SDS - Simple Daily System EA - page 10

Hi Yeoeleven... Sorry --- I did not test this EA yet so I do not know how the problem would be solved... you say it does not TP at the determined level?... I am not sure what can be done.....

Tp & sl

gorinw9:
Hi Yeoeleven... Sorry --- I did not test this EA yet so I do not know how the problem would be solved... you say it does not TP at the determined level?... I am not sure what can be done.....

Gorin,

The EA using the version mentioned does not place either TP or SL with the opening trade but seems to create them if the trades goes into loss. So if the trade wins and keeps on winning as mine did on the detailed statement something has to be done to prevent a reversal giving the profit away. Hence my use of the Trailing Stop.

After the TS has been activated would the EA be adversely affected if it was removed from the chart and started off anew? After all the progression would not be a problem after a large win and a new start would recommence with the smallest unit.

John

I believe it would not be a problem as long as the profit is higher than the fixed TP level of the EA..... but if the trailing makes the profit lower than the the TP level that is fixed for that EA, in the long term the balance of the system will be gone....

So I do not know what to do.......

New Version

Hello all:

I ran the original and the one I modified (the one I attached to post #85) and neither traded.

So I have re-created the EA. Attached is a zip file that contains the EA, plus the supporting libraries. If you expand it onto your main platform folder (like "C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4"), it will put the files in the right places.

I have backtested this and it seems to function correctly. However, I might warn that when I did a test back to 1/1/2008, it lost money. The nature of how this functions lends itself to doing well in trending markets, as we have seen for the last few weeks. But I do not suspect it will do well in ranging ones...

In any event, please try it out and let me know how it works. There are several extra options to this EA, but I do not have time to explain them all at the moment. You should be able to run it with default settings to run like the old one was explained. MoneyManagement is defaulted true, and at 4% risk, so set that to false if you want to just use straight Lots entry. Obviously no guarantees on this; please run it on a demo for a while before considering real money.

You will see that I put in the ATR-variable TP percentage as well. I implemented the D'Alembert MM with the "Oscars Grind" option where it will reset the trades back tot he base lots if it gets "X" number of pips ahead.

Anyway, as said, I do not have much time at the moment; I just wanted to get this out to you all. So I will answer more questions later.

-Derk

Files:
dsds.zip  162 kb

Hi DerkWehler

This is fantastic!! Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Have fun testing all of the new setttings this EA provides

This thread seems to have gone dormant.... Did anyone ever test my version of the EA? Any problems? Any successes?

-Derk

Thanks to lcfxtrader, this is a very impressive expert despite of the lots management bug.

Different results got on Masterforex, TF Daily :

SDS version : profit/loss - maximal DD

SDS original : 5,208 - 4.17% balance 10k (13 august - 5 september) starting at 0.1 lot 20 pairs - opened trades 1

SDS original : 20,867 - 9.38% balance 10k (20 august - 5 september) starting at 0.5 lot 20 pairs - opened trades 5

SDS original : 7,272 - 9.26% balance 10k (27 august - 5 september) starting at 0.2 lot all pairs - opened trades 144

SDS original : 2,130 - 2.66% balance 8k (1 - 5 september) starting at 0.1 lot 20 pairs - opened trades 0

SDS original : 112 - 11.93% balance 10k (8 - 12 september) starting at 0.1 lot all pairs - opened trades 214

SDS fixedlot : 541 - 6.52% balance 10k (8 - 12 september) 0.1 lot all pairs - opened trades 58

SDS adr tpsl : 124 - 5.35% balance 10k (8 - 12 september) starting at 0.1 lot all pairs - opened trades 714

DSDS Derk : 7,453 - 42.74% balance 10k (8 - 12 september) default settings all pairs - opened trades -2,105

Thanks DerkWehler, you have made a great job. Your version gives the best results for this week. I would have loved to test it during the previous weeks as we've had interesting movements on the market as you can see with the results of the original version.

There is big drawdowns : +7k > +0 > +11k > +4k > +7k, .... but this is the system. It generates rebounds.

As you say, there is time when it lost money, the account can blow up as with most of EA.

It seems that the best pairs are EY, GU, GY, AY, NY, NU and CHY.

Thank you Derk for sharing your EA. Very inspiring.

I started testing your version this week on EURJPY, but the increase in lot size would be difficult for me to manage on a live account (up to 6 minilots at some stage).

Please advise how to change the setting, to be able to trade microlots i.e. start the progression at 0.01L size. Thanks.

Just change UseMoneyManagement to false, Lots to 0.01, and leave the AuxiliaryMM_Type set to 5.

kiwi4:
Thank you Derk for sharing your EA. Very inspiring.

I started testing your version this week on EURJPY, but the increase in lot size would be difficult for me to manage on a live account (up to 6 minilots at some stage).

Please advise how to change the setting, to be able to trade microlots i.e. start the progression at 0.01L size. Thanks.

Result from this week- IBFX mini account

Files:
statement.htm  20 kb
Reason: