asked that the EA have an option to place NO trades, but handle trades opened manually. I have made the changes I believe are required, but have no time to test it, so please give it a whirl on a demo and let me know how it goes. In order to activate it, you need to set "HandleExitsOnly" to true (defaults false).

2) I added session trading times for those that want the EA to trade only given hours. There are 3 optional sessions; you will see them at the end of the Entry Settings. If UseTradingTimes is false, or a session entry time is "99:99", then it will not use it. Times are server time. I tested these and they seems to work.

3) I do not have time to add this extra stuff to the instruction document right now. But if y'all test this and like it, I will add it in later.

I guess all I can ask in return is if someone finds a good 'session time' setting, please post your .set file back here so we can try it...

To download new version, check post #65.

Happy New Year,

-Derk

umm, hate to be a bother here, but IsPast in the EA isn't defined anywhere.

'IsPast' - function is not defined C:\Dir\SynergyEA.mq4 (1116, 6)

'IsPast' - function is not defined C:\Dir\SynergyEA.mq4 (1116, 24)

I've looked in the other files in the 'package' and couldn't find it.

Missing File

I have gone thur the complete thread and create a set of good/latest files and loaded them on a new demo account.

Two things have happened:

1) It open two sell orders on eur/cad and two on usd/cad.

2) I looked at the experts log and see where it cannot find the file DM_RangeFactor.ex4.

I saw talk of it, but could not find it or find it in any zip files.

I am running the following indicators:

HeilkenAshi_dm

2 - moving Averages

SynergyInd

Traders Dynamic Index Visual Alerts

and the SynergyEA - Version 5

Could someone please post the missing file.

Thanks,

Ron

More losses

Great to see that Derk is working on the beast. Thanks to nondisclosure for help with getting the file.

I have been running rood's settings today and incurred more losses. See attached for details. Am I doing something wrong?

autumn

Files:

error

Hi Derk,

thx for your effort on coding the new ideas into your EA.

Unfortunately I get the same errors as nondisclosure. Hope you can help us out there ?

thx again !

Chris

Great EA and Indi in a making

Hello all,

Thanks to all for the contribution to this mail and most especially to derk for taking his time to ensure that all request are programmed for the betterment of the EA.

I believe that very soon, we will have the best EA and Indi around.

Derk, you are just such a nice guy

Anthean:
Hi Derk,

thx for your effort on coding the new ideas into your EA.

Unfortunately I get the same errors as nondisclosure. Hope you can help us out there ?

thx again !

Chris

??? Maybe, you just start with a brandclean graphics, without any indicators at all. Then just put the EA to work. 1hr or 4hr. So no Hei, etc, nothing on it.

And try it on different fps like NF, Alpari, WHC then lets see what happens.

easy_man:

The missing file is a proprietary indicator from CompassFx. If you do not have it, it will just skip using it.

Not sure about your multiple orders. Do you have SplitOrder turned on? If so, that is why.

-Derk

easy_man:
I have gone thur the complete thread and create a set of good/latest files and loaded them on a new demo account.

Two things have happened:

1) It open two sell orders on eur/cad and two on usd/cad.

2) I looked at the experts log and see where it cannot find the file DM_RangeFactor.ex4.

I saw talk of it, but could not find it or find it in any zip files.

I am running the following indicators:

HeilkenAshi_dm

2 - moving Averages

SynergyInd

Traders Dynamic Index Visual Alerts

and the SynergyEA - Version 5

Could someone please post the missing file.

Thanks,

Ron