SYNERGY Trading Method - page 35

autumnleaves:
Hi all,

I have installed Derk's settings on two 1H charts and Chris's on 2 others. So far no action to speak of. I think that it should be entering trades but is not. Or do I misinterpret the chart. See attached.

autumn

Hey Autumnleaves. What's drawing the big arrow's on your chart? And if the code that does it isn't posted in this thread, could ya post it?

THANKS!

Arrows?

Hi Nondisclosure, I don't know what is making the arrows. The only indicators loaded are Derks Synergy, HeikenAshiDM, two moving averages, TDI, and Chaiken Kalenzo. I thought that Derks Indy was doing the arrows.

Do you have any idea why the EA is not triggering trades on my setup?

autumn

Arrows

Hi Autumn and Non:

Could have sworn I already posted this, but I don't see it, so... here I go again:

The arrows are put up by the SynergyInd. If you remove it, they will go away.

I am not sure why your EA did not take the last trade on that chart you posted. It did on mine (as well as the previous short trade). And in fact, mine is now in another short trade from 08:38 on the 13th.

Can you please send me the EA version you are using. There have been a couple anomalies since I posted the last version; I am beginning to suspect that perhaps I somehow posted the wrong one. Please just email it to me direct, same username at gmail. I will do a file compare and make sure I have posted the most current one.

Thanks,

-Derk

Verification

Autumn:

Thanks for sending back the copy of the EA. I checked and there is no discrepancy; the EA you have is the one I am running; the latest one.

Can you perhaps post your .set file (or send privately)? Perhaps you have unwittingly set something that is filtering out the trades that you are expecting...

-Derk

Performance good

Thanks for putting me straight, as the EA seems to be performing very well now. Two trades grabbed overnight for about $110, plus another 5 open at $285 with none negative on 4 currency pairs.

Details upon request.

Keep up the good work, Derk, and you'll be retired before you know it.

autumn

Last night was good, I got ~150 also -London session. You might condsider putting a 'timer' on the EA to only run during the London and US sessions (around 1am to 10am). This could help filter out slow trading times that cause increased losses. Also, a good addition is to add stochastic filter to the trades. If there is a strong daily and 4hr trend and the hourly chart retraces opposite near the 80 or 20 level AND then there is a synergy entry condition near the session open going with the trend, the % success is very high. See last nights example for the EURUSD and USDCHF attached. thx mike

Files:
eur_chf.doc  620 kb

post your set files

Can you post your set files

autumnleaves:
Thanks for putting me straight, as the EA seems to be performing very well now. Two trades grabbed overnight for about $110, plus another 5 open at $285 with none negative on 4 currency pairs.

Details upon request.

Keep up the good work, Derk, and you'll be retired before you know it.

autumn

Presets

Thanks for your news Mike, I'll give it a try next week.

In the meantime, Todd, here are the presets I am using. I don't know which of the two is more productive, and I think there is little difference between them.

have a good weekend.

autumn

Files:
presets.zip  2 kb

Start trailing after TP

Derk,

The EA works very well recently since the market showed clear trend almost every day. I used to set 100 pips take-profit for the active currency pairs or calculate the ATR for the same period of time based on data last year. Sometimes the trend move further than I expected and I missed catching few more pips. Is there a way that I can move the SL to be even as TP and then start trailing when my trade is riding on a good trend. The following picture explains better.

The #1 TP is perfect.

The #2 TP could have more profit if I can secure the TP and started to trail SL when the trend kept moving on my favorite direction.

Files:
synergy_tp.jpg  35 kb

XCooper:

Absolutely! This is exactly what I do. To close half at 100 TP and let the rest run (for this example, I will use a 66 pip trailing stop), set up like this:

SplitOrder = true

TakeProfit = 100

TrailingType = 3

TrailingValue = 66

FirstMove = 0

FirstSL = 0

SecondMove = 0

SecondSL = 0

ThirdMove = 100

The "ThirdMove" here defines when the 66 trail kicks in, so in this case, not until it gets to 100 and the first half of your order closes, at which point you would not be at breakeven; you would have 34 pips locked in.

So if you wanted it to go to breakeven instead, you would set TrailingValue = 100, and it would trail by 100 instead (once the first half closed). Or set ThirdMove to 66, and when it gets to 66 it will set to breakeven and trail. But it would trail both parts of the order, so if you do not want that, then you need ThirdMove set to 100, so it does not kick in until the first half of your order closes.

This is all explained in the manual too.

-Derk

xcooper:
Derk,

The EA works very well recently since the market showed clear trend almost every day. I used to set 100 pips take-profit for the active currency pairs or calculate the ATR for the same period of time based on data last year. Sometimes the trend move further than I expected and I missed catching few more pips. Is there a way that I can move the SL to be even as TP and then start trailing when my trade is riding on a good trend. The following picture explains better.

The #1 TP is perfect.

The #2 TP could have more profit if I can secure the TP and started to trail SL when the trend kept moving on my favorite direction.
Reason: